It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin quotables from SPIEF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Link

When asked about a 'secret deal' with the Russian ambassador and the US

"My answer is – no!... No talks had even started," the president told the forum, adding that he was surprised with all the fuss surrounding the work of the Russian diplomat in the US and calling anti-Moscow allegations"delirious."

"It's not even clear where all the people spreading such information come from... So, the ambassador meets someone. And what is an ambassador supposed to do? It's his job, he's being paid for that. He must be meeting people, discussing pending issues, making agreements. What else is he supposed to do there? Visit some venues that would then see him fired?" Putin wondered.

When asked about Trump pulling out of the Paris climate deal

"By the way, we should be thankful to President Trump. I've heard it has been snowing in Moscow today, and here it's raining, and terribly cold. Now we can blame it all on him and on American imperialism, hold them accountable," Putin said. "But we will not do that," he added, smiling.

"[Trump] is not refusing to work on the issue, as far as I know... The [Paris] agreement will come into effect in 2021. So we still have time, and if we all work constructively, we can agree on something," the Russian leader said, then switched to English and added tunefully: "Don't worry, be happy."

His thoughts on Russia being blamed for everything

"It's easier to say that it's not our [US Democrats'] fault, but Russians' fault, say that they interfered with the elections... It reminds me of anti-Semitism, when everything is Jews' fault. Someone is a mutt, can't do a thing, but the Jews are to be blamed. But we know where such an attitude leads to, it never ends well," Putin said.

When asked again about the Russian ambassador

Putin reacted quite emotionally, saying he was tired of the "hysteria" which the US "fails to cease."

"Should you be given some pill? Does anyone have a pill? Give [them] a pill! Seriously now," the Russian president said.

His comments about the West meddling in Russian domestic policy

"Look at your colleagues, what they are doing here," Putin told NBC journalist Megyn Kelly, who was asking questions at the forum. "They are all over our domestic policy, they're sitting on our head, dangling their feet and chewing a bubble gum. Entertaining themselves. It's a systematic, rude and absolutely unceremonious interference in our domestic policies that lasts for many years, also at a diplomatic level," he said.

Syria and Al-Qaeda

"You use them today, and never know what happens to you tomorrow. They might be fighting you... So, Al-Qaeda was at some point created to fight against the Soviet Union in Afghanistan, and then Al-Qaeda hit the US on September 11," Putin pointed out.

The Syrian President, Bashar Assad, "might have made mistakes," but the groups he’s fighting within the country "are no angels either," Putin said, adding that the latest chemical attack in Syria was a provocation against the government.

"Regarding the people who were killed and suffered from weapons, including chemical weapons – this information is false. As of today, we are totally convinced that it was just a provocation. Assad did not use that weapon. It was all done by the people who wanted to blame him for it," Putin said.

I like this Putin guy.

"Don't worry, be happy"

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

My opinion of Putin over the years has done a complete 180 degree turn.

Say what you want about the man, but he understands American politics better than most people working in the MSM in America.

edit on 6/2/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 6/2/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Yea same. I mean I never had problem with him to begin with.

He seems pretty level headed with a good sense of humor.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I have to agree with you. Putin seems to want to at least make an effort to make peace...only problem is he is a politician.He doew seem to have a pretty good sense of humor though.

edit on 3-6-2017 by daarksydereborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Listen to you all fawning over Putin like the great MAGAtard himself. Good-effing-grief. Lemmings.

Everything that you all claim to hate so much about the Clintons is true 100x over about Putin and worse. You don't need dubious email lists to know who Putin has offed. His personal fortune — a product of the uber crony lining his own corrupt pockets — is orders of magnitude larger than the Clintons, the Obamas and the Bushes and mostly likely Trump — combined.

He locks of up dissidents. He has dissidents murdered. He murders reporters. He murders rivals. Hell, he tried to murder his boy Yanukovych's competition. Remember the dioxin poisoning of Viktor Yushchenko?

Yet you all fawn over him. It's mind boggling.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Links please.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Clam down ante, it's not that serious.

Close your eyes, take a deep breath and breathe.

hummmmmmm...

Quoting him from an article and calling him level headed with a sense of humor is hardly fawning.

Don't worry ante, be happy. We're going to be okay.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   

IKR?
I'm blown away.
Obviously it's just because trump likes him.
Monkey see monkey do.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Listen to you all fawning over Putin like the great MAGAtard himself. Good-effing-grief. Lemmings.

Everything that you all claim to hate so much about the Clintons is true 100x over about Putin and worse. You don't need dubious email lists to know who Putin has offed. His personal fortune — a product of the uber crony lining his own corrupt pockets — is orders of magnitude larger than the Clintons, the Obamas and the Bushes and mostly likely Trump — combined.

He locks of up dissidents. He has dissidents murdered. He murders reporters. He murders rivals. Hell, he tried to murder his boy Yanukovych's competition. Remember the dioxin poisoning of Viktor Yushchenko?

Yet you all fawn over him. It's mind boggling.

Well you must admit, it is pretty easy to look like a true leader and diplomat when compared to some of the idiots the west has had.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvianYet you all fawn over him. It's mind boggling.

Not really. It's the narrative they're told to think. It's kind of funny watching the same people who laugh about the chance of Russian propaganda effecting them in any way, express a new found love for Vladimir Putin in almost the same breath.

But hey, I'm sure its all completely unrelated..

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

You know, I could use the same argument on you and say this Russia Boogeyman is just the narrative you are told to think. Why am I supposed to hate him, or be afraid of them again?

See how that works? Thank God we are entitled to our own opinions because I'd hate to have to rely on only yours.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

You know, I could use the same argument on you and say this Russia Boogeyman is just the narrative you are told to think. Why am I supposed to hate him, or be afraid of them again?

See how that works? Thank God we are entitled to our own opinions because I'd hate to have to rely on only yours.

Sure you could, that's part of your narrative.

I'm more curious why you think someone who jails journalists and is one of the biggest anti-freedom despots in the world is someone to be liked..

I mean, in my daily reading of right wing news that's one of the main narratives, but obviously you don't follow those, so you must have some nonpartisan reason to talk positive about Putin, right?

I'm all ears.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I like this Putin guy. 

"Don't worry, be happy"

That's the only time I've ever said that I liked the man, and clearly that was in a joking manner.

There's a difference between liking him and not hating him.

My stance on him is similar to my stance on Trump. Very simple, what has he done to directly affect me in a way that merits any kind of hate towards him? I sure as hell won't base my judgement, based on the judgements of the media.

More importantly, a point that I'm always trying to bring to light, I don't trust the elite left. I could be wrong about Trump and Putin. That's a possibility. But with the elite left, there is no speculation needed, I know for certain their motives and intentions. This alone makes it easy to defend their "enemies"

Pretty simple right?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

I like this Putin guy. 

"Don't worry, be happy"

That's the only time I've ever said that I liked the man, and clearly that was in a joking manner.

There's a difference between liking him and not hating him.

My stance on him is similar to my stance on Trump. Very simple, what has he done to directly affect me in a way that merits any kind of hate towards him? I sure as hell won't base my judgement, based on the judgements of the media.

More importantly, a point that I'm always trying to bring to light, I don't trust the elite left. I could be wrong about Trump and Putin. That's a possibility. But with the elite left, there is no speculation needed, I know for certain their motives and intentions. This alone makes it easy to defend their "enemies"

Pretty simple right?

Oh yeah, I mean Hitler never did anything to hurt me personally so maybe I shouldn't judge him.

I know that's an extreme example, but in this case it's not entirely wrong given Vladimir Putin's murderous history and history on human rights.

No offense, but that's some crappy logic.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Again your misunderstanding me if you think I'm defending the man. I just think the Russian collusion narrative is baloney. Why? Because it came from the elite left, and everything they stand for is baloney.

Care to find the fallacy in my logic there?

new topics

top topics

join