It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 80,000 evacuated from German ‘Rock am Ring’ festival over ‘terrorist threat’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Why would anyone even buy a ticket to anything like
that anymore? If self preservation is an interest wouldn't it
behoove ones self to steer clear of large gatherings like
this? Considering todays atmosphere aren't events like
this a thing of the past?
edit on Rpm60217v20201700000031 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Are u on "droogs" ?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I guess the deep state has chosen their next victim.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: BestOf

This is the kind of reverse groupthink that causes so much hate in our world, people building walls between themselves and other people based on what their "group" (cult) tells them is true about other people and cultures, pigeonholing people into stereotypes and generalities.

You act like every single German isn't just a normal person like you, going about their lives trying to survive, having loved ones and being generally good, law-abiding people.

I hope you really don't feel that way, if so it is sad.

Yes I really feel that way. These are literally culture and country defining issues. Wars and millions have died in the pursuit of much less. German as a society has accepted unmitigated Muslim immigration and if it takes their suffering for me and mine to live amongst a society that advocates differently I am all for it. I feel like you all spemd so much time on the internet that this stuff has become a debate rather than realizing it's real life significance.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Because life carries on. Threats won't deter us from enjoying life. My wife and son are at a Shawn Mendes gig at the O2 in London right now, one of the largest venues in the world and yes we have reservations but even after Manchester, we will NOT be cowed. Shelter away while everyone else gets on with life

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

That's horrible if it is true. If I lived there, I would have wanted to go to the event to see the bands and I love music festivals, especially the rock ones. If the story does turn out to be true, I hope they nab the perpetrators and I hope the event still gets to go on, even if it is delayed.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Sometimes those events can be some of the best soul-cleansing earth-grounding type of things. There is often a healing energy in music. I will use (R.I.P musical genius) Robert Anthony Aviles as an example. The feeling that his music brings comes through even on the recordings. I wish I could have seen it live. I have experienced a sort of healing effect going to live music festivals and that sort of thing. I would say that the feelings of freedom (especially outdoor concerts) are as good as going on a nature hike or anything of that sort.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The news is real and they don't know if the festival is going to be coninued on saturday. LIeberberg the organisator of Rock am Ring called muslims out to protest against the terror and he is questoning our democracy if "threats" are enough to cancel the whole festival. He is right you know. Btw he was the only one who faced the media after the festival got interrupted.
edit on 2-6-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
IMO metal in America is having a stale stretch, in at least, outside of bigger metropolises-NY and LA these days. Germany is one of the few places left where the music is thriving outside of there. Shutting down a scene that, and in any subculture or en in mass culture(no limited to sub cultures), can have consequences-as is seen so far with the extremists sides waiting for any excuse to act in reply to these terrorists threats. Hopefully it won't be the case and this threat is sorted out and the festival goes on.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Nailed it. Cheers

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: InFriNiTee
Sometimes those events can be some of the best soul-cleansing earth-grounding type of things. There is often a healing energy in music.

I agree. Unfortunately, many Muslims believe music should be strictly forbidden:

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

I feel no sympathy for any bad things that happens to Germans henceforth. They have invited all of this upon themselves. In fact I enjoy their suffering. I think they have a word for that.

This is a pretty #ty thing to say. Regardless of how you feel about Germany's immigration policy you shouldn't enjoy the suffering of other people.

Exactly. Blame the whole of society and wishing them suffering there is no better than the extremists side's line of thinking.

ATS has turned into a degenerate melting pot of sociopaths and hate mongers. This is the epitome of stupid.

Yeah, sometimes I don't know why I try anymore here.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

I use to lurk for years. So much information. Now its like creepy divisive and dumbed down. Its a test. To hijack a place symbolic of critical thinking, compromise the small spring of truthful info by discrediting the legit. Also to discourage and further isolate the thinkers. Make us more noid alone

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

In before "but those aren't reeeeal muslims!"

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Well good thing you weren't born there because if you were and lived there you would be feeling the opposite way because it would be YOUR family and friends being killed.

How would you feel if you heard someone say they enjoyed the suffering of your family? I don't think you'd appreciate it and would find it revolting.

Guess who else enjoys their suffering? ISIS and the ones doing the killing.
edit on 6/2/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Over to 80,000 festivalgoers are being evacuated from Rock am Ring music festival held near Nuernburg, Germany, after police received information of a “concrete” terrorist threat.

Source

Hopefully the authorities can get to the bottom of this and make whatever arrests are necessary. If Germans weren't pissed before, they probably are now since 80,000 of them just had to evacuate from a massive festival due to the threat of a terror attack.

I'm disgusted that these racist Germans evacuated an entire stadium rather than let some immigrants come in to join them.

Shame on them.

Shame.

Shame.

edit on Ev08FridayFridayAmerica/ChicagoFri, 02 Jun 2017 18:08:50 -05000062017b by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: AnonyMason

I feel no sympathy for any bad things that happens to Germans henceforth. They have invited all of this upon themselves. In fact I enjoy their suffering. I think they have a word for that.

This is a pretty #ty thing to say. Regardless of how you feel about Germany's immigration policy you shouldn't enjoy the suffering of other people.

ATS has turned into a degenerate melting pot of sociopaths and hate mongers. This is the epitome of stupid.

Notice the other comment,

"What do they expect with Merkel's policies?"

And all the stars it garners. People are foaming at the mouth at a concept of a terrorist attacks so they can scream out "told you so."

It's.... odd.

Perhaps they just feel vindicated for sitting at home scared of the shadows, it's like " see I told you the terrorists are everywhere, you deserve to get killed if you go out "

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
The news is real and they don't know if the festival is going to be coninued on saturday. LIeberberg the organisator of Rock am Ring called muslims out to protest against the terror and he is questoning our democracy if "threats" are enough to cancel the whole festival. He is right you know. Btw he was the only one who faced the media after the festival got interrupted.

The organisers is complaining? Big surprise.

I bet he'd be the first to complain if a terrorist killed his concert goers and didn't try to stop the event.

Look, I get it, the person spent a lot of time organizing the event. But the event isn't as important as a real threat.

And someone is paid to make the call on that. If they didn't think it was credible they wouldn't have shut it down.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

If they didn't think it was credible they wouldn't have shut it down.

Unless they are trying to spread fear and paranoia that is. I wouldn't put it past them to do something like this to to help those two things spread.

The more afraid and vulnerable the people feel the more they are willing to give up rights in order to stop what they fear.

Today's wars involve more than just guns and tanks, it's also a psychological war as well.
edit on 6/2/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigohues
a reply to: AnonyMason

I use to lurk for years. So much information. Now its like creepy divisive and dumbed down. Its a test. To hijack a place symbolic of critical thinking, compromise the small spring of truthful info by discrediting the legit. Also to discourage and further isolate the thinkers. Make us more noid alone

Yup makes me wonder if that agenda is at play. Can't let them win.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join