It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Face of China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I have mix feelings about this system. It looks like a more modern form of selling your soul to the company store and paying for the opportunity to do so.

I understand that this may be the only decent option for many of these people, but it has the eerie feel of a modern day concentration camp. Of course, when I consider the options, it surely beats living in poverty and staving to death.

I think for the people that live in this area it is an easy social fit. I don’t think it would work as smoothly here in America for a huge variety of reasons.

It is a long video, about an hour, and will probably not be of interest to most, but for those that wonder what life is like outside of our world, I think this gives us a small peek inside of life on the other side of the fence.

Most Americans have difficulty understanding why people outside of their own backyards are so different, this video may help a little with the understanding.

While I don’t think this lifestyle is necessarily a bad one. I don’t think it would be a good fit for me. But living in the woods, maneuvering dirt roads, and working out in the yard, isn’t a good fit for many people either. So, diversity does come with some benefits.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

China is a communist country. I went to Beijing in 2003 for business. It's so completely different than the US. In China, companies share trade secrets. Companies do not try to build a brand identity. Everything in China is about maximum employment. Labor is the most important consideration in every decision. Not profit.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

It's just a matter of time until those workers are replaced by robots.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

If America did this, everyone would be instant slave and living in harsh condition right away with no robots. Robots would be used as security to hunt down people running away from their jobs.

All hail the new Chinese robot overlord!

edit on 3-6-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

They spoke to that issue. Robots in this situation would not be a better cost option. The people would still need to be managed and cared for. They really are killing a few stones at one time with this system.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

If America did this, everyone would be instant slave and living in harsh condition right away with no robots. Robots would be used as security to hunt down people running away from their jobs.

A system like this requires a completely different mind set. A mind set completely different from the American mind set.

These people are regimented and highly disciplined from birth. That is is the only reason why it works.

new topics

top topics

join