It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we should all vote for Jeremy Corybn

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheShippingForecast

Corbyn has some formidable characters in his team, have you seen Barry Gardiner or Rebecca Long Bailey? They have made numerous appearances in the media recently and have absolutely smashed it, feel free to check them out. Aside from that I would prefer to see more human attributes in my politicians over the robotic, perfectly PR rehearsed Tories. I would rather have the odd slip up and know they are genuine and human than some sort of lying mantra machine. Do you agree with what's in the manifesto?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Cassetteboy, telling us why we shouldn't vote for May

edit on 6/6/2017 by teapot because: respect

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Scouse100

I haven't read the manifesto in detail, just the bullet points. Nothing I disagree with tbh, although I vehemently disagree with Dugdale's vow never to support Scottish independence (like many Scots Labour voters I'm sympathetic to the idea of independence). I'm still not convinced about a quality front bench ... I was raised on Bevan, Foot, Castle, Williams, Wilson, Callaghan & Benn ... I see no heavyweights like them now anywhere in the PLP.

I want to vote Labour, I really do. I take on board what a contributor said earlier about finding a "best fit".. I have that morning after feeling brewing now too ... i.e. how will I feel on Friday morning if I don't vote Labour and the Tories scrape in.

I'll have a good think about it next 24 hrs.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Respect to you, and there are some legendary names there! I hope this shift to the left paves the way for more like them to come through and show us what they've got

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Five ish thousand people rocked up to see him in my home town last night, of their own accord. A large proportion of those people were young. When I was their age I didn't give a toss about politics. Change is coming. www.chroniclelive.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Until recently, the 'May leadership - strong, Corbyn leadership - weak' media meme has had much play. This was apparently prefered to analysing Corbyn's policy. Even if you caught the meme, why would you be swayed by it? Vote for the strong party even though their policies are against your best interests?

Of course Corbyn was in a weak position as he battled his own party to steer it away from 'new labour', Blairite, conservative-lite, back to its progressive heart. He was briefed against by his own members and faced off several coups. That, in my view, is not evidence of weak leadership. He's remained faithful to his views throughout his long political career, but apparently that makes him a 'dogmatist'.

The media treatment of Corbyn has improved over the last couple of weeks, probably because of the stricter rules on impartiality which apply during an election, and maybe because they don't want egg on their faces - again. Overall it has been disgraceful - not just my opinion, or the opinion of the majority (according to a YouGov poll) but the opinion of the former BBC governors' chairman, Sir Michael Lyons, distinguished BBC journalist David Dimbleby and the two research bodies which looked into the matter - Department of Media & Communications, London School of Economics and the Media Reform Coalition.
edit on 6-6-2017 by EvilAxis because: Links

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

You think Michael Foot was a "heavyweight"? Seriously?

His manifesto was widely described as "the longest suicide note in history" and led to one of Labour's most humiliating defeats in history.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Aye nae bother , voting for tories when they support pedophiles and tax evasion etc
well that makes you a bit of a #

well I do have the right to call anyone a # right ?, isnt that my protected right to openly express my opinion ?

you can vote for anyone you like , but it still makes you a # for supporting a party that knowingly supports pedo's , supports war , forces people into poverty etc , supports corporatism and for anyone else thinking of being a # , you are also a # for voting tory
I hope you dont have children , because Id hate to be a parent who votes for a party whose leader loses the documents pertaining to the investigation of child abuse within government , within her party

so because I called you a # I need to grow and before doing politics?
sticks n stones - its just a word

Aye ok man , it is what it is , I called you a # for supporting a party that hosts some of the most disgusting people in society those who feed off others misery who actively set about destroying the hard work of generations of people.

If anyone in my family voted tory or my friends, Id make damn sure they knew they were a # for doing so

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

Im not really debating otherwise id put more effort in , Im just dropping my opinion nothing more

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Go away and grow up some before you try doing politics.

Ive been doing politics since I could vote , so im quite happy doing it , did I miss the SprocketUK manual on politics for dummies

Why? is politics only for adults , and only for people who dont use the word # to describe someone they disagree with for voting for a party of criminals?

Just curious likes

Why even care about my opinion of you unless you care about what others /society in general thinks of you , so if you are that bothered by what others think , then maybe think twice about voting tory , because I probably am not the only person who thinks that of tory voters !

Mods , sorry for over usage of the word , its for emphasis

edit on 7-6-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

You are presumably either blissfully unaware of the scandal surrounding one Jeremy Corbyn over his alleged failure to act upon allegations that dozens of vulnerable children in care homes in his constituency of Islington were vilely abused or perhaps it just doesn't fit in with your view that all Tories are evil, paedo scumbags - which seems very much to be your thing.

Geoffrey Dickens, a Tory MP, made repeated attempts to raise this abuse and how did JC react? - he made an official complaint about him.

There are allegations about evidence being shredded, etc.

Apparently, a fellow Labour MP, John Mann, raised all this in an open letter to JC which he tried to dismiss.

How does all that fit in with your views?

Just curious, like.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

I have heard of these claims and if JC did do that then he is also a grade A # !

anyone who blocks the investigation of child abuse needs locked up !
so if he is privy to that info then he should be investigated too!

I dont support labour or corbyn

not all tories are evil , but they are a part of party who is on the whole a bunch of #s ! so are therefore #s by default

all it takes is one # to foul the batch

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Ok I apologise for calling you a # , maybe it was a bit extreme, I just want to make clear you aren't a # in general but in my opinion for voting tory and that applies to everyone who votes tory.
and for background ( in Scotland the word # is a term of endearment and is often used amongst friends) So its doesnt really carry as much weight up here compared to the rest of the world

Maybe I should have just asked you to explain in what way by voting tory will benefit you directly in your day to day life
or how it will help your constituency.

Like I cant think of any reason Id vote tory , unless I was extremely wealthy or happened to be a CEO of a corporation in the UK.

I appreciate you dont have to accept my apology but there is no real menace in my use of foul language , I just really dislike the tory party and anyone who votes for them for the simple reason that the tory party has never really done anything for the greater good and have harmed more people of the UK than they have helped.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

Go away and grow up some before you try doing politics.

Ive been doing politics since I could vote , so im quite happy doing it , did I miss the SprocketUK manual on politics for dummies

Why? is politics only for adults , and only for people who dont use the word # to describe someone they disagree with for voting for a party of criminals?

Just curious likes

Why even care about my opinion of you unless you care about what others /society in general thinks of you , so if you are that bothered by what others think , then maybe think twice about voting tory , because I probably am not the only person who thinks that of tory voters !

Mods , sorry for over usage of the word , its for emphasis

One time and one time only.

Because someone has a different view on politics to you can be because they have different priorities, have thought deeper or less deeply about something than you, have a personal history with certain parties and a million other bloody reasons.

It does not make them a c..t You are one though, expecting the whole world to vote your way because you are such a spoilt little kid (mentally if not chronologically) that you cant bear to not get your own stupid way.

Vote how you want, but do the world a favour and keep your stupid little insults inside your thick head.

edit on 09pWed, 07 Jun 2017 07:48:09 -050020172017-06-07T07:48:09-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

edit on 41pWed, 07 Jun 2017 07:48:41 -050020172017-06-07T07:48:41-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
now that the spectre of :

the right honourable Mrs dianne abbot , home secretary

has been vanquished the lesser of 2 evils is deffinitly

the right honourable mr jeremy corbyn PM

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
now that the spectre of :

the right honourable Mrs dianne abbot , home secretary

has been vanquished the lesser of 2 evils is deffinitly

the right honourable mr jeremy corbyn PM

She'll just shag him again and get the Defence Secretary job lmao

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I dont expect anyone to do anything , and I am certainly not spoiled in any way shape or form I come from nothing and will leave with nothing , and I cant get my own way as its a democracy the majority get their way isnt that right ? So it doesnt really bother me what the outcome is so long as we dont have the tory party in power destroying society and profiting from misery

I just dislike the tory party and anyone who votes for them , I just cant understand why anyone would vote for them unless they directly benefit from doing so.

I only reserve my insults for tory voters , and people who in general profit from others misery, which sums up the tory party completely.

If you are still interested id like to know why you are voting for them as I asked in my last post, its all good though if you dont want to continue , I understand you dont like being insulted.

I am sorry but the more tory voters know they are supporting #s the better, and the more they feel like a # then they will realise maybe voting tory is wrong .

Maybe Im just bias because everyone around me hates the tory party

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

That's a bit more reasonable at least.

For what its worth, they are a despicable bunch, but, being someone who has wanted the UK out of the Eu since I got my motorcycle licence 30 years ago, there is no one else who will deliver on the referendum result. Absolutely no one.

I was an RMT member for 20 years and voted that cretin, Blair in in 97. I stupidly voted Lib Dem just before they sold out to get a seat at the tory table too.

It's my firm belief that unless we get out of the EU properly, then we will never be free and always suffer because of it. Its that and that alone that makes me determined to vote for them tomorrow.

Next time I will vote for someone else, but to be frank, Labour and the Lib Dems are toxic, the Lib Dems especially.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Ah, but has she gone for good? Word is that she is not really ill at all but has been bundled out of the limelight for fear that every time she opens her mouth she loses 1,000's of votes. Which she does.

Vote Labour and there is still a very real chance of Dianne Abbott being Home Secretary. That would indeed be a BAD THING.

Can we afford to take that risk?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Thank you for the nightmares. Pass the mind bleach, please.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join