It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'March for Truth': Ex-Obama White House stars, liberal heavyweights eye Trump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Do people really have this much time on their hands to protest every other week? I mean seriously....they want everyone to Think they are hurting and in need, yet they are protesting and saying they can take back the White House?

What the hell is wrong with folks these days. It's like they can't just let it go and try to work with what they have now. For some reason they all have to have a voice or whatever 15 seconds of fame they can get.

This orchestrated effort to keep people in turmoil and not working or doing something truly valuable with their time, while also keeping them bothered is REALLY disturbing.

GTF over it already folks.

There are already multiple investigations and special counsel involved....what else do you need to waste money on?

This is getting stupid....to the point they will be laughed at and ridiculed.

Link

However, they also say their primary goals include getting an independent commission established for the Russia investigations, keeping the public as informed as possible and getting Congress to demand that Trump release his tax returns.

And sponsors include such liberal-leaning groups as Swing Left, Progressive Democrats of America and the National Organization for Women.

“Eventually, you wake up with a knot in your gut about what the president might do or say,” John Lovett, who was a speechwriter for former President Barack Obama, said at the Washington, D.C., rally. “We can take back the White House.”

NOW President Terry O’Neill told protestors: “The Trump administration is going after immigrants, and we won’t stand for it. I am up against implacable efforts to stop women from having access to health care.”

It's like they haven't even read anything as far as policy that has been done.

The ignorance is absolutely MIND BLOWING with this crazed Russia thing.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

its really stupid man

the protesting of every little thing i mean

it is quite annoying actually

i know there have always been protests but it seems the past 5 years or maybe the past 10 or so it seems like there is always something going on.
does it ever make a difference?
i honestly dont know

maybe i am just a scumbag cause there are plenty of things i feel against but i sure cant be bothered to give up my time and go act like a dick with a sign because of it.

i have a hard job and i work hard all week.
when i am not at work i just want to relax and enjoy my family time and not be bothered. and that includes not being bothered to bother

i dont get it

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

So this is stupid, " I am up against implacable efforts to stop women from having access to health care.” But calling Obama a Muslim is not?

Just respond by saying, "Obama IS a Muslim" and I will shut up.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

So this is stupid, " I am up against implacable efforts to stop women from having access to health care.” But calling Obama a Muslim is not?

what are you talking about?

what is stupid is the constant protesting

i said that in the second line of my post

i guess i will put you in the category of people that dont read the posts before they comment

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Obama ISIS a Muslim.
*Sigh*

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

its really stupid man

the protesting of every little thing i mean

it is quite annoying actually

i know there have always been protests but it seems the past 5 years or maybe the past 10 or so it seems like there is always something going on.
does it ever make a difference?
i honestly dont know

maybe i am just a scumbag cause there are plenty of things i feel against but i sure cant be bothered to give up my time and go act like a dick with a sign because of it.

i have a hard job and i work hard all week.
when i am not at work i just want to relax and enjoy my family time and not be bothered. and that includes not being bothered to bother

i dont get it

I do not get it at all. So many people are just feeding into the ignorant masses at such a profound rate I am having a hard time keeping up.

Between those in college that are walking out of speeches or segregating themselves to this rally....I am really dumbfounded.

Do people really have nothing better to do than feed a narrative that has, as of yet, produced nothing. Even those investigating have said as much.

Hell....I am moving into a new house right now and we have painters and demo going on. Had a dude drive up my driveway today...and it is a very long driveway....get out in full on Ossoff gear with a vet in the same gear and walk up to say hello. I was nothing but pleasant. I said hello, shook their hands, etc. Dude had the gall to ask if I knew I could vote today, then asked if I was registered in my county.

I told him yes, and I already voted. He asked if I voted for Ossoff...and I told him no.

He then asked if I had ever been to a country where people couldn't vote. I said yes, a few. Then I named them to be cordial.

He then said he was glad we could have a non confrontational talk....

I looked at him and said I am more than happy to have a non confrontational talk at my house, in my driveway which you drove up, hopped out and proceeded to speak to me. He responded with the statement that he didn't want any confrontation and he would leave now.

So let me ask anyone here....someone drives up the driveway to your house, and mine is around 500 feet long uphill, they hop out to talk politics. They then say they are happy it was not confrontational. Does that imply to anyone else that they expected confrontation? Does that imply to anyone else that I should have even cared they drove up?

People like that annoy the crap out of me. They are solely there to cheerlead a candidate. I swear it is worse than Jehovas witnesses in GA right now. The DNC is hard core scrambling to pick up any Senate seat they can....and it is sad to listen to the BS they try to rope you in with.

I wanted to ask the vet with him if he had ever even met Ossoff, and why he supported him since he doesn't even live in GA....but I didn't out of respect.

So tired of stupid....

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
These "organizers" (community or otherwise) create hype, anger, resentment, false narratives to stir people up.

Take the "women's health" issue. It stirs up stupid women (how else can I say it?)...okay...uninformed, and easily manipulated. Celebrities, female politicians, pandering male politicians get the gullible worked up and hating. Each has his/her reasons for doing it.

Then, they ask for $$$$$$ to support the "cause". This is how they raise money to support themselves. Somebody is getting paid with donations to a cause or by taxpayers forking over money for some redundant investigation.

These organizers don't make or produce anything. They make their living off taxpayers, donors, and contributors to a cause that they promise to advance. Then they write a book.
edit on 3-6-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

that sucks man

it implies to me the dude was ready to be confrontational and be a dick to you on your own property had you not responded in the 'proper' way

implies to me that not only did he expect it, he wanted it and its bull#

see thats bull#

you should not roll up on people on their property like that...people you dont even know and then start asking them questions about their politics.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
i just dont believe in getting in peoples # for their beliefs. not until they start harming me or getting in my # do i get 'offended' and feel like i have to defend.

these sjw people as they call them.

i see them drive or walk past a house or a person with a trump sign and they start flipping out and acting like a total asshole. i am not cool with that.

i really cant stand trump but that is my opinion for my own reasons. i speak them here because it is anonymous and it really does not effect anybodies daily life.

i am not friends with any of my neighbors(except for the 75 year old lady across the street my daughter likes to hang with) but i am friendly. you know the casual wave.
so when the election time rolled around there was a lot of trump signs. far more than hillary.
my wife and daughter and i would go for walks. we always do. pass people in their yards. people with the trump signs.

they would wave to us. we would wave to them. my daughter would pet their dog. # like that.

never once did i even think about causing a scene or being a dick to them cause of their pro trump feelings.
never once did i have the attitude of i dont like them now cause they are a trump supporter and i will not wave to them

i just dont get those attitudes.

it bothers me cause i wind up getting lumped in with that crowd cause i am vocally against trump on here.

i just dont see being a dick to a person cause their personal beliefs. i dont like most people cause they are people.
nothing to do with color or political views or religious views.

there are dudes at work that i really dont care for and it sure is not cause their political views

i dont get the me me me # and the protest protest protest game.

just not into it

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

We could be neighbors and get along just fine.
I like the way you think.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

We could be neighbors and get along just fine.
I like the way you think.

right on man

i come off pretty abrasive here i guess but this is my outlet. i dont really socialize with people outside of work save for a choice couple people and it is not often.
i just dont want to be bothered in my life

i dont care what my neighbors do or what their beliefs are as long as it does not cause problems in my life.
believe what you want. fly your flags. feel how you feel just dont # with me about what i believe you know...

of course i have ideals and values and opinions. i dont go around telling people about them and getting in their face cause their beliefs dont line up with mine....thats bull# when people do that...

i see these videos of people accosting other people for a shirt they have on or a sign in their yard...it is pure insanity.
i would never dream of doing that

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I do not get it at all. So many people are just feeding into the ignorant masses at such a profound rate I am having a hard time keeping up.

It makes perfect sense, when the DNC's action item list has "Appeal to Identity driven Social Contagion Effect" filled in on every line all the way down the page.

The Contagion Phenomenon
Two centuries ago, a wave of suicides swept across Europe as if the very act of suicide was somehow infectious. Shortly before their untimely deaths, many of the suicide victims had come into contact with Johann von Goethe's tragic tale "The Sorrows of Young Werther," in which the hero, Werther, himself commits suicide. In an attempt to stem what was seen as a rising tide of imitative suicides, anxious authorities banned the book in several regions in Europe (Phillips 1974, Marsden 1998).

During the two hundred years that have followed the publication and subsequent censorship of Goethe’s novel, social scientific research has largely confirmed the thesis that affect, attitudes, beliefs and behaviour can indeed spread through populations as if they were somehow infectious. Simple exposure sometimes appears to be a sufficient condition for social transmission to occur. This is the social contagion thesis; that sociocultural phenomena can spread through, and leap between, populations more like outbreaks of measles or chicken pox than through a process of rational choice.

The term contagion (ken­tâ-jen) itself has its roots in the Latin word contagio, and quite literally means "from touch". Contagion therefore refers to a process of transmission by touch or contact. The Microsoft Dictionary (Microsoft 1997) defines contagion as the

"transmission of a disease by direct contact with an infected person or object; a disease or poison transmitted in this way; the means of transmission; the transmission of an emotional state, e.g. excitement; a harmful influence."

From this definition, contagion refers to 1) the social transmission, by contact, of biological disease, and 2) the social transmission, by contact, of sociocultural artefacts or states.

The contagion concept first became popular as both a descriptive and explanatory device for social, as opposed to biological, phenomena in the late 19th century France, notably through the work of James Mark Baldwin (1894), Gabriel Tarde (1903) and Gustave Le Bon (1895). Empirical research into the phenomenon did not, however, begin until the 1950s. This more recent research has unequivocally established the fact of the social contagion phenomenon, and has identified its operation in a number of areas of social life. The implications of this social contagion research are radical: The evidence suggests that under certain circumstances, mere 'touch' or 'contact' with culture appears to be a sufficient condition for social transmission to occur.
Despite this promising start, social contagion research has evolved into a field that is now unorganised, disparate and incoherent, lacking both an organising principle and a conceptual framework (Levy and Nail 1993).

EDIT: Had to fix that opening typo.
edit on 3-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

When you believe you are "fighting the good fight", it all makes sense. Toss in a metric ton of money and a few professional agitators and it's off to the races.

My personal ax to grind is the mind set that readily accepts the hysteria. It's like they totally skip thinking and asking questions. Nope, it's straight to frothing at the mouth.

To be fair, you see a lot of that historically. Maybe that's just how most people are today and in the past. No need for a bullet proof argument. Just get those predisposed to the crazies worked up enough and you start developing societal leverage.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

When you believe you are "fighting the good fight", it all makes sense. Toss in a metric ton of money and a few professional agitators and it's off to the races.

My personal ax to grind is the mind set that readily accepts the hysteria. It's like they totally skip thinking and asking questions. Nope, it's straight to frothing at the mouth.

To be fair, you see a lot of that historically. Maybe that's just how most people are today and in the past. No need for a bullet proof argument. Just get those predisposed to the crazies worked up enough and you start developing societal leverage.

Amen.

new topics

top topics

join