It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed -- Kathy Griffin has Retained a Criminal Lawyer

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: M5xaz

nugent is a pretty far right winger who made actual threats, has a history of borderline racist remarks, and #ed a minor
all signs of being a sociopath

but you cant see it

the right wing part is not a sign
the threat, comments, and minor thing is what i meant

Where did I defend Nugent or anyone else making similar threats?

Plus, I just posted above that I support the Secret Service doing their job no matter who they investigate.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Did you ask Kathy if she supports terror?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I'm sure the Secret Service will.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

That would be a defense lawyer. They have actively threatened to sue the president. That is not defense, that is offense.

Comedian Kathy Griffin contacted by Secret Service after Trump photo, civil rights lawyer says Comedian Kathy Griffin contacted by Secret Service after Trump photo, civil rights lawyer says 5 Hours Ago | 00:55 The U.S. Secret Service has contacted Kathy Griffin after the comedian posted and then removed a gruesome photo depicting President Donald Trump, civil rights attorney Lisa Bloom said on Griffin's behalf during a press conference earlier on Friday. Griffin posed with a replica of a severed and bloodied head that resembled President Donald Trump. Kathy has retained criminal attorney Dmitry Gorin to represent her, Bloom said.

that was from the OP
civil rights lawyer.
criminal attorney

dimitry gorin

www.google.com...=Dmitry+Gorin

^^^criminal defense

so i say again

she used her rights as an american citizen and retained a lawyer to defend her

so that action makes her perceived threat more credible to you?
that action means she should be investigated further?

whats your problem

link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

And what do you think her answer will be?

link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Perhaps. Maybe it isn't a waste of time but I still think it is. People make all kinds of violent images of Trump.

Yeah, I agree. I guess the thing is that they can't take a chance on missing the one weirdo that really is a threat. And they probably don't want to be accused of willfully failing to protect the prez cuz he's the wrong party or they don't like him or whatever -- we know someone would come up with something!

I do know that I don't envy the Secret Service's job right now...

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

And what do you think her answer will be?

It doesn't matter, they will investigate all of her contacts, she didn't make that alone.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Alas, if life were only that one dimensional. I guess you advocate the approach taken by Robin Williams DJ character in "Good Morning Vietnam", when he joked about how the CIA finds the Vietcong. By asking them if their name is Charlie. If they say yet, they shoot them. That is a ridiculously one dimensional thought...and he made a great bit on it...because of the absurdity of the question.

You asking that question, to me, is just as absurd. Which is why this type of investigation never ends at the primary suspect....ever.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I think he's saying she retained the civil rights lawyer first. Yes, she received a visit from SS but apparently he is saying it would have ended there if she hadn't held the press conference today. I don't think she retained the criminal attorney until after the press conference. I could be wrong though.

edit on 2-6-2017 by Khaleesi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

All threats against a president or a protectee are investigated by the Secret Service, said Alles, although he said many individuals later walk back their threatening statements or the threats are found to lack serious intent. Others are referred to the U.S. Attorney for prosecution.

she has already apologized(though didint mean it) for her bad taste pic(that was not a threat)

im sure they will waste money only to find out that her pic lacks any intent at all

gonna be a lot of sour faces when that happens

cant wait for that outrage
gonna be fun

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Um the absurdity of it is the point. Hello?
My point is her picture doesn't mean she supports terror. That is absurd itself.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

They already have sour faces.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

but he is posting in a thread about her hiring a defense lawyer so i really dont know what his problem is

maybe he will answer

we shall see

this whole discussion is about the criminal charges thus she needs a defense and she is entitled to that defense

apparently in his mind her using her right to a lawyer makes things worse somehow
i unno

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

My point is her picture doesn't mean she supports terror. That is absurd itself.

The picture supports terror and she was part of it's production.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

To you it supports terror.
Do you think Hollywood supports terror?

link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

That would be a defense lawyer. They have actively threatened to sue the president. That is not defense, that is offense.

Comedian Kathy Griffin contacted by Secret Service after Trump photo, civil rights lawyer says Comedian Kathy Griffin contacted by Secret Service after Trump photo, civil rights lawyer says 5 Hours Ago | 00:55 The U.S. Secret Service has contacted Kathy Griffin after the comedian posted and then removed a gruesome photo depicting President Donald Trump, civil rights attorney Lisa Bloom said on Griffin's behalf during a press conference earlier on Friday. Griffin posed with a replica of a severed and bloodied head that resembled President Donald Trump. Kathy has retained criminal attorney Dmitry Gorin to represent her, Bloom said.

that was from the OP
civil rights lawyer.
criminal attorney

dimitry gorin

www.google.com...=Dmitry+Gorin

^^^criminal defense

so i say again

she used her rights as an american citizen and retained a lawyer to defend her

so that action makes her perceived threat more credible to you?
that action means she should be investigated further?

whats your problem

Had she stopped it after the public apology, and retained a defense lawyer only (which is wise when interacting with the Secret Service), then dropped it all, it would be over. But no, she had to convene a press conference and accuse the president of "bullying her" and then retained a criminal lawyer because she forced the # to hit the fan

Up to this point ,she, herself, has been the only one escalating this situation.

She needs to realize the Secret Service will win here....guaranteed because she is in the wrong.

link   

but none of the other images shown of trump with his head off supports terror? just this one

ok

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

To you it supports terror.
Do you think Hollywood supports terror?

Do you have a film in mind that Hollywood made that supports terror? When I see one then I will think so.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

but none of the other images shown of trump with his head off supports terror? just this one

ok

I don't know, but I think it is safe to guess that when each of those folks were visited by the Secret Service regarding their intentions toward the president, they dropped it at that point. In this case, not so much.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I don't think he has a problem. I think he is just explaining the thought process. But I don't know him personally and I TRY (sometimes unsuccessfully) not to add tone to text. If you read what he wrote with out any tone, it's just factual from his experience knowing some SS agents. I think?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join