It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In defense of Kathy Griffin

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
First off, let me say that if a syphilitic whore had sex with a cancer tumor, then gave birth, it would still be better than Kathy Griffin.

My beef is with the networks who are blurring out the "mock" severed head of Trump.

Really?

Blurring it out?

It's vile and disgusting. But so what!

So is Kathy Griffin and the women on "The View" and the networks don't blur them out.

Censorship is wrong.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

He is the pres, there is always a segment of society silly enough to try something like griffin.

It is basically a doll head with food coloring on it. Show it-in all it's liberal glory.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I think whenever they talk about her, that should be the image they display. It's what she wanted, why not let her have the glory.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I like the idea of bluring out what is vile and disgusting. Imagine never having to see an unpixillated feminst's face on the screen again.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

It is basically a doll head with food coloring on it.

So you're saying it was an EXACT recreation of Trump's real head? Impressive!

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

My beef is with the networks who are blurring out the "mock" severed head of Trump.

Really?

Blurring it out?

I dont have TV to know what they're doing, but if private entities / 'open access' channels have decency limits then I can see the logic.

Kids ought to be able to play the news without blood & guts (especially of the sorts that are indecent just for indecencies sake).

Although I can see where such a trend could potentially spill over, se if social media started banning people for turning her indecency into dank memes (especially if se Facebook were politically motivated to prevent people from making her / her cause look like an ass for it, which is typical these days), that I would have a problem with.

With TV there is the angle of them wittingly broadcasting any er all content. Huge difference between what they go out of their way to broadcast outwards to the world, and what people online happen to post into 'their own' personal social media feed.
edit on 2-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Her face is more disgusting, don't see why they don't blur that out too.

XD CulturalResilience beat me to it. GGWP.

edit on 2-6-2017 by 0racle because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2017 by 0racle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The woman has a face that could "strip paint" of the walls. At least she has a future in the painting industry.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 0racle

Yeah that apology video her face looks like an automobile proving grounds.

edit on 2-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I was going to post a similar post about this, but decided against it. Interesting..

About Kathy, indeed. I don't really have a reaction to what she did. Who cares?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I have to say I find the faces of the women on The View far more distasteful than a fake severed head, but agree that no matter how grotesque they are it would be wrong to blur out their faces. Perhaps just a simple warning before they came on would be a good compromise, though.
edit on 2/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I have never been a fan of Kathy Griffin at all. I still don't find her funny but she's got my respect for her ability to cause an epic meltdown among the cult of the Dear Leader.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I cringe watching The View, I have to mute it whenever it's on, or change the channel completely.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I have never been a fan of Kathy Griffin at all. I still don't find her funny but she's got my respect for her ability to cause an epic meltdown among the cult of the Dear Leader.

A valiant defensive position - but you know why there is such a reaction of course... it is the perfect opportunity she gave to make a huge deal out of it and make it dangerous for all the other liberal elite celebrities to keep spewing their hate. Bet you they think twice about their death threats on twitter now...

It's politics and Griffin just shat in the liberal punch bowl.
edit on 2/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

After an oil spill.

+1 more 
link   

Seriously,

She needs to do some maintenance collagen injections.. her face looks like an empty burlap sack..

And She is more self absorbed then a heavy flow maxie pad.

I have no more sympathy for her than her rich therapist who has to listen to this vapid yenta's first world problems.

"All I did was a mock beheading of a sitting president...wah.. expecting to be lavished with praise...sob.. by the sick far left... sniffle... for my edgy and controversial protest....wah...and now I can't appear with Ryan seacrest... wah. Wah"

Boo freaken Hoo..

Respectfully,
~meathead

link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I had to burn the last tv I owned when I accidently put "The View" on.

It's like dropping your phone in the toilet.

You really don't want to use it any more.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Clever tonight.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
As a comic, when you want to be controversial, you have to be more funny than it is controversial.

I don't think anyone was laughing..

Atleast not at the joke..

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with "censorship".

The topic is about a has been moron seeking an audience by doing or saying something inappropriate.

The person who authored this thread is guilty.
edit on 2-6-2017 by jafo1973 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join