It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of Possible Terror Attacks in London

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Have any British politicians offered any solutions to combat this?

The nation is under attack and all we get is fake shock, mourning, praying and telling the world we'll stick together.

Those aren't solutions. Has anyone actually stepped up and offered any?

What do you propose? The reason they don't offer solutions, is because there are literally none.

As long as the qu'ran is considered the "word of allah", and the hate that is spread on the pages toward "infidels" exists, there will always be this problem.

FYI to everybody, moderate Muslims don't want to change it for the above reasons. They are also part of the problem.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

An invasion is an invasion. Don't kid yourself into thinking that motive much matters. The outcomes are the same in any case.

Suppose we invade the Central Republic of Itsuksistan because all the people are starving to death under the brutal grip of Ultiperator Tietfist. The army puts about as much fight as any middle eastern army might, and the people appear to welcome us with open arms. But in the end, it turns out that Itsuksistan, well, sucks because of the native culture of the people. If we don't stay long-term to rebuild and re-educate and generally engineer a new culture there from the ground up, the situation there will be as bad or worse as soon as we leave.

To compound matters, since the land of milk and honey did not materialize and we are not ruling as brutal strongmen, the natives are rebelling in an attempt to set themselves on the throne leading to insurrections.

Even though we invaded to make sure the people were fed well and able to feed themselves, we are now embroiled in a guerilla ground war and they are still starving.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: UKTruth

i really dont see a problem with deporting people on the watch list.
on the surface that sounds like a no brainer

but what kind of # gets you on the watch list?

that one kinda seems like a no brainer...
was manchester dude on the watch list?

i know the community complained about him to the cops a couple times

i would like to know if he was on it.

if not then either they #ed up and he should have been or he wasnt and in that case deporting people on it might not do much good.

complicated issue for sure

Yes he was on it... and I frankly couldn't care less about his due process. He should have been arrested.
As for getting on the list, that will remain part of intelligence operations methods, but they will have as good a method as any.
edit on 3/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Damned if they do damned if they don't. People cry out to leave the ME then whine we don't interfere

We actually do but there is little we can do except sanctions and political pressure

Many of the current problems HAVE to be solved by internal rebellion by the people themselves

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
In the case of the UK MI5 not having the resources to followup on the backlog, how about this?

MI5 gets the local police involved in the cases within their jurisdiction. Have the locals keep an eye and ear out for any change or movement. Then report back if something looks like it is going on.

Unless of course, that is how it works now. In that case, sounds like more resources are needed t police the local municipalities.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

He was on it and watched for 2 months I believe it was when intelligence moved his threat down the list as nothing out of the ordinary was discovered. He was put on it when he arrived in Germany on a flight from Libya on his way back to Britain

link   
FOX reports death toll is two.
20 people taken to six hospitals.

link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: TinySickTears

Agreed. We in the West have got off pretty lightly in the past compared to the ME and I fear we don't have any real clue how to solve it.

People have been talking the talk about solving the ME problems for years and years and still no further forward. It cannot be solved until there is some form of revision of the Islamic faith. They will continue killing each other and everyone else until told not to. The Ayatollah Khomeni of Iran was kicked out and exiled, then someone decided to topple the Shah & Queen Soraya and Khomeni got back in and started his hate preaching again. Iran was a cool place too really lovely. ALL and I mean ALL the hatred and calls for jihad come from the Imams.

Monitor the mosques and the Imams, do random inspections, close down the bad mosques

the monitoring takes time and money. manpower.
not saying it shouldnt happen but how to get that to happen.

i dont think a revision of the faith is going to happen.

i wonder what the spark was that started all this..
anyone know for sure

islam has been around since forever but as far as i know up until around the 70's there was no islamic terror attacks on non islamic nations...were there?

im going to have to do some reading on this

the first i can think of(not saying its the first but its the first i can think of) is when black september killed the isreali olympians...

and hats off to golda for handling that #....

but after that we creep into the 80's. russia and afghanistan are at it. weapons flow to afghanistan from the states..

i cant recall any attacks happening in the 80's but that dont mean they didnt happen.

first trade center bombing in what? 92

after then i can start to think of quite a lot in non islamic nations....

so what the hell happened?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

update.....up to 7 dead twenty injured..5 men wearing stab proof vests jumped out of the van with knives...www.thesun.co.uk...
edit on 3-6-2017 by research100 because: added 3 words

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Oil is what happened.

link   
Reports of one terrorist incapacitated.

link   

He was on the U.S. watch list but not an international one as I recall. Some sources say he was taken off but I have not confirmed those myself.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Well you have all but cheered for these terror attacks.

Please, tell me how that 8 year old girl desrved to die in that Manchester attack? I guess she was cheering on Nato too.

And most of the time, these attackers aren't even from the countries you are claiming Nato bombs.

Also, I suppose you believe these terrorists would be normal upstanding people if Nato wasn't there. They are all just hard working innocent people that were driven to this life by Nato, they hold no personal responsibility, right?

I suppose thats why Isis beheads other Muslims and take child sex brides, and kills homosexuals. (Homosexuals are huge in Nato so that makes sense).

There is room for a civilized discussion on the West terrible foreign interventions.

But your callous attitude and apologies for these terrorists is beyond ridiculous.

I am just fed up with ATS becoming an extension of facebook where no one really thinks with a broad vision in mind. I am saying many 8 years old girls have died in the middle east because of western "intervention". There is a war going on, stop thinking that what is happening is coming out of nowhere, it's ridiculous.

And I am a citizen of planet earth, nationalism is an infantile disease.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

Agreed. We in the West have got off pretty lightly in the past compared to the ME and I fear we don't have any real clue how to solve it.

People have been talking the talk about solving the ME problems for years and years and still no further forward. It cannot be solved until there is some form of revision of the Islamic faith. They will continue killing each other and everyone else until told not to. The Ayatollah Khomeni of Iran was kicked out and exiled, then someone decided to topple the Shah & Queen Soraya and Khomeni got back in and started his hate preaching again. Iran was a cool place too really lovely. ALL and I mean ALL the hatred and calls for jihad come from the Imams.

Monitor the mosques and the Imams, do random inspections, close down the bad mosques

the monitoring takes time and money. manpower.
not saying it shouldnt happen but how to get that to happen.

i dont think a revision of the faith is going to happen.

i wonder what the spark was that started all this..
anyone know for sure

islam has been around since forever but as far as i know up until around the 70's there was no islamic terror attacks on non islamic nations...were there?

im going to have to do some reading on this

the first i can think of(not saying its the first but its the first i can think of) is when black september killed the isreali olympians...

and hats off to golda for handling that #....

but after that we creep into the 80's. russia and afghanistan are at it. weapons flow to afghanistan from the states..

i cant recall any attacks happening in the 80's but that dont mean they didnt happen.

first trade center bombing in what? 92

after then i can start to think of quite a lot in non islamic nations....

so what the hell happened?

The trigger for holy war was the crusades. This "attitude" as be inherent in Islam since the very beginning. There are instructions in their book when is the right and wrong time to carry out Ji'had.

link   

Islam started to really radicalize back around the late '70s. Prior to that, a lot of Islamic nations were far more moderate and modernizing. You can go look up pictures of how it used to be in places like Lebanon and you wouldn't recognize it. It looks far too modern to be connected to what's there today.

Indonesia is as close to a moderate Muslim nation as anything and might be far closer to what the Middle East looked like it was heading before the radicals.

link   

im just talking out loud cause im hoping people can fill me in. staying in this thread is easier than trying to google #.

interesting that he was on it. i wonder how watched the people on the watch list are.

so he was on the list and at least a couple people in the community tried talking to the cops a couple times.

seems like the watch list didnt do #...i wonder why
he was on the list and people were saying maybe he should be paid attention to

if anyone has any legit theories on why and when this terrorism on western nations # started please tell.
something had to have happen either just or perceived.

in the 50's and 60's it sure does not seem like islam(being very general) was on this crusade to tear # up and infidels and holy war

what changed

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Islam started to really radicalize back around the late '70s. Prior to that, a lot of Islamic nations were far more moderate and modernizing. You can go look up pictures of how it used to be in places like Lebanon and you wouldn't recognize it. It looks far too modern to be connected to what's there today.

Indonesia is as close to a moderate Muslim nation as anything and might be far closer to what the Middle East looked like it was heading before the radicals.

The USA was the one who put dictators all over the M.E.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

The Police report all suspected terrorists to MI5

There is also a hotline on the Governments website
Terrorist Hotline

However, without the manpower to tackle every report, it becomes kind of pointless as all they will be able to say when one of them detonates a bomb like in Manchester, is that he was on the list.

I already know that due to staffing shortages MI5 have had to rely on British Police and British Transport Police in the past. The difficulties with using civilian forces is that they move on get promoted etc and with Special Branch they only stay 3-4 years before moving to CID or similar so there is no continuity of support. Another difficulty with intellligence surveillance is the places where Islamic terrorists meet such as Mosques and each other's homes. Its not like the days of the IRA where MI5 could watch them in pubs clubs etc with ease

Its making the intelligence service look incompetent
edit on 3-6-2017 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

gonna respond to a few at once

the 70's is when i put it too.

but why the 70's?
what happened?

deafalien, i dont know what you mean...oil happened

countries all over the world have been using oil for a long time. the middle east has had it for a long time

this terror # wasnt going on from what i can recall before the 70's

it radicalized then? so they just lied in wait for a couple thousand years until the end of the hippie era to then start ripping it up?

being on a US watch list probably dont mean # if the dude was in manchester i assume?
he was a citizen there and lived there but he was on our list?

im very confused

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

That argument falls apart when we're not invading Venezuela.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join