It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of Possible Terror Attacks in London

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Hoax bombs???

What the...

Defense mechanism. If you think he will go boom, you don't dare try to tackle him. Right?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Fear of detainment or shot?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Dunno that's a new one on me...seems strange since they probably knew they would be shot anyway...why use fakes? Why not blow yourself up as usual? What an odd thing to do unless it was just for the fear factor and they didn't have any gear to make actual bombs

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Here in the US, you would have to fear someone carrying concealed in many places, so you might get shot. In the UK, you don't have to worry about that, but you would have to possibly worry about someone coming in to grapple with you, especially if you are carrying out a knife attack.

In fact, some people did fight back.

But if you carry a fake bomb, it might keep people away from you.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Yup good point!

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

Yup good point!

But it says something else, bombs aren't as easy to make. If they aren't carrying their own, either they aren't hooked up with the main cell or there aren't that many bomb makers or the bomb making labs are just too hot or something.

That might be a good sign.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Well there have been armed forces in the London area since the Manchester bombing. I also believe the perps were shot dead today.

I could understand if it was simply to keep people and bullets away from them, that's a valid argument. Seems rather unorthodox is all. That being odd as well.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Ah - its called TERRORISM !

You know where you attempt to terrorize people ....

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Thats was my thinking too that they are separate from the usual suspects in some way or the known bomb makers were picked up in the sweep after manchester possibly

As yet no claim of responsibility from ISIS either. They are usually quick on the old internet when these things happen
edit on 3-6-2017 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Was that an attempt at condescension? The overall goal being terrorism does not make the act itself simply that. Their goal is to kill and maim. As many as possible or so I hear.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: firerescue

Was that an attempt at condescension? The overall goal being terrorism does not make the act itself simply that. Their goal is to kill and maim. As many as possible or so I hear.

The goal of terrorism is not just to kill and maim, but also to illicit a specific response.

Many of those that are the most vocal against terrorism, fall in-line and respond as the terrorists would hope for.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Perhaps they thought it would deter the police from shooting them?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Earlier you made this statement:

As it stands, you are advocating for group-think and targeting those that do not believe what the group thinks.

And then this:

I said nothing about diversity.

Whatever you care to call it, you are talking about diversity, specifically diversity of thought, values, priorities. A people can become so diverse that they can't be satisfactorily governed. That's reality.

The notion that diversity can be beneficial isn't something I'd argue against, but the notion that diversity, and that specifically in regards to things like world view, priorities, and values, doesn't at some point cross over into negative territory is naïve. And that, dangerously so.

Exactly where the tipping point occurs, I couldn't say, but clearly we've passed it. So, maybe now isn't the time to try and increase diversity, might be smarter to try and sculpt a little more commonality.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Yes, that is a given. Terrorism being the overall goal.

Using fake bombs that would ultimately lead to public knowledge of such doesn't exactly terrify anyone.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Why do you think they continue to come to countries they despise? And don't bloody say for a better life because they bring that life with them
So go on why do they still keep on coming?

Find out why they leave those countries...create the same conditions for them...and they will leave. Or, simply deport/export them back to their country of origin.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Perhaps they thought it would deter the police from shooting them?

Certainly plausible. I find it odd is all. Kets also mentioned the small amount of arms in the UK as well as the deterrent from physical assault.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I am reliably informed that for many they are forced to leave to become evangelists if you like spreading the word of Allah
They create the same conditions themselves
They segregate themsleves because to mix with infidels is another "betrayal" they can be pleasant and nice just like anyone else but at their core they are Muslim and HAVE to believe and live by their religious doctrine. They have no choice in the matter. This is why change needs to come from within not without

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Guns are very hard to come by for the majority. Sure there are places where you can get them...at a price...but you have to be in the know which is why its almost always bombs and knives here

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Guns are very hard to come by for the majority. Sure there are places where you can get them...at a price...but you have to be in the know which is why its almost always bombs and knives here

I imagine that is why there are such a small amount of incidents with firearms in your country. However, given the recent happenings, there are more guns in your streets due to military. I think the perps know this, so why the fake canister tactic?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I think you're right
I haven't seen so many armed coppers on the streets before and there is the SAS there too. Its all a bit worrying as the last thing I want to see in Britain are armed police as the norm.

But...still seems a bit off not blowing yourself up
Call me a cynic but I'm beginning to wonder as I've heard that 1 of the suspects was actually white....now I know there are white Muslims but.....not one witness statement I've read has mentioned the colour or nationality of the suspects even though they were seen up close and personal. Isis haven't claimed responsibility and police haven't released ANY details whatsoever about the suspects not even a hint at nationality colour or 'owt

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join