It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we should all vote for Jeremy Corybn

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

originally posted by: jamespond
Like I've said on here before, it's not Jeremy Corbyn's fault that you haven't got a clue about western policy in the middle east since the end of the second world war.

Ah yes of course. Islamic terrorism is the fault of the western world. How silly of me.

Yes you're right. The UK needs someone who will negotiate with them in order to placate them. That's the best way to deal with savage barbarians -- rational discussions.

You should go up to Manchester and let the victims' families know where the blame resides. I'm sure they would be very welcoming to your thoughts.

Well perhaps you should cast your mind back to when it was the Irish blowing people up in Manchester. It wasn't that long ago you know.

Funnily enough, we don't get that from the Irish anymore. Why is that? Oh yes, it's because we went to the negotiating table!!!

Go peddle your BS elsewhere please

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978
I'm not saying that's not how peace is attained. Of course it is.

But he wasn't trying to broker peace with the IRA when we was, from all outward appearances, supporting them or at least not condemning them.

And no -- there is NO deals to be made with ISIS. No 'peace' talks, no treaties. Peace talks involved concessions, agreements. There is no agreeing with fanatics who want nothing more than for this world to end and who will go about that in which ever way they can. These people are the enemy of everything we stand for, hurting and killing anyone and everyone. Like a video showing a small 5 year old boy shooting a man in the head, brainwashed into believing he is doing Allah's work.

I don't want someone who will 'peace treaty' with ISIS. I want someone with a set of balls who will work to eradicate that disease from this earth.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Of course he was. He's a pacifist some say, he's a collaborator others say.

He would rather we didn't go down the Nuclear Avenue, it may expose it, for whatever it is!!

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Corbyn is a slippery worded # though, that can't really be argued against.
edit on 2.6.2017 by grainofsand because: Clarity

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Corbyn is a slippery worded # though, that can't really be argued against.

That is in your opinion. Which you are entitled to. As am A I. And I don't agree.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: jamespond

That wasn't about religion. That was about occupation and revolt against the ruling british at the time, which lead to the split and the eventual war in the north between the iRA and England.

I'm not saying it wasn't terrible, because it was and many people died.

But it isn't the same now. Britain isn't ruling Iraq, Iran, Palestine, Afghanistan, Manila, etc, and refusing to given them their country. You have a collective ideology that is dead set against Western values; freedom, democracy, secularism. The IRA was not against Western culture or values.

The problems in the middle east are NOT our fault. Sure, we didn't help. But we didn't make them who they are. Their religious ideology did.

Don't be an ISIS sympathiser. It isn't cool

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Cobaltic1978
I'm not saying that's not how peace is attained. Of course it is.

But he wasn't trying to broker peace with the IRA when we was, from all outward appearances, supporting them or at least not condemning them.

And no -- there is NO deals to be made with ISIS. No 'peace' talks, no treaties. Peace talks involved concessions, agreements. There is no agreeing with fanatics who want nothing more than for this world to end and who will go about that in which ever way they can. These people are the enemy of everything we stand for, hurting and killing anyone and everyone. Like a video showing a small 5 year old boy shooting a man in the head, brainwashed into believing he is doing Allah's work.

I don't want someone who will 'peace treaty' with ISIS. I want someone with a set of balls who will work to eradicate that disease from this earth.

You talk about concessions? Perhaps then our governments should stop raping the middle east for its oil? That's all the wars in Iraq and Libya were about after all. Before that in the 50's we had Mossadegh overthrown because he refused to let western corporations drain all of the profits from their own oil. That guy was voted in on a landslide but was hounded out after two years by his own people because of meddling by MI5 and the CIA. This is but one example, there are many more unfortunately.

Obviously there's no way anyone can negotiate with ISIS but on the other hand Corbyn has never said any such thing. What we can do is start to improve relations with governments in that region, but that's never going to happen under the current western regimes because corporate greed is what really runs the show, I doubt even Jeremy Corbyn could change that but he's definitely got more chance of doing it that Teresa May.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Well of course it did. How could it not have made it worse? But you are talking about a bunch of people, living in a dark ages religious environment. Govt mandated religious ideologies, women as second if not 3rd rate citizens, homosexuality resulting in public torture or worse.

Like trying to sit a caveman down to a fancy dress dinner. It doesn't work.

Christianity had its violent period, worked much of its violence out of its system, then managed to calm down, have a bit of a reformation and is now, fairly benign. The same is not true of Islam at the moment.

And to date, Corbyn's attitude has been, in my opinion, very weak towards ISIS. I don't think he's the right person for Number 10. I dont trust him.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

You talk about concessions? Perhaps then our governments should stop raping the middle east for its oil?

I didn;t know we got oil for free. If that's the case then why is it so expensive? Or is it a southern tax??

That's all the wars in Iraq and Libya were about after all.

Well.... no. It isn't. That was part of it.

Before that in the 50's we had Mossadegh overthrown because he refused to let western corporations drain all of the profits from their own oil.

Again, not just oil.

Corbyn has never said any such thing. What we can do is start to improve relations with governments in that region,

What do you mean by 'improve relations with govts in that region' ? I'm not being sarcastic -- honestly, what do you mean? What do you envision that entailing?

I doubt even Jeremy Corbyn could change that but he's definitely got more chance of doing it that Teresa May.

I have to disagree. I dont see TMay as very strong, but Corbyn strikes me as someone who is scared of confrontation and would rather concede in order to avoid that confrontation. My opinion of course, but that's what I get from him when he talks.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
double posted... damn
edit on 2-6-2017 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

That wasn't about religion. That was about occupation and revolt against the ruling british at the time, which lead to the split and the eventual war in the north between the iRA and England.

I'm not saying it wasn't terrible, because it was and many people died.

But it isn't the same now. Britain isn't ruling Iraq, Iran, Palestine, Afghanistan, Manila, etc, and refusing to given them their country. You have a collective ideology that is dead set against Western values; freedom, democracy, secularism. The IRA was not against Western culture or values.

The problems in the middle east are NOT our fault. Sure, we didn't help. But we didn't make them who they are. Their religious ideology did.

Don't be an ISIS sympathiser. It isn't cool

Don't twist my words mate, as you put it yourself, it's not cool.

Acknowledging my own governments responsibility for the terror that's happening on our doorsteps doesn't make me an ISIS sympathiser. Nice try though.

I'm capabable of understanding the complexity of the situation we're in whilst on the other hand you have a biased opinion based on your own nationalistic views.

I can't help you with that unfortunately, just hope that you see the light before too long.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
No matter who you vote for, they will always **** us over. Lying, devious parasites, the lot of them. To anyone thinking of voting Corbyn , you'll also be voting for the racist Diane Abbott.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Acknowledging my own governments responsibility for the terror that's happening on our doorsteps doesn't make me an ISIS sympathiser. Nice try though.

Such as what. What did the UK do to create Islamic terrorism?

I'm capabable of understanding the complexity of the situation we're in whilst on the other hand you have a biased opinion based on your own nationalistic views.

Not really. I have a realistic view.

I can't help you with that unfortunately, just hope that you see the light before too long.

No thanks, I don't need your help. But we all will should Captain Spineless run number 10.

Also, forgetting the ISIS issue, I also don't want to pay more taxes just because I earn over a certain amount.

I'm very happy to pay what's right and what's due. But for me to pay more because I earn more? Another Southern Tax to prop up the North is what he's pushing. Again, I disagree with that policy.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

You talk about concessions? Perhaps then our governments should stop raping the middle east for its oil?

I didn;t know we got oil for free. If that's the case then why is it so expensive? Or is it a southern tax??

Well I thought I was having an intelligent debate until I read the above reply.

Since my mum always warned me about getting into arguments with idiots, on that note I'm calling it a night.

God bless

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Hey, you're the one saying we're "raping" the middle east of its oil. Rape implies non-consensual and, as far as I can tell, the Saudis aren't short of a few quid.

Looks like they're doing very well for themselves in this 'rape' situation. Or, did you mean something else?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Now im 19 so im one of the "younger voters" you guys have mentioned but i like to think im pretty unique in who i vote for.... american election i wanted trump to win, not because im a "racist" as many of the other younger voters have said i wanted him to win because he was the only candidate that offered any palpable change. This election im totally opposite i want corbyn to win.

not because he a phenomenal candidate but because first hand ive seen how the tories have single handly brought a lot of this country to its knee's. (Anecdote) i was recently sent for an operation, tonsilectomoy, nothing too fancy a quick in and out job. Well complications arose about 3 weeks after surgery had massive arterial bleed lost between 1 and 2 litres of blood went too A&e quickly admitted had to wait 12 hours to fix the bleed because there was one on call anesthesiologist on call for a hospital that serves three counties. The only thing they could do was keep pumping me with blood. Anyway after speaking to my doctors the reason they had only one was due to "effciencys" code for government keeps being t***s and taking the money we use to pay the doctors...

The nucleat argument? Lets be perfectly honest we arent really detering anything. Anybody with half an ounce of grey matter knows once the first proper nuke flies the rest of the worlds stockpile goes up.
The terrorist sympathiser thing to be fair we've trying to kill these goat molesters for nearly 2 decades and are worse off than when we started and as no political candidate is going turn the middle east in to glass the only real alternative is to talk.

Finally the IRA thing you guys keep muttering on about is quite possibly one of the only thing i have slight problem with as someone who lost family in hyde park. I disagree with the good friday agrement and beleive all ira should of been hanged however it wasnt corbyn calling for the heads of the paras who defended themselves ... it was the tory government.
Anyway thanks for reading.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Funnily enough, we don't get that from the Irish anymore. Why is that? Oh yes, it's because we went to the negotiating table!!!

Go peddle your BS elsewhere please

Fantastic.

Set out the list of demands that the various Irish paramilitaries wanted.

Now, set out the list of demands that ISIS want met that don't involve your submission or death.

Tell me how you plan to negotiate that deal to everybody's satisfaction.

Go peddle your BS elsewhere please.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
DP.

Looks like he may even stand a chace of winning after May and Dunn's omnishables.

Strange how the notion she'd be a good Negotiator for Brexit was chosen as the slogan considering most UK groups walked out in protest to her polcies when shewas Home Secretary and even her stage-managed, adience managed campaign, press managed election campaign has been the worst campaign in poltiical hisotry seeing the greatest decline in poll numbers.
edit on 2-6-2017 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
DP.

Looks like he may even stand a chace of winning after May and Dunn's omnishables.

Strange how the notion she'd be a good Negotiator for Brexit was chosen as the slogan considering most UK groups walked out in protest to her polcies when shewas Home Secretary and even her stage-managed, adience managed campaign, press managed election campaign has been the worst campaign in poltiical hisotry seeing the greatest decline in poll numbers.

A good negotiator for Brexit? She doesn't even have the guts to stand on a stage with her political foes for fear of being publically annihilated. She was a absolute road crash on Paxman. She say's, Judge us on our record.? So far her record has seen 20,000 less police officers, 28,000 less Police support workers, 1400 less Armed police officers. NHS cut to the bone and ripe for the picking from profiteers. Tuition Fees, School underfunding, People dying because of benefit sanctions, Workfare etc etc...She was on TV last night telling a Nurse who has not seen a wage rise since 2009 that there is no magic money tree. Funny, They seem to find a money tree when it comes to a £369 million refurb for Buckingham palace. Here.

£200 billion for trident over 20 years, Here..

£55 billion for HS2..Here..

...and this cracker.. Rees-Mogg wife’s ancestral home benefits from £7.6m state rescue

No Magic money trees for some, but for others they have a magic money forrest.
edit on 3-6-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join