It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refuge status offered to Trump haters

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Good luck with that, Darth Mason.

We shall defend our country, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

With apologies to W. Churchill...

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: DBCowboy

To all scientists, engineers, entrepreneurs, responsible citizens who were disappointed by the decision of the president of the United States

So only the ones they want or can the homeless go get sanctuary too?

No, we're the ones who have to take the dregs because France gave us that statue that says so.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Good luck with that, Darth Mason.

Just think, the trains would run on time and there would be a seemingly endless supply of meat.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yearning to be free is there, as well...

They don't yearn to be free, they yearn to get free stuff. Big ol' difference to my mind.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

They don't yearn to be free, they yearn to get free stuff. Big ol' difference to my mind.

Yes, but it's racist to point that out.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I just wish the Bahamas offered refugee status for elderly, fat, yet still sexy, smart-asses.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I just wish the Bahamas offered refugee status for elderly, fat, yet still sexy, smart-asses.

I thought Costa Rica was all the rage for the retirement set?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I want to be a refugee because free stuff.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Good God, what a piece of work. Can't we just put the sexy elderly back in action before they find a refuge in the internetz?

How about... free stuff? Beer and bacon bombs maybe?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I guess you haven't spoken to many refugees, have you? Asked them why they left their homelands and their families behind? Typical attitude that everybody wants to go to America for free stuff, not even considering that people might have rich lives within their own cultures. Go to a refugee centre and wise yourself up. Right now, your misinformed and chauvinistic chatter is just sad.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Why didn't he invite poor people and homeless people?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

I'm going to let you read the thread, so that you can answer that for yourself.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I've talked with many, thank you. The reasons are as myriad as they are. There is no one overriding reason, other than this place is better than that place.

But I was not referencing those wanting to come here. I was talking of those Americans who may want to take the French president up on his kindly offer...

But now that you mention it...

Let's see... You've got me thinking about just where the refugees I know are from, 'course most aren't refugees any more, they're citizens paying taxes and such.

Anyway...

Guatemala. Nicaragua. Cuba. Mexico (does that count?). Russia. Yemen. Egypt. Libya. Eritria. Somalia. China. Burma. Vietnam. Cambodia. Chile. The list is rather extensive...

The one common thread in all of them is this. This place, the United States, is better than the place, see above, they came from...and they're willing to work hard to make sure it stays that way. The same can not, however, be said for many who were born in this country. Spoiled children...regardless of age. So if they want to go to France to be refugees, because of Trump, and his actions? Good riddance. I'll stay here, work with my friends from other places who've found new homes and hope here, in my country, and hopefully make it a better place so that someday those "refugees" can come home.

At least four are business owners making comfortable livings. A food truck. Cleaning service. Restaurant owner (best roasted chicken you'll ever eat...). Contractor.

The rest are all professional of one sort or another.

I'd never be so bold, or stupid, as to say, or even think, that the only reason people come here is to get free stuff. I may be shallow, but I ain't that shallow. I'm not David Dukes.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Oh, a Soylent Green reference...

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Aren't you one of the ones who constantly crows about his free health care?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I'd never be so bold, or stupid, as to say, or even think, that the only reason people come here is to get free stuff. I may be shallow, but I ain't that shallow. I'm not David Dukes.

I'm sorry, it must gave been your statement: "They don't yearn to be free, they yearn to get free stuff. Big ol' difference to my mind. " that had me confused.

France is offering smart Americans an environment in which they can flourish even as they are being marginalised in Trump's America. They are being offered intellectual 'refuge'. They are not being invited to apply as refugees. Sheesh...read his original statement.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

So it's "smart" to waste trillions on a plan that will have a .2 degree effect?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Aren't you one of the ones who constantly crows about his free health care?
I make sure to state it isn't free, but yes, I throw it out there so that Americans are aware they're being screwed in their health care.
And that has approximately what to do with the topic at hand?

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

So it's "smart" to waste trillions on a plan that will have a .2 degree effect?
Depends whose math matches up matches up with your ideology?
edit on 4-6-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Right.

Refuge. Refugee. A refugee is one headed for a refuge, yes?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

edit on 4-6-2017 by kaylaluv because: oops

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join