It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colleges Celebrate Diversity With Separate ‘Commencements’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Yep, you read that right, separate commencements.
With speeches like we have endured constant questioning of our legitimacy....
I'm sure someone who had dogs unleashed and had friends beat to death as a standard treatment back in the 50's and 60's would have loved to have their capacity questioned and not got the crap stomped out of them for sitting in a "white only" diner.

Two days earlier, another end-of-year ceremony had taken place, just a short walk away on a field outside the law school library. It was Harvard’s first commencement for black graduate students, and many of the speakers talked about a different, more personal kind of struggle, the struggle to be black at Harvard.

“We have endured the constant questioning of our legitimacy and our capacity, and yet here we are,” Duwain Pinder, a master’s degree candidate in business and public policy, told the cheering crowd of several hundred people in a keynote speech.
www.nytimes.com...

Hey not just "minority" are separating themselves it is also those from the gay, les and bi "community" with lavender commencements with inspirational speeches. Great idea....

This spring, tiny Emory and Henry College in Virginia held its first “Inclusion and Diversity Year-End Ceremonies.” The University of Delaware joined a growing list of colleges with “Lavender” graduations for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender students. At Columbia, students who were the first in their families to graduate from college attended the inaugural “First-Generation Graduation,” with inspirational speeches, a procession and the awarding of torch pins.

They know not what they do.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
War is peace and inclusion is exclusion.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

They're segregating themselves.

MLK would be livid if he were alive today. His entire legacy has been undone by the Obama administration.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Hmmm it seems like they seriously want Jim Crow back since that's basically what Jim Crow does, segregate Whites and Blacks.

I'm pretty sure Martin Luther King and Malcolm X would be rolling on their graves.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This is just weird. It's like they are disappointed that Trump didn't turn out to be literally HItler. The f#ck is wrong with them?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Oh FOR F# SAKE.

If anyone ever needed proof against evolution this is it.

We are DEVOLVING RAPIDLY as a society.

Bring on the EMP, Meteor, CME, ELE......Please!

edit on 6 2 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Got news for these racial insensitive college grads, in the real world they will not be allowed to go off in their little safety zones.

This would fly for about 2 seconds in the skilled trades shop. Either you get along and work with anyone regardless of color, or you will hate coming to work. There are ways rough edges get sanded down.
edit on 2-6-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This will be remembered as the brainwashing before the second civil war. The division is shocking.

Back in the day, when I graduated, we all stood together as one, just grateful we got through it and got our piece of paper. The idea of separation when you all had to work hard to get through the same stuff is just ridiculous.

I would say ludicrous but I'm pretty sure somebody will say that's cultural appropriation. Sigh. That's how crazy this stuff has become.

Do they not see that this is a one-way street to destruction? Apparently teaching thinking is not required anymore.

edit on 2-6-2017 by FissionSurplus because: Spelling correction

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Those once seen as backwards by some, become accepted as they should, then things demanded rebackwards by the very people who were wrongfully considered backwards.

What the bigly #? Im at a loss.

edit on 2-6-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

This division is by design. If a 3 rd world war isn't at the ready when needed, we can get these idiots to fight in the streets.
All it takes a the wrong color someone to do something wrong to the other wrong color someone and presto-division and small civil wars all over the place.

This is not going to get them far in the real world.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus
This will be remembered as the brainwashing before the second civil war. The division is shocking.

Back in the day, when I graduated, we all stood together as one, just grateful we got through it and got our piece of paper. The idea of separation when you all had to work hard to get through the same stuff is just ridiculous.

I would say ludicrous but I'm pretty sure somebody will say that's cultural appropriation. Sigh. That's how crazy this stuff has become.

Do they not see that this is a one-way street to destruction? Apparently teaching thinking is not require anymore.

In those days, you either had the qualifications to pass the entry requirements and demonstrated you had the aptitude to want to learn. Once you were in, that was it - no questions about your abilities. Then you spent all those years doing courseworks, tutorials, attending lectures, reading lecture notes and preparing for exams. If you were one of the lucky ones, you passed. On average our class lost two people/year.

Now they have all sorts of diversity requirements with different GPA levels for different ethnic groups. Higher for whites and Chinese, lower for African-Americans and Mexicans. Half of the problem is that high-schools have been lowering grades and just passing students through each year regardless of if they passed or failed.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Are there separate commencement ceremonies for Asian, Latino, Hindi, Islander, etc. graduates??
ONLY blacks struggle with being black? Other races don't struggle at all????

WOW. Sucks to be gifted with enough intelligence to be graduating from one of the finest educational institutions IN THE WORLD and yet not having learned ANYTHING substantial.

Why do this on your way out? So you can reinforce the "divided America" narrative for the underclassmen????
They could have attended predominantly black colleges which would have lessened the "struggle" these graduates experienced, but they chose Harvard and were ACCEPTED! I guess that's not enough to break the mindset passed on generation after generation almost genetically that no matter HOW well you do in America you will always be black.

Well no sh#.

You win, YOU MADE IT and then smear the victory by implying that it was somehow divisive the whole time. Then to bring sand to the beach, you request separate, DIVISIVE commencement ceremonies.

You just lost all credibility and respect.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Meet the future leader of business and politics.

I would refuse to attend their racist commencement. This stinks of inferiority complex and something I would NOT take part in.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I would refuse to attend their racist commencement. This stinks of inferiority complex and something I would NOT take part in.

That's just it! How in FREAKING fiddly-dee can you possibly feel inferior having been accepted and then graduating from Harvard!!??

I wonder how they made it through considering the PTB, i. e. "The Man" did everything to keep them from making it! You know, the unfair and RIDICULOUS class workload that was obviously more than any of the other students were given or experienced... OH, and the tests that were blatantly racially stacked against them! /sarc

Instead of walking the stage with everyone to show that ANYONE can make it, they turn their commendable accomplishments into mere statistics!

Congratulations!!

edit on E30America/ChicagoFri, 02 Jun 2017 20:32:08 -05006pmFridaynd08pm by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

The only thing I can think is being intelligent does not make you smart.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

That's just it! How in FREAKING fiddly-dee can you possibly feel inferior having been accepted and then graduating from Harvard!!??

Because that's how young people are being indoctrinated by liberal theology, not just in college but in high school, middle school, grade school, TV, Hollywood etc. If you are white, you are privileged and an oppressor. If you are brown you are a victim and oppressed. It doesn't matter that these brown students have a much better life ahead of them than most whites, they are still victims and whites are still privileged.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Isn't that what they wanted? I don't see any problem.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

I wish I could disagree. Sad but true.

Little do these young idiots know, in the real world you must get along with everyone and either you cut it of you get cut.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

The only thing I can think is being intelligent does not make you smart.

Bingo.....

Being educated does NOT make you smart.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Some white people want to put white people in the back of bus.
Liberals gone wild.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join