It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we should all vote for Jeremy Corybn

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
All this talk about Jeremy Corbyn wanting to negotiate with ISIS, where did you read this? Probably written in a journal owned by the Establishment either directly or through exploitation.

He has said you cannot negotiate with ISIS, because who represents them? What do they actually want?

As for the Falklands, well, you know how the civil servants at the top work. They are very much part of the Establishment and besides there are more than an handful of marines based there now.

I haven't voted Labour since 2001, but he is looking far more of a leader than Theresa May. That being said, Tim Farron is looking more of a leader than Theresa May.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I was out but i thought you may find this interesting.

IRA councillor welcomed back to Tory bosom

In a dramatic u-turn, Maria Gatland has been accepted back into the Conservatives.
The Croham ward councillor had been suspended by the Tory party following revelations she was a member of the provisional IRA in the 1970s.

www.croydonguardian.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

UK Independent

The British government should keep some form of diplomatic back-channel open to Isis in order to help move towards a political solution in Syria, Jeremy Corbyn has said.

Yeah, savages who torture and kill gay people and non believers.
Good luck negotiating there Corbyn, you weak snivelling weasel.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Yes it is an interesting story, thanks for sharing it to the class but personally I was aware of it.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I would be extremely surprised if most countries don't have a back door open regarding ISIS. The Turks certainly do, as do the Saudis and no doubt Israel. The U.S and Russia also.

The last paragraph of the article.

Mr Corbyn said he would not go as far as to open “dialogue” with the so-called “Islamic State”, which controls large parts of Iraq and Syria, but that not cutting off contact completely could have advantages.

He wouldn't go as far as to open dialogue.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

My biggest problem is that we have as a nation been struggling for the last decade as a result of labour incompetency with Blair and Brown. Standard of living has fallen, house prices gone up. Raising a family - especially childcare- was hard.

We need a stable brexit, the position is allegedly irreversible. His policies will bankrupt the nation, his cooperation with Nicola Sturgeon will break up the union. His links with Northern Ireland may well lead to all sorts of issues. He will not support the fight against radical Islam. We are ruined if he gets in.

Corbyn in Brexit negotiations - Merkin ( love that word) will destroy him

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Still ain't getting my vote, the # would have sold the Falkland Islanders out.
He's spineless and gutless, and the more I think about it, I reckon his negotiated deal with his school bully was probably more like he kept 10% of his lunch money.
If he had a packed lunch then the bully had the sandwiches, crisps, chocolate bar, and Corbyn kept the apple.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DrBobH

I share similar concerns, as I said, I wouldn't trust him as security for a kids birthday party, never mind our national security.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You're right there. He'd crap himself at the first party popper, run off and hide under a table in a party hat rocking.

A true leader would grab the silly string and have at it!

It's been a long day

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

He's spineless and gutless, and the more I think about it, I reckon his negotiated deal with his school bully was probably more like he kept 10% of his lunch money.
If he had a packed lunch then the bully had the sandwiches, crisps, chocolate bar, and Corbyn kept the apple.

I don't expect you to vote for him, but you are an intelligent person, don't believe the hype.

He wasn't even a M.P then, would have sold us out?

To be the leader of any party, it means to shred yourself of your fanciful principles, but stick to the core ones. I am certain Theresa May means well, but she is weak and wobbly and she has done her best to make Corbyn look good.

Sure people keep bringing up his past about connections to the IRA, but come on, MI5 were embroiled deeply in the republican movement, if they really thought Corbyn was a threat, then he would have been taken down. In fact if he was that embroiled, I am very surprised that a dossier has not already landed on Theresa May's desk, either as Home Secretary or P.M.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I 100% agree.

He's spineless and gutless,

When I first saw him coming into recent popularity, that's exactly the vibe I got off him -- spineless and weak. He'll buckle under any real form of pressure.

I dont really trust any politician, but anyone who downplays the severity of Islamic terrorism and implies it's the fault of the western world is a See You Next Tuesday sort of person in my book.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Sure people keep bringing up his past about connections to the IRA, but come on, MI5 were embroiled deeply in the republican movement, if they really thought Corbyn was a threat, then he would have been taken down.

It's not that I think he's involved or colluded with them. It's the fact that ANY sane person knew what the IRA was, what they stood for and more importantly, HOW they got their point across.

The fact that he was seen in friendly company with them, and supporting various people within the organisation, and, when questioned about whether he regrets his actions, he f**king slimes his way around a straight answer. I dont expect much from an MP, but if *I* we accused of sympathising with a terrorist organisation, and I wasn't, I would sure as HELL be expressing that I wasn't.

Maybe I missed the interviews where he categorically states he regrets it... but i dont think so.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Not wanting to get into this too much but when you look at the history of Ireland, the British were just as bad, look at what the Black and Tans got up to or the story of the Birmingham six, and Bloody Sunday

There were "good guys" during the troubles so I dont really see it as a reason not to vote for this guy almost 20 years later.
edit on 2-6-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Absolutely. I don't disagree at all. The British were not innocent and were pretty horrible. But those soldiers are not running for PM.

The point in question is an MP who wants to run the country. We live in an age where we're faced with groups of people who do not like out way of life. What sort of person do I want to lead my country? I want someone who will stand up and tell these people, these savages, to f**k off.

Corbyn doesn't strike me as the sort who would. He'd look to 'appease' the situation. To enter into negotiations with these savages. I'd rather die than concede to any group of people who want to drag us back intro the 13th century.

And his past, in my opinion, is telling of his future.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

..... MI5 were embroiled deeply in the republican movement, if they really thought Corbyn was a threat, then he would have been taken down.

The establishment might have had him heart-attacked like Bob Crow?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: 0racle

Its Labour or the torries, labour is the better of the two evils.

anyone who votes conservative needs their head looked at.

Anyone, and I mean anyone, who would think that Jeremy Corbyn is what the UK needs requires more than their heads to be looked at. This is a man who wants to negotiate with ISIS.

Source? Or otherwise shut up talking BS.
edit on 08/06/82 by jamespond because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

I 100% agree.

He's spineless and gutless,

When I first saw him coming into recent popularity, that's exactly the vibe I got off him -- spineless and weak. He'll buckle under any real form of pressure.

I dont really trust any politician, but anyone who downplays the severity of Islamic terrorism and implies it's the fault of the western world is a See You Next Tuesday sort of person in my book.

Like I've said on here before, it's not Jeremy Corbyn's fault that you haven't got a clue about western policy in the middle east since the end of the second world war.

Perhaps you should read up a little bit and then maybe i'll treat your comment with a bit more credibility.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I still wouldn't vote for him, but he nailed the Question Time leaders special just now.
Fair play to the #.
Nuclear deterrant thing he struggled though.
edit on 2.6.2017 by grainofsand because: Corbyn is a #, don't vote for his minions

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: jamespond
Like I've said on here before, it's not Jeremy Corbyn's fault that you haven't got a clue about western policy in the middle east since the end of the second world war.

Ah yes of course. Islamic terrorism is the fault of the western world. How silly of me.

Yes you're right. The UK needs someone who will negotiate with them in order to placate them. That's the best way to deal with savage barbarians -- rational discussions.

You should go up to Manchester and let the victims' families know where the blame resides. I'm sure they would be very welcoming to your thoughts.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

Sure people keep bringing up his past about connections to the IRA, but come on, MI5 were embroiled deeply in the republican movement, if they really thought Corbyn was a threat, then he would have been taken down.

It's not that I think he's involved or colluded with them. It's the fact that ANY sane person knew what the IRA was, what they stood for and more importantly, HOW they got their point across.

The fact that he was seen in friendly company with them, and supporting various people within the organisation, and, when questioned about whether he regrets his actions, he f**king slimes his way around a straight answer. I dont expect much from an MP, but if *I* we accused of sympathising with a terrorist organisation, and I wasn't, I would sure as HELL be expressing that I wasn't.

Maybe I missed the interviews where he categorically states he regrets it... but i dont think so.

How do you think peace came about?

Seriously, how do you think peace came about?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join