It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refuge status offered to Trump haters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

You should go for sure

You will be surrounded by your brothers and sisters of different religion; maybe then you will realize how bad the situation really is. Plus, just be careful and try to avoid one of the many potential terrorist attacks in France, because they are inevitable

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: kaylaluv

Can I ask you a question?

In your opinion, what are some of the main causes of climate change?

I am not a scientist, so I can only tell you what most mainstream climate scientists say (the smart guys).

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 3-6-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: TinySickTears

You should go for sure

You will be surrounded by your brothers and sisters of different religion; maybe then you will realize how bad the situation really is. Plus, just be careful and try to avoid one of the many potential terrorist attacks in France, because they are inevitable

like i said i doubt it will ever happen. ive been in the thinking about it phase for a long time. doubt it will ever get past that. hard to uproot the family.

in france you risk getting blown up of you go to a concert
in the states you risk getting machine gunned at a theater or hacked up in an uber

i dont think anywhere is totally safe

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It seemed to me he was speaking of people who want to invest themselves in things like renewable energy (not "leftists", and not with refuge status). Perhaps I missed something? I'll look again. He's already made a speech about that before Trumps decision. France is very invested in exploring new technology that is more respectful of the environment and has been for a while. Many of the kids in engineering school are being guided towards such research and development.

I guess it seems expected that he would extend that invitation to people in other lands also interested in such research and innovation, especially if they live in countries where there is not going to be much opportunity for that.

I don't see why it would bother any Trump supporters if some left. It's a win-win situation!

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Brilliant... All the cucks and feminazis can live in the utter sh** hole that is now France.. led by the one cuck to rule them all.

edit on 3/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

So in other words, you know no more than what the 'mainstream' smart guys tell you?

The word mainstream should already be a red flag.

What if I told you that if you eat and support meat, you are worst to the environment than EVERY other "problem" combined? (Cars, fossil fuels, coal, etc etc.)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

originally posted by: DBCowboy

“To all scientists, engineers, entrepreneurs, responsible citizens who were disappointed by the decision of the president of the United States, I want to say that they will find in France a second homeland. I call them: Come and work here, with us, to work together on concrete solutions for our climate, our environment. I can assure you, France will not give up the fight.”

You'll be talking out your backside when all the smart people leave, and America ends up looking like Idiocracy on steroids -with pollution that will make China look like a pristine glass palace.

If any leave the country over the Paris Accord, they'll establish themselves as below average.

I wonder if Macron knows he appealed only to the baser sort.

Really? I could see Elon Musk doing it. He's pissed at Trump pulling out of the Climate Agreement. He's a pretty smart guy. His net worth is 16 billion. I don't think that qualifies as below average.

Money has never been a sign of high intellect. Elon isn't stupid, but obviously the accord was a benefit to himself somehow. Anyone with any sense knows that some global pinky promise isn't going to end climate change. The kind of people that believe that aren't the ones in the accord - they're the ones who are dumb enough to believe the ones that glorify it.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I am not a scientist, so I can only tell you what most mainstream climate scientists say (the smart guys).

en.wikipedia.org...

And this post proves my previous one.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

What if I told you that if you eat and support meat, you are worst to the environment than EVERY other "problem" combined? (Cars, fossil fuels, coal, etc etc.)

I would agree with you and tell you that I haven't purchased/eaten meat in 30 years. Doesn't mean we can't make a difference in greenhouse gases by working on all those other things as well.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

And this post proves my previous one.

Just because I'm not a scientist and haven't done the research myself doesn't mean I'm stupid. At least I'm smart enough to know who the smart guys are.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Oh I apologize then. You're doing more than most of us.

The point I'm trying to make is, all of the 'mainstream' focus on every other problem and ignore the biggest one. If they truly cared about the climate, don't you think they would focus on the biggest issue? Instead they ignore it and over sensationalize the other issues that are a tiny problem in contrast to animal agriculture. < Again, bigger problem than all the other issues combined.

Makes you wonder about their agenda. This is the 'hoax' Trump is talking about.
edit on 3-6-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Has this been posted?

edit on 3-6-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Paris is a #hole full of terrorists and rude Parisians.

South of France however is nice.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Does France just give anyone refugee status for any reason?
A refugee is:

a person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster
None of which apply to these leftist idiots that would actually take France up on this offer. The only thing they suffer from is T(ar)DS(Trump Derangement Syndrome).

Me thinks this is an attempt by France to bring in people with similar cultural ideals to offset the current cultural enrichment programs(ie terrorist attacks) the other refugees are offering.
More like lambs to slaughter if you ask me.
I say good riddance!
Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

“To all scientists, engineers, entrepreneurs, responsible citizens who were disappointed by the decision of the president of the United States, I want to say that they will find in France a second homeland. I call them: Come and work here, with us, to work together on concrete solutions for our climate, our environment. I can assure you, France will not give up the fight.”

You'll be talking out your backside when all the smart people leave, and America ends up looking like Idiocracy on steroids -with pollution that will make China look like a pristine glass palace.

If any leave the country over the Paris Accord, they'll establish themselves as below average.

I wonder if Macron knows he appealed only to the baser sort.

Really? I could see Elon Musk doing it. He's pissed at Trump pulling out of the Climate Agreement. He's a pretty smart guy. His net worth is 16 billion. I don't think that qualifies as below average.

Somehow, I don't see Elon Musk leaving. He relies *a lot* on US government subsidies for those billions he has.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Someone looks triggered. Did you just call the disappointed folks "Trump-hater"? Yeah, you did.

Hmmm. Kinda telling, dontyathink?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Imagine how much in taxpayer funds will flow back into everyones bank accounts once France takes all the unemployable Americans between the ages of 18-35 that are currently leeching off government free sh!t.

To be fair, those people are mostly leeching off their parents.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Paris is a #hole full of terrorists and rude Parisians.

South of France however is nice.

So, except for the weather, is Normandy.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Be preapred to pay more and bring home much less.

But I wish you luck in France!

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Imagine how much in taxpayer funds will flow back into everyones bank accounts once France takes all the unemployable Americans between the ages of 18-35 that are currently leeching off government free sh!t.

You'll all have more money to buy more burgers, so you'll get fatter if they leave.

Fat and happy - that's what Americans will be.

That's all pretty glib, but unless I'm mistaken, the French are not using the term 'refugee', nor are they appealing to Trump-haters. They are offering the technocrats and creative class a home where they are welcome and valued. Much the same way that Canadian scientists offered to store climate-change research as it was disappearing from American government websites. France will emerge the winner in this exchange, and it is so ironic how many Americans are too stupid to recognise the fact. Good luck with the brain-drain, y'all!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join