It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Theater of Politics

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Saying people need to be "tucked in at night and read a bedtime story" has nothing to do with truth and everything to do with pandering. I don't expect you to see it though because you are the one he is pandering to.

Can you answer why the OP calls out left-wing fatuous buzzwords but fails to acknowledge the ones used by the right-wing much more frequently and obnoxiously? Seems a bit partisan to complain about one side doing it but not the other.

Pandering? No I did it to get people like you angry. That's how you smoke out the rats.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

So now you reveal the true purpose of the thread, to call one side out. This is a "pro-Trump" thread aimed to call out the "ant-Trumpers" as hypocrites and easily prone to adopting "fatuous" buzzwords and groupthink. Yet it ignores the fact that the side you are pandering to is just as guilty of those same things.

Thank you for clarifying, carry on.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

So you're a troll too? Thanks for letting me know.

edit on 6/3/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

So now you reveal the true purpose of the thread, to call one side out. This is a "pro-Trump" thread aimed to call out the "ant-Trumpers" as hypocrites and easily prone to adopting "fatuous" buzzwords and groupthink. Yet it ignores the fact that the side you are pandering to is just as guilty of those same things.

Thank you for clarifying, carry on.

It sounds like you're charging me with what you yourself are guilty of. Projection. Here you are ignoring everything I've written so you can serve up your little partisan creed Ina fit of pandering and evasion.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

So you're a troll too? Thanks for letting me know.

"Pre truth". Answer your own questions and pretend it was me answering them.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

It was mostly fine up until the end where you used some of the most fatuous and cringeworthy pandering that I've read.

Your vocabulary is large but the actual substance is almost paper thin. Usually the end or conclusion is where you knock it out of the park and solidify the point of the thread, you ended it by implying "anti-Trumpers" are like children who need to be tucked in and be read a bedtime story which is shallow and panders to the right.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

You're the one who said you only said it to piss people off, you're a troll by the very definition of the word.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

It was mostly fine up until the end where you used some of the most fatuous and cringeworthy pandering that I've read.

Your vocabulary is large but the actual substance is almost paper thin. Usually the end is where you knock it out of the park and solidify the point of the thread, you ended it by implying "anti-Trumpers" are like children who need to be tucked in and be read a bedtime story which is shallow and panders to the right.

Well no, the only group I specifically mentioned was the media and political class and their parrots. I was saying they need the theatre of politics to comfort them from the cold brutal reality. I said lullaby, security blanket, and so on, to emphasize my point, not to pander to anyone.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

You're the one who said you only said it to piss people off, you're a troll by the very definition of the word.

And I love it when you foam at the mouth.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

But those are fatuous buzzwords, the same kind that you were complaining about in the OP. You can't complain about them then turn around and use them at the conclusion of your argument. That seems awfully hypocritical.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

No foam here, just pointing out what I see and what you've pretty much admitted to. You're a troll looking for political points and confrontation.

Now I will be able to understand you better. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

But those are fatuous buzzwords, the same kind that you were complaining about in the OP. You can't complain about them then turn around and use them at the conclusion of your argument. That seems awfully hypocritical.

Do you know what a buzzword is?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

No foam here, just pointing out what I see and what you've pretty much admitted to. You're a troll looking for political points and confrontation.

Now I will be able to understand you better. Thanks!

Call me what you want if it helps furnish your thinking. No problem.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

They are fatuous and you used them as the cap of your thread by ending it in the manner that you did.

I don't think it was meant to troll anyone really, just a way to pander to the right.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

They are fatuous and you used them as the cap of your thread by ending it in the manner that you did.

I don't think it was meant to troll anyone really, just a way to pander to the right.

They are metaphors. They are not to be taken literally.

I'm actually pandering to the people I'm criticizing, hopefully showing them the absurdity of their ways. Criticism isn't about pandering to like minds and echo-chambers.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Saying people need to be "tucked in at night and read a bedtime story" has nothing to do with truth and everything to do with pandering. I don't expect you to see it though because you are the one he is pandering to.

Can you answer why the OP calls out left-wing fatuous buzzwords but fails to acknowledge the ones used by the right-wing much more frequently and obnoxiously? Seems a bit partisan to complain about one side doing it but not the other.

Would it be partisan of me to say, if the shoe fits?

Well, if the shoe fits..

You're nitpicking words you want to emphasize to try and fit your narrative, all the while ignoring the rest of the thread.

This thread is nothing but the truth, and if you feel it's partisan or pandering to a side, well that's your own problemo.

But these days, 'truth' is usually synonymous with 'partisan' when the person doesn't like what they are being exposed to.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I think the OP is verbose enough as it is, all you can really add to it is either back-patting or criticism. I found a few flaws in his logic (such as complaining about buzz words or phrases then using them) and decided to criticize them. If you don't like criticism then I'm wondering why you visit this site. The OP even admitted he said certain things to piss certain people off so it included political bait of the right-wing variety as well.

In my opinion it's a partisan piece, why else would it be in the mud-pit? Non-partisanship isn't allowed in the mud-pit (only half-joking). This thread was just looking for a fight.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

In that case then so are the words "optics" and "unpresidential", only metaphors not to be taken literally, yet you complained about them.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I look at OP as an artist, and his threads are just artwork. Art is meant to be controversial, not meant to be understood by all, and easily misinterpreted. Art is in the eye of the beholder.

He knows his threads will trigger people, as they always do, but I doubt that's his main priority. He just tells it how it is with an eloquent filter.

Atleast from my perspective.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

You have a very low barrier for what you consider art then. When someone goes around picking fights and admits to it then you usually call them what they are which is a troll.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join