It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Bannon be the leaker?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

'Morning Joe' co-host Joe Scarborough claimed Friday morning that presidential strategist Steve Bannon is now effectively running the country – uttering the phrase 'President Bannon' seven times in 35 seconds for dramatic effect. And he said Bannon, not U.S. intelligence agencies, is behind a series of embarrassing leaks about Trump adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner's alleged Russia ties. 'Steve Bannon has been leaking – I believe, based on everything that I've heard – has been leaking these stories,' Scarborough said. 'People very close to Steve Bannon were telling me before the stories were leaked that he was going to be leaking these stories.' 'Two days after I heard this – two days! – [there was a] front-page New York Times story about the links between Kushner and Russia,' he added. 'A coincidence? Absolutely not.' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The leaks have been coming from someone on the close inside, based on the information given.
More digging is certainly required on this, so I don't think this is written in stone by any means, but it's something to watch.
Some think that leaks are a wonderful thing for transparency, but if they are used and manipulated to further an agenda, well, I think even the most liberal of liberals would accept that things aren't supposed to be that way.

Time will tell. If it turned out to be true, and Bannon was shown the door, I can't say my heart would be bruised.
edit on 2-6-2017 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

What possible motive could Bannon have for leaking?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I have no idea. He never even crossed my mind before this article. And as I said, don't take this as anything other than the gossip it is for now.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

All the media has a reason to leak, as it provides global content, so I wouldn't doubt it..

But if trump goes down, so he gets demoted and loses access, so from the outside I don't see it..

If trump is guilty of Russian dealmaking, then it is someone who knows, or thinks he should be caught..

If trump is innocent it is people who want to tear him down , or maybe the Russians setting him up to look guilty.

Neither way do I see bannon benefiting from trumps fall. He sells way more papers long run with the inside track to the president.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The leaks are good for transparency, I believe.
If something illegal is taking place.

Look at Hillary's emails as an example...

The right wing were adamant that it didn't matter who leaked, all that mattered to them was what was in the leaks.

This is the same thing, but tables turned.

As for Bannon, there has been whispers that him and Kushner are at odds, but I don't know if I believe this.

This just seems like more of an attack to cause more of a rift in the administration.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I take it that Kushner and Bannon are rivals for Trumps attention, so maybe he did leak the story about Kushner's backdoor ties with Russia.

I don't think any of the other leaks would help him though.

From what I've read I think Bannon sees Kushner and Ivanka as two liberal voices in the presidents ear that don't need to be there, so it makes sense if he's leaking info to discredit either of them.
edit on 2-6-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Jared is also on the leaker short list.

www.zerohedge.com...

or maybe just some lacky connected to a big dog.

www.dailykos.com...

Ringling bros ain't got nuthin on DC.
edit on 2-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I think it was Pence. He's smarter than he sounds.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Slight of hand for one.

Could be they are well thought out and actually planned by the entire Trump team in order to throw a false narrative keeping the dems busy chasing ghosts and tails while they actually work on the real investigations into unmasking and heavy corruption from the former administration.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

If he's boinking Putin, then yea, the leaks are good and finding out the truth is a good thing. But if the leaks are bull# just to keep a cloud of garbage hanging around the white house for the next 3.5 years then no, they are just another left wing tactic, like the laughable "impeach him" without any clue as to what he has done wrong.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I think it was Pence. He's smarter than he sounds.

I doubt it. He seems like a straight arrow among a big quiver of bent ones. Until proven otherwise, I'd like to live in a world where at least one person in charge has integrity. But someone has a loose bolt on the pie hole door.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Slight of hand for one.

Could be they are well thought out and actually planned by the entire Trump team in order to throw a false narrative keeping the dems busy chasing ghosts and tails while they actually work on the real investigations into unmasking and heavy corruption from the former administration.

LOL, that would be the stuff dreams are made of. Sounds like an investment of 1000-1. (sadly, too good to be true)
But one can hope.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
LOL

The only things Bannon leaks is hot air and psoriasis.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

This isn't the least bit surprising. Chalk it up to a classic case of in-house rivalry between Bannon and Kushner who have both been vying to influence the president. Let's face it, chants of President Bannon was apparently enough to piss off Trump to the point of Bannon practically being sidelined. Bruised egos, indeed.

It's been interesting to watch this fiasco play out.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Begin's with a K and ends with an R.

Those two have had a very heavy rivalry. Plus, Breitbart and Bannon have posted and promoted a lot of anti-Semetic stuff, Kushner being a Jews, ect.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Nope....

Imo, this is a MSM attempt to get Trump upset with Bannon because they are pissed Trump left the Paris Climate Accord because of Bannon.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Who was in the meeting between trump and the russians .

US

Donald Trump -- President
Rex Tillerson -- Secretary of State
H.R. McMaster -- National Security Adviser
Dina Powell -- Deputy National Security Adviser
Missing? Jared Kushner -- Trump's son-in-law and top aide

Russia

Sergey Lavrov -- Russian Foreign Minister
Sergey Kislyak -- Russian ambassador to the US
A slew of other unidentified Russian aides

No democrats . No US media . No Obama holdovers . No Hillary . Just trumps people and russian spy's .

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TREESNAKE1111

Since several who were in the meeting have come forward to say that the leak on that was a lie, it's entirely possible they were either fed false info or made it up or leaked something they knew about going in. But they didn't necessarily have to be someone from inside the meeting doing the leaking.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TREESNAKE1111

Since several who were in the meeting have come forward to say that the leak on that was a lie, it's entirely possible they were either fed false info or made it up or leaked something they knew about going in. But they didn't necessarily have to be someone from inside the meeting doing the leaking.

True . Very true . But my point is that it would be very easy to find the leaker/ leakers . Trump has access to the largest intelligence apparatus the world has ever known . They answer to him . These "leaks" are controlled leaks by the administration . And as the op suggests , probably at the direction of Mr. Bannon . Everyone seems to underestimate this guy . IMHO .

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Somtimes the culprit is right under your nos. I have a gut feeling that Kushner may be on of the leakers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join