It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quicktime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Here's another problem, I once got a Pop Up Blocker but after a few weeks of using it I couldn't use my Quicktime for apple trailers anymore.

I have since disabled the Pop Up program but I still can't watch trailers on Quicktime. When you normally watch one your box goes white and then the timer bar appears underneath it and you wait for it to load.
With me the box just goes white and it stays like that.

I have tried re-downloading Quicktime about 20 times and it is definately nothing to do with the actual program I've got.

Has anyone got any ideas? Thanks.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Quicktime is a load of....... i tried playing a movie on quick time and it took bloody ages for the movie to start.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 06:02 AM
link   
try uninstalling everything Quicktime. reboot, reinstall it from scratch. there could be some old registry settings not being removed/rewritten.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Quicktime is gonna be Awesome with the new pixlet codec.....oh wait, you guys don't have macs.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I installed Quicktime a while ago, and I cant get it to work yet!

blackwidow

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Sorry Twisted, I didn't realise this was a Mac recruitment forum.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
What machine are you running quicktime on, and what version of quicktime is installed?

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Overall... QuickTime is the most reliable, efficient, stable video distribution format. It is the oldest format around, and has had the most development dollars devoted to getting things right. It's also the only current format that supports a broad range of open standards.

However, much of that development effort has been aimed at giving QuickTime video authors diverse tools for managing the details of how a video plays on computer systems. As a result, inexperienced authors can end up making videos that don't run well, crash browsers, or worse. So when things go wrong... don't blame the format, blame the author.

That being said... your original problem is probably due to some installed software (likely also the cause of your pop-up problem) has changed your computer's default settings for playing video. An easy thing to do on Windows machines unfortunately.

Also, on Windows, a multitude of subtle details like how many apps are open, how long your computer has been up, the current sunspot cycle, etc. will have an influence on QT performance.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwistedVertex
What machine are you running quicktime on, and what version of quicktime is installed?

It's a PC (Packard Bell) and the Quicktime is the latest version (I think version 6)

new topics

top topics

join