It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Maher Uses Racial Slur on ‘Real Time’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Bill Maher is just like Kathy Griffin, only he has a nicer ass.

But he has a right to say whatever he wants.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Now a days, with the media actions lately I expect that much.

What does the media have to do with it? They are only reporting on what has taken place and how people are reacting to it.
Same goes for Griffin.

Blaming the media for the actions of others is lazy.

I like him, hell I used to like Kathy Griffin, I don't get it, how much things have changed. Going from funny sane to nasty extreme.

Using the 'n' word in an attempt at humor is not a nasty extreme, not new and not much has changed.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Mon I find no offens with dis words. Words are jus words, same as whites with craker I think it's a silly notion making so much deal of nothing.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Looking for a fight as usual, keep on going, I withdraw, will not longer address you again.

Beside that I still like Bill, Griffin she just became nasty.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: marg6043

He will be fired, the next victim in the comedy saga that has become the news media.

Now a days, liberals rule the news outlets and anybody else is expendable, control the information outlets and you control public opinion.

He will not be fired, nor should he be.

I'm sure there is a Social Justice Warrior out there somewhere who is driving for his dismissal due to the hurt feelings that must exist somewhere. This is one time, white people will kind of turn away and kick rocks until this passes for fear of making the same mistake. I remember backlash over John Maher (singer) saying he had a ghetto pass and that blowing up on him. But I agree with you on this. I don't really think he's funny, but obviously some do.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Now a days, with the media actions lately I expect that much.

What does the media have to do with it? They are only reporting on what has taken place and how people are reacting to it.
Same goes for Griffin.

Blaming the media for the actions of others is lazy.

I like him, hell I used to like Kathy Griffin, I don't get it, how much things have changed. Going from funny sane to nasty extreme.

Using the 'n' word in an attempt at humor is not a nasty extreme, not new and not much has changed.

The media reports things and then offers you direction on how it's supposed to make you feel. If you don't grasp that at this point, they have already gotten control of your mind. You should be turning into a pod soon and your alien replacement will grow out of the shell.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: introvert

Looking for a fight as usual, keep on going, I withdraw, will not longer address you again.

Beside that I still like Bill, Griffin she just became nasty.

Only looking for a discussion. Just because I may disagree with you does not mean it's a fight.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'm sure there is a Social Justice Warrior out there somewhere who is driving for his dismissal due to the hurt feelings that must exist somewhere.

No doubt. Some people are bound to get pissed, regardless of the topic and who said what. Oh well.

Nothing we can do about that.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The media reports things and then offers you direction on how it's supposed to make you feel

I can't remember the last time the media told me how I should feel about what they are reporting. They may report how others are reacting to the news or they may give us their opinion on how they feel, but I've never been told how I should feel.

Perhaps I missed it. Don't pay much attention to the media's opinions.

If you don't grasp that at this point, they have already gotten control of your mind. You should be turning into a pod soon and your alien replacement will grow out of the shell.

If that were true and they have control of my mind, shouldn't I be outraged at what Maher said?

But I'm not...

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It's very encouraging to see a broad consensus on both the left and the right that this is no big deal.

It's important to understand context when assessing people's words.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Let's not kid ourselves, Bill Mahar is classic racist, or at least a hardcore identity politician. He brings up race, points out someone's race, and his mind goes to race very frequently. Watch how quickly his mind thinks "slaves" once he hears the words "work in the fields". It's automatic, and this is just a manifestation of it.
edit on 3-6-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

If that were true and they have control of my mind, shouldn't I be outraged at what Maher said?

But I'm not...

You just said, you didn't watch the news, so their magic wont work on you.

Seriously, watch the news, listen to the tone used to tell a story, and then see how the anchors banter about it to subtly drive home their narrative. I have special glasses, so they can't get into my mind, so I'd caution you to limit your exposure.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I'll wait and see what Cornell West has to say about the comment.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hahaha, you like Mahers' ass!

Rock on Cowboy...

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I watched the show last night,and didn't give it 2 thoughts until the media started blowing it up this morning..

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Griffin she just became nasty

She's spineless. I thought she was exercising her right to be an edgy over the top "Nasty Woman" like Ashley Judd but now she's all crying/calling people bullies, what happened to all that tough, nasty girl outrage?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Bill Maher is about to have a Boondocks moment.
His problem was in the pronunciation.
You end it with an A not an ER then you are safe.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

He drives the SJW's nuts over here.

Causing SJW's to get their panties in a wedgie comes with the territory of dark humor + politics.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: greydaze
I watched the show last night,and didn't give it 2 thoughts until the media started blowing it up this morning..

thats how i felt about kathy and the head

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Could care less.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join