It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refuge status offered to Trump haters

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:
(post by PRSpinster removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

You see this everywhere but the topic is the Paris Climate agreement. A bunch of countries who don't curb pollution want other countries to fund them to curb pollution.

That's where you've lost me. Thing is, the countries set their agenda on their own (no sh!t!). And the only thing preventing gubbermints to break the deal is... nothing at all.

Including the USA. Trump didn't have to withdrawl, he wasn't bound by congress to pay anything or do anything.

So what this was ...was political pandering to climate deniers ...with the only real impact being screwing over every company from Exxon to Tesla, who will have a much harder time signing deals internationally, if they are given a seat at the table at all..while massively benefiting Russia and China who are gleefully filling the void right now.

Bunch of fricken snowflakes...

Yes...Trumpites definitely are that. Pure emotion...all fear and anger...the most easily triggered political party on the planet.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

You see this everywhere but the topic is the Paris Climate agreement. A bunch of countries who don't curb pollution want other countries to fund them to curb pollution.

That's where you've lost me. Thing is, the countries set their agenda on their own (no sh!t!). And the only thing preventing gubbermints to break the deal is... nothing at all.

Including the USA. Trump didn't have to withdrawl, he wasn't bound by congress to pay anything or do anything.

So what this was ...was political pandering to climate deniers ...with the only real impact being screwing over every company from Exxon to Tesla, who will have a much harder time signing deals internationally, if they are given a seat at the table at all..while massively benefiting Russia and China who are gleefully filling the void right now.

Yes...Trumpites definitely are that. Pure emotion...all fear and anger...the most easily triggered political party on the planet.

Publicly repudiating Obama's failures is a good step.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I've talked with many, thank you. The reasons are as myriad as they are. There is no one overriding reason, other than this place is better than that place.

But I was not referencing those wanting to come here. I was talking of those Americans who may want to take the French president up on his kindly offer...

Your comment was in response to a post citing sanctuary cities..

I'd never be so bold, or stupid, as to say, or even think, that the only reason people come here is to get free stuff. I may be shallow, but I ain't that shallow. I'm not David Dukes.

Thanks for clearing it up.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: PRSpinster

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

This is why it's useless to try and reason with liberal brats.

Send us a postcard when you get to France.

peace

edit on Mon Jun 5 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Publicly repudiating Obama's failures is a good step.

Grading on a curve, President Trump has skewed the scale where Obama's miss-steps look like perfect genius.

It is amazing to see such an utter failure of a human being sit in the Oval Office..

It is "unprecedented"..

If he somehow manages to not get impeached, despite a historic tri-fecta of power in DC, he will be forever remembered in US history as the worst President ever. Trump has a gift for saying and doing the wrong thing at every turn.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
We've always had a love/hate relationship with France. A couple of thoughts.

Before we get consumed with "French Hate" consider...

France is a pretty cool country with some amazing history and culture in the heart of Europe.
Without France the USA would still be under British Rule. Let's not forget what they did for us in the Revolutionary war. And one of our biggest American Icons of Freedom is a gift from the French..The Statue of Liberty.

I wonder what the exact requirements and benefits of moving to France would be under this Refugee status. Not planning on moving, it's a nice invite, but I'm sure it's a lot harder than it appears. I would say it's near impossible unless you have a work Visa, job lined up and a skill that appears on a shortage list.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

None of what you have thrown out here changes the fact that France has opened its doors to intellectuals, academics and scientists whose work is being constrained by a government that bows to Wall Street.
It's a free country, people can leave if they want. France is continuing it's agenda of open borders? How's that working out for them, do they still have martial law declared Johny?

And another thing, tell me someone, how is the scientific work being constrained?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Glad I could help you out.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Glad I could help you out.

As long as we are clarifying stuff..."David Dukes"...sounds like shorts David Hasselhoff might have worn on a guest appearance beside Daisy on Dukes of Hazzard.

David "Duke" is the moron who thinks being White makes him special.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

That would be him. I had the misfortune of attending a talk, if you can call a rant, a talk. This was before he decided to get all respectable and make a run for Congress--I can't recall right off the top of my head which state it was...

...and that David Hasselhoff image is not one that I need inside my head...thanks for that...

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

You'll be talking out your backside when all the smart people leave, and America ends up looking like Idiocracy on steroids -with pollution that will make China look like a pristine glass palace.

Naa, the real scientists, and really intelligent people will stay here. Those whom have been brainwashed to no end "that mankind is at fault for everything" can join their brethen in France. They can go enjoy the "no-go zones", and the constant rioting.

Of course, you all should put your money on creating a bio-dome all around Europe to stop any CO2 from entering France and whatever other European nation that wants it. Then you can harvest all of that "evil CO2" from the bio-dome atmosphere... Then you can watch as your harvests die, then animal life dies, and then mankind will follow... Then the rest of the world will watch on live tv as the last of the AGW fanatics screams before he/she dies from starvation...."it's all the fault of mankind and CO2 coughh...aaaagh..."

edit on 5-6-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

...and that David Hasselhoff image is not one that I need inside my head...thanks for that...

Assuming you are as old as I?..just remember the etymology of "Daisy Dukes" and that imagery should cleanse the visual pallet.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Would love to see a list of people whom finally put their money where their mouth is perse and partake on this journey. As many here have stated sharia law isn't so bad, so here is your free door

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

First...I'm not a climate denier. In fact, I consider that an intolerant term used by the left in a weak attempt to make people with differing opinions seem unwilling to consider facts. Second...the climate is a fact. It is a thing that changes over years, decades, eons, etc. It will get warmer, it will get colder and it will do all kinds of other things. Do you know how I know that is a fact? Because it always has.

So...I believe in climate change along with virtually every other "denier" as you like to call us...even though we don't deny it. What YOU don't like is that the THEORY (yes...it is a theory not a fact) of man-made climate change is significant and/or can be changed. I don't believe that man-made climate change is significant. I also don't believe in YOUR "Trojan Horse".

You see, YOU and your kind have an agenda to break America, redistribute wealth globally and force the people into political and financial slavery. You want us to shut-up, allow you to rule and stifle our views. That alone makes you evil.
You demand the wealthy pay for the poor...that America pay for India (for example). That has been your agenda and your "climate change" is a means to an end. So...what I do deny is giving the left trillions of American dollars to spread around the world, hurting the American people in your lie to destroy America, prop up the losers and punish the successful.

Finally...you are part of a group of proven, unquestionable liars. You cheat your own (Bernie Sanders), you eat your own (Hillary Clinton) and you pray to your liberal religion. Typically, I simply consider whatever you say to be worthless and suspect. So when an intelligent person puts all this together...liars...theories...agendas...theft...higher taxes...more government...etc., I have only one thing to say.

MANBEARPIG! GO TRUMP!!!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I think I might take him up on his offer. I've always wanted to visit France.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: scolai
I think I might take him up on his offer. I've always wanted to visit France.

Well, if you've got the goods, here ya go!
France is offering US scientists 4-year grants to move to the country and do research
Bon Voyage!

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

First...I'm not a climate denier. In fact, I consider that an intolerant term used by the left in a weak attempt to make people with differing opinions seem unwilling to consider facts. Second...the climate is a fact. It is a thing that changes over years, decades, eons, etc. It will get warmer, it will get colder and it will do all kinds of other things. Do you know how I know that is a fact? Because it always has.

So...I believe in climate change along with virtually every other "denier" as you like to call us...even though we don't deny it. What YOU don't like is that the THEORY (yes...it is a theory not a fact) of man-made climate change is significant and/or can be changed. I don't believe that man-made climate change is significant. I also don't believe in YOUR "Trojan Horse".

You see, YOU and your kind have an agenda to break America, redistribute wealth globally and force the people into political and financial slavery. You want us to shut-up, allow you to rule and stifle our views. That alone makes you evil.
You demand the wealthy pay for the poor...that America pay for India (for example). That has been your agenda and your "climate change" is a means to an end. So...what I do deny is giving the left trillions of American dollars to spread around the world, hurting the American people in your lie to destroy America, prop up the losers and punish the successful.

Finally...you are part of a group of proven, unquestionable liars. You cheat your own (Bernie Sanders), you eat your own (Hillary Clinton) and you pray to your liberal religion. Typically, I simply consider whatever you say to be worthless and suspect. So when an intelligent person puts all this together...liars...theories...agendas...theft...higher taxes...more government...etc., I have only one thing to say.

MANBEARPIG! GO TRUMP!!!!!

MAGA

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
After years of watching all the France bashing coming from Americans and trying to figure out what the criticisms are exactly, I have finally come to the conclusion that what is going on is ... jealousy. Jealousy towards a lifestyle that is extremely desirable yet seems impossible to the average american.

But back on the topic, no mention of refugee status has been made.
No mention of Trump haters was made either - those were click bait. They gotcha.

In Europe, the subject of Climate change is not swallowed up by questions of whether or not it is human caused - it doesn't matter. The general thinking is that part of our problems are human caused, part just natural cycles.

That seems irrelevant to the idea of wanting to live in a cleaner safer environment, developing technologies that are sustainable, cheaper, cleaner. In many cases, giving more power to the people to be self sufficient (look at how solar power is making it possible...).

Macron just invited researchers, scientists, and engineers to come take part in research and development in this area if that is what interests them. If they find the crazy polarization and controversy over there is becoming an obstacle to their research goals. That's all.

Don't you guys ever tire of hyperbole?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
After years of watching all the France bashing coming from Americans and trying to figure out what the criticisms are exactly, I have finally come to the conclusion that what is going on is ... jealousy. Jealousy towards a lifestyle that is extremely desirable yet seems impossible to the average american.
Don't you guys ever tire of hyperbole?
It is an indication of the decline of American exceptionalism. Call it 'butthurt'.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join