It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Feast of Life [CRE2017]

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
By Kaelci
Writer

An icy wind swiftly blew through the open window and whipped Alison’s hair behind her, the long tresses not unlike a makeshift veil. Her dark eyes glared moodily into night sky, the light of the full moon shone upon her face, and she sighed despairingly. They would be here soon.

She briefly closed her eyes and allowed her dismay to flourish before she hastened to remove the pointless emotion from her being. There was no point to the anguish, and she knew that such meaningless reactions would not serve her; she had a job she needed to finish.

Her face as stone, Alison turned from the window and approached the stovetop. The saucepan of water that sat upon the flames had been boiling for some time now and she quickly threw in the dried spaghetti. The tomato sauce had been simmering for long enough, and though ideally she would cook it for longer, time was running out.

The minutes passed by slowly, each second seemed to stretch and elongate into eternity as she awaited her pasta to reach perfection - seven minutes, eight minutes, nine and ten… that would have to do.

She rummaged through the nearby cupboard and brought forth various plates of unmatched colours and patterns, decidedly uncaring as to what her unwanted guests would think of this blatant display of disregard. Onto each plate she placed the spaghetti and a large spoonful of sauce, and finally finished off with the most dastardly portion of grated parmesan: the slightest of sprinkles as to achieve utmost offence.

The meals were finished. She breathed a sigh of relief that her guests had not yet arrived, and quickly jumped as at that exact moment her phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Alison, hi! It’s Auntie Helen! Can you come quick? There’s been an accident…”

Alison quickly jotted down the details and ended the call, annoyed that she had slaved over this meal for nothing. She stomped out of the kitchen and into the living area, and angrily shrugged into her coat, swift to depart from the house as the spaghetti bolognaise remained plated upon the counter.

Days passed. Weeks. Alison had not yet returned. A soft green fuzz began to grow upon the spaghetti. Soon a blue fuzz entwined itself about the green, and a white fuzz too! The months passed by and the spaghetti was now teeming with life; tiny people hunted the tiny wildlife, they made homes in the caves of stiffened pasta and swam in seas of tomato sauce.

What was once naught but a fungus, had become sentient life.

edit on 2 6 2017 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Great take on the topic. Well written.

kind regards,

bally

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
bally001
Thank you for reading, and for your comment!

727Sky
And another pint for you!

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Anytime.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
That was freakin' awesome! I was reading, thinking to myself, "Where is kaelci going with this?!" Well done you!

Oh, and:

...the most dastardly portion of grated parmesan: the slightest of sprinkles as to achieve utmost offence.

Anyone who can get "dastardly" and "parmesan" in the same sentence coherently deserves a slow clap.
*slow clap*

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Thank you! She's an offensive young woman, this Alison.

I know that I would be incredibly offended if I went to someone's house for some spaghetti bolognaise only to find the teensiest portion of cheese sprinkled atop!

Also,... perhaps this is why some of us worship the flying spaghetti monster?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
kaelci

A fun story and I like the spin at the end. Life really does always find a way...even if it only has spaghetti to work with. Nicely done and thanks for sharing it!

blend57

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I like this, cool take on the theme.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57 and AugustusMasonicus

Thank you both!

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Bahahaha! That was certainly a creative spin!
I didn't know where this was going at first. Well done!

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
But Kaelci there's got to be a part two!
I have so many questions.

I loved it

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Thank you Elfie

(I didn't know where I was going either, I wanted to "create" a delicious spaghetti
but then, I thought to myself.... LIFE! And basically in my mind, compared humanity to fungus growing on a pasta dish)

AND BIRDIE!
HELLO!!!!!!!

Thank you for reading
(I miss you, haven't seen you in an age!)

top topics

join