It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some kind of...facility?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I noticed this a while ago. I will provide coordinates if necessary but for now I have not as it might be important to not share with just anyone...

Anyone know what this is? Firstly Google streetview image of it under construction, you can see inside, blower vents etc.

Firstly I thought some kind of datacentre. It has its own substation(!) so hefty power needs. But there isn't enough room inside for that. And the super wierd thing which is why I post it here, the only signs are "deep excavation keep out" and "electric fence". Electric fence is wierd here in the UK especially one like this. NO company signs. No military area signs. No power or gas or water company signs. Just this building surrounded by high security electric fencing...

On to the images.

Main entrance.

Feeds from substation going in

This is from behind/side of substation you can see the "facility" in the background

I do wonder what the deal with is with the side. It had 7 seperate doors, stairs, entrances, chimneys, and at the back extractor fans and power inlets all matching the 7 entrances you can see here

slightly blurry, sorry

Here is an image of it from further away.

Finally round the back

I totally have no idea of what this could be. It obviously requires an immense amount of power to do whatever it does, the power seems to come in but not out, there are industrial spec chimneys and extractors...but then 7 seperate entrances on the side. Very confusing.

Sorry for img quality, iPhone 4C.

edit on 3-6-2017 by mustafasaid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mustafasaid

Where abouts in Wales is it?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

The google image under construction... first thing that came to my mind was an industrial greenhouse of some sort.

Looks a little "legit" for such operations... specifically that gnarly gate at the Main Entrance.

The HUGE air units and the stacks suggest the need to keep things cool... really cool... possibly servers? Although usually servers are in buildings like that around here anyway (southern US)

The more I look at it the more it looks food related to me...

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hello. Judging from your pics I can see concrete tunnel liners which indicate deep underground tunneling. My best guess would be upgrade additions for a deep underground military base.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Are you sure it's not some sort of power generation facility? That would explain the substation.
edit on 6/3/2017 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
North wales. I strongly suspect a DUMB in NW but not here.

I don't think it is power related. The only thing I could find out was a PDF about an anaerobic treatment facility but it is a good 300m away and these facilities are humongous, requiring large tanks etc.

I thought datacentre too but there is no space in the building for actual servers.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Where abouts in N Wales?....is it on one of the big industrial estates, Queensferry? Wrexham?

seeing as it's on google streetview can you not just tell us where it is exactly?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Those 7 doors could be elevator bays. Chimney stacks could be for machine exhaust ventilation. I suspect scrubbers behind those building vents. DUMB access intersect perhaps?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Argyll

53.204629, -3.014821

You were correct, Queensferry, or near enough.

As you go into NW there are a load of wierd stuffs that look like resevioir bunkers but with added wierdness. For example this house is situated right on top of one... never known a house built on a resevoir before?

53.187953, -3.115256

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Here is a top view of the place.
Nearby road is called chemistry lane looks like there are nearby shopping centers.
Great job taking ground pictures OP.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it is, or is going to be, a power generation facility. I found several planning statements that sound like they're talking about that location, and go into full detail on the plans. The company in charge is Culvery Power Limited.

Also known as a ‘peaking’ plant, the STOR plant will provide electricity
generation at short notice to the electricity network at times when generation
from renewable sources, typically wind turbines and solar arrays, fails to
generate as expected due to lack of wind or sunlight.

The 0.32 ha site is located off Chemistry Lane, Queensferry. The vacant land
forms part of a wider employment allocation at Chester Road East (Policy EM1
of the 2011 Flintshire Unitary Development Plan).
2.2 The application site is bound to the north by an existing electrical substation,
beyond which is a railway line; and to the east by Chemistry Lane. There are
no physical boundaries to the south and west of the application site.

The proposed STOR will comprise seven combustion engine driven electricity
generating sets that together will create a total of around 14MW of energy.
Each engine generator set will sit in its own acoustic containment cell, side-byside
within a bespoke plant building. The total thermal output of the generating
plant will be limited to 50MWth.

Seven "entrances" for seven generators?

The PDF can be found here:
HERE
edit on 6/4/2017 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/4/2017 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
the electric fences are not really electric fences. they are electrically alarmed. all the horizontal wires are connected to sensors that will trip an alarm if tampered with.
All the electric sub stations in my area of Wales have had them installed. Mainly to stop thieves who are stealing the cabling from these places.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: mustafasaid
a reply to: Argyll

53.204629, -3.014821

You were correct, Queensferry, or near enough.

As you go into NW there are a load of wierd stuffs that look like resevioir bunkers but with added wierdness. For example this house is situated right on top of one... never known a house built on a resevoir before?

53.187953, -3.115256

If you look on the ordnance survey map the house is about 300 feet south of the actual reservoir. its not uncommon to have houses built around them.
heres one near where I live. the houses go right up to the fence.
53°11'16.6"N 3°06'54.9"W
edit on 4-6-2017 by urbanghost because: added info

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: urbanghost

You linked me to the one I linked to, lol?

Never seen them with houses on. You learn something new every day!

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Good work! Oh well, mystery solved!

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: mustafasaid
a reply to: urbanghost

You linked me to the one I linked to, lol?

Never seen them with houses on. You learn something new every day!

sorry,

this is where I meant
51.644807, -3.815237

new topics

top topics

join