It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan home raided by FBI in operation described as national security issue

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Krakatoa

Please look at the OP again. This IS my thread, I found the story, I read the news reports, I followed to the local coverage, and I create the thread.

You started the thread, but it belongs to everyone.

You added your own unsubstantiated speculation about links to terror.

And you accused me of having or propagating islamaphobia. Which you were WRONG about. Just admit that you speculated on that yourself, and were wrong.

Sheesh.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

a reply to: Sabz228

Clearly exampled here is the hypocritical facade of the SJW, PC culture, snowflake generation.

The fact that the above groups hate "irrational islamaphobia... ect."

Cracking up, its the islamaphobes that are scared of terror under every rock. They been conditioned by them ain stream or represent them, whatever.

Here lets wipe the slate, the War on Terror is fake.

Which part of the War on Terror is fake? The War or the Terror???

If you reply War:
You mind to tell those troops who died, got injured, or watched their brothers/sisters in uniform get killed or injured by terrorists, that the war is fake?

If you reply Terror:
Talk to all of the victims, families, and witnesses to the growing number of attacks in the USA and abroad, about the Terror being fake? Manchester, Orlando, San Bernardino, WTCs, Paris attacks, the list goes on and on...

Go ahead reply....

Regardless you still assumed that the potential terror link it was islam...
edit on 6 2 2017 by Sabz228 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

This thread wasn't started by you, speculating on links to 'terror'? You sound like an alphabet agent.

"This never happened, I was never here..."

I've had my say, enjoy the war on terr-- I mean war of assumption.

Oh and how about admitting you were WRONG about claiming I didn't start the thread? That would be a start.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You started the thread, but it belongs to everyone. You added your own unsubstantiated speculation about links to terror.

In which he directly stated as such from the beginning. How about we stop making this about religion and get back on topic. I haven't seen a single post by you that was related to the topic at hand.

Back on topic again. The more I think about it, the more I lean towards this being hacking/digital in nature. The fact the scene was cleared so quickly leads me to believe there was little physical evidence to be collected. In other words, swooped in, grabbed all computers, usb drives, etc. and moved on.

With that thought in mind, I read the following,

The operation stemmed from an incident that occurred out of state, the Detroit Free Press added, reporting that investigators tracked the suspects to the area.

as they left a digital trail and were probably amateurs. I still suspect that it was mostly likely someone just messing around on a server or maybe even an online scam of some sort targeting government employees. Which seems to be an easy target these days.

I'm interested to see where this goes.

edit on 2-6-2017 by ProjectedLogic because: removed bold

edit on 2-6-2017 by ProjectedLogic because: Spelling / clarified

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ProjectedLogic

It could be a case of credit card fraud as well, and with them coming from Lebanon, the investigation might have been classified as a national security issue in the possibility that funds from stolen credit cards would be used to fund terror groups back in Lebanon.

That is plausible, is it not?

PS: And it would be terror related without needing any religious angle to it at all.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Good point, I could see that being the case.
It said they were from Lebanon, but it did not state if they were citizens or not. That could also play a role on why it's considered a national security issue.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

as they left a digital trail and were probably amateurs.

Well there is also the possibility they simply camped just close enough to that home's WiFi from outside and then moved on. The crime could have simply been tracked back to the location that was used temporarily, and the family was completely surprised by this event??

I remember when WiFi was first getting big, open and/or hijacked hotspots were frequently landing innocent people in jail due to ignorance of the threats of unsecured connections. If they collected little physical evidence s you imply, this could allude to an unsecured hijacking for sure.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Good to see they are rounding up terrorists.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Update to this:

A late night FBI raid in Dearborn involves a national security issue, but it's not about a planned terror attack or explosives or anyone locally, the Free Press has learned.

According to a source familiar with the operation , the Thursday raid at a house in Dearborn appears to have nothing to do with metro Detroit or the young adult male who lives in house that was raided. That person was not in the home at the time of the raid and no charges are imminent, the source said, noting it is not clear if that person has been detained by authorities.

According to multiple sources, the FBI in Detroit is working with the FBI in another state about a national security issue.

"They likely went in there looking for people or records or computers, cell phones, iphones, those types of things," Arena said. "What they're doing now is they are looking at what they took from there – the people, the evidence – and they're trying to decipher it. 'Where does it fit?' "

www.freep.com...

Looking like our stepcousin's work's rumor mill might in fact be right, unless it's straight-up espionage (espionage possibility was mentioned in the article)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

And considering it's a national security issue, it's a reasonable assumption.

Presumptive, really.

Sounds like it has the potential to be terror related given the circumstances. But then, that is unsubstantiated speculation on my part here.

Just 'speculating', uh huh. And what you call covering for assumptions and speculation without any substantiation??

Hearsay

I mean I get it, theres no war on terror without terrorists, even unsubstantiated, assumptive, speculative ones, lulz.

Carry on, lol

SO if it was the terror related you would assume it was muslims right? WHat if it was the IRA? If its not spefically mentioned its not what is meant or said.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Oh look, Dearborn.

Again.

i was born in dearborn
aint never going back

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

the IRA
come on

just read more for context

i get what youre saying
edit on 2-6-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

i was born in dearborn

I don't know why, but that is the strangest sentence I've ever read.

Anywho, out of all the goings on, what was special about this story?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

i was born in dearborn

Nothing special. Other than the secrecy and lack of coverage over an event that was labeled as relating to national security. We are speculating here what we think it might be related to given the data at hand.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Well, not to be a stick in the mud but anything internet related could be labeled as such. Investigations can spend years in the shadows before coming to bear fruit.

If I'm wrong, good catch!

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Well, not to be a stick in the mud but anything internet related could be labeled as such. Investigations can spend years in the shadows before coming to bear fruit.

If I'm wrong, good catch!

No need to apologize at all. Like I said, it's not special....just odd and lacking in information. Just enough to whet the mind into trying to piece it together.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

i was born in dearborn

I think it's special in that it's not getting a whole lot of press. Even if it's terror related, other than from protection against chaos and vigilanteism I cant see why it would want to be kept quiet.
edit on 3-6-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Last I saw, the neighbors reported one person from the home taken into custody by the FBI. No explanation, nothing.
I am still monitoring periodically for more details though.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

originally posted by: stosh64

Dearborn, hmmmmm.....

I wonder what this could be related to?

Radical Muslims with an IT degree from the University of Stalingrad?

Yea but they go to flight school here?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

And considering it's a national security issue, it's a reasonable assumption.

Presumptive, really.

Sounds like it has the potential to be terror related given the circumstances. But then, that is unsubstantiated speculation on my part here.

Just 'speculating', uh huh. And what you call covering for assumptions and speculation without any substantiation??

Hearsay

I mean I get it, theres no war on terror without terrorists, even unsubstantiated, assumptive, speculative ones, lulz.

Carry on, lol

SO if it was the terror related you would assume it was muslims right? WHat if it was the IRA? If its not spefically mentioned its not what is meant or said.

Wow still some hold outs around. And yea and it I found out I was wrong and it was some other terrorist free front bullcrap then big f'in deal. Its not like the leading terror group in the world isnt claiming everything that has to do with mass killings anyway. If they don't feel bad then I don't feel bad.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join