It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Religion New Symbol

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The secret code between early Christians was supposed to be a fish symbol.

A fish story....

French for fish is "poisson"

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft

You may be onto something, but how does that work exactly…?

I don't know, I'm just an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect the bill

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: galien8

I just like when people think enough to try to invent their own religion.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
There's a Jain temple being built in the next town. It's as big as high school. Jainism is an interesting religion.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
There's a Jain temple being built in the next town. It's as big as high school. Jainism is an interesting religion.

well I'm dualistic Christian and will stay that way

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: galien8
You can have any other religion on the side, as long as it not conflicts with this new religion, all religions are true, including mine.

Who Should Determine True Religion? Awake!—2008

JESUS made it clear that some forms of worship are not acceptable to God. He spoke of “false prophets,” comparing them to a tree that produces worthless fruit and “gets cut down and thrown into the fire.” He also said: “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens.”—Matthew 7:15-22.

Jesus, in fact, said regarding some who would claim to follow him: “I will confess to them: I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness.” (Matthew 7:23) Further, when speaking to the religious leaders of his day, Jesus applied to them God’s words to apostate Israel: “It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men.”—Mark 7:6, 7.

Clearly, not all worship is approved by God or his Son. Thus, not all worship is true worship. Does this mean that only one religion teaches the truth? Could not God be working through a number of religions, while rejecting certain others? Or, for that matter, might God be accepting and rejecting the worship of individuals scattered about in a number of religions despite what their organizations teach?

The apostle Paul wrote under divine inspiration: “Now I exhort you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that you should all speak in agreement, and that there should not be divisions among you, but that you may be fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought.” (1 Corinthians 1:10) The Bible also exhorts Christians to be “of the same mind and have the same love, being joined together in soul, holding the one thought in mind.”—Philippians 2:2.

Where such unity exists, the result is, in fact, one religion. Accordingly, the Bible says that there is “one Lord, one faith, one baptism.”—Ephesians 4:4, 5.

What the Bible Record Shows

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

Clearly, not all worship is approved by God or his Son. Thus, not all worship is true worship. Does this mean that only one religion teaches the truth?

OK all MAIN religions are true
must be otherwise there will never be peace
edit on 2017-6-3 by galien8 because: typo

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

originally posted by: rickymouse
The secret code between early Christians was supposed to be a fish symbol.

French for fish is "poisson"

What are you trying to say?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

You can have any other religion on the side, as long as it not conflicts with this new religion, all religions are true, including mine.

If the first commandment is that you cannot worship any another god, how can you have a "side religion"?

because all religions are true
Well, that is just stupid. We know most religions aren't true, for anyone.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: galien8

You do know that those 10 plus many many more were commanded to Israel andf strangers living in the land of Israel right?

No Gentile was ever placed under those commandments or laws.

Good luck with that.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

You may be onto something, but how does that work exactly…?

I don't know, I'm just an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect the bill

I quite like the above, as being a potential symbol for God…

The fish’s tail is similar to the letter A of Aleph…and is also close to depicting the Bulls horns, from the Original Egyptian version of the same letter…Aleph is also the beginning letter in Hebrew

The fish represents the Vesica Piscis, symbolising creation and birth through the divine waters…

And I’ve drawn the eye of the Fish using the Tav symbol…which was an ancient cross symbol, used by early Hebrew Christians…The Tav is also the last letter in the Hebrew Alphabet…

You may have heard the expression “God is Truth…”

Well, in Hebrew the word for Truth is Emet. And that word just so happens to be made up of three letters, which are Aleph, Mem, and Tav.

Aleph represents the beginning or Father/Source…which together with Tav symbolises the totality of God i.e. The beginning and the End…

And Mem means waters, and is represented by the Fish, which in turn symbolizes baptism and the Holy Spirit…

- JC

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

And I’ve drawn the eye of the Fish using the Tav symbol…which was an ancient cross symbol, used by early Hebrew Christians…The Tav is also the last letter in the Hebrew Alphabet…

top topics

<< 1   >>

join