It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Dean Koontz Fans?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I have been a fan many years. Watchers was the first one that I read, and I was hooked. I still think that is my favorite.

The Taking didn't come up to my expectations. I couldn't even finish the book.

The last one I read was From the Corner of His Eye.....excellent!

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Clive Cussler writes the dirk pitt novels and while they are good they cant touch koontz. That being said tahe only book of his I didnt like was the taking. I kept waiting for the why and never got it. " From the corner of his mind" was awesome you gotta love barty and angel. Im still waiting for the third book in the fear nothintg - sieze the nigght trilogy. Hopefully orson and mungojerry can get together with einstein and his family.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Phantoms was his best to date. I like all of his stuff, but Phantoms totally rocked.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I'm reading Phantoms for what must be the fourth or fifth time right now... that damn moth gets me every time!

Strangers is another of Koontz's which I really enjoyed... both of those two rank high on my list of favourite books of all time.

He's done some real masterpieces, and some real stinkers... the trick to Koontz is doing your homework ahead of time, to find out what you're getting into.

[edit on 1-1-2006 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Just read "Forever Odd"

it was good, but not as good as "Odd Thomas"

Life expectancy is next up on my list

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   
"The Taking" scared the crap out of me.
I finished it in...2 and a half hours.
Which scared the crap out of my parents.
I reread it though, just to make sure my speed-reading didn't let me miss anything.

How would you categorize his books by genre? Sci-Fi? Or even Fantasy?

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I wouldn't call myself a fan per-se, but I have read Tick Tock, and that was a great book

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I am a Dean Koontz junkie also.

I can't really think of a favorite but the most recent Koontz books I've read were Odd Thomas and The Taking.

I especially love the ending and the pshycological warfare you encounter when trying to understand The Taking, not to mention the fact that the ending of said book brought the whole story together and really gave you a good kick to the gut in surprise.

I bow to Dean Koontz and the ingenious ideas he has whenever writing his books.

Cheers~

-Emissari

[edit on 11-5-2006 by Prudens Emissarius]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
If you enjoyed Odd Thomas you'll enjoy Forever Odd

I find that John Saul also has some of same great storytelling techniques like Koontz.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
If you enjoyed Odd Thomas you'll enjoy Forever Odd

I find that John Saul also has some of same great storytelling techniques like Koontz.

Thanks alot!

I'll definetly take that into consideration!

Cheers~

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'm a big fan. He's a great writer, and a hell of a nice guy to boot. Also one of the hardest working writers out there. He told me that, while writing THE HUSBAND, he upped his work week to 100 hours to meet the deadline.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join