It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kathy Griffin teams up with Lisa Bloom to sue Donald Trump

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

edit on 2-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Okay, the best analogy I can come up with is ... The general public frowns on cops framing someone for a crime ... even if the person being framed is a really bad guy. Convict him of something he's actually done. Not a made up charge. That is what people are seeing here. A frame up. Even though they don't like Trump they know a frame up when they see it. It sets a bad precedent and makes a mockery of our justice system when the police do it. Same here.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
So...some stupid, used up piece of crap decides to participate in a photo shoot showing her holding the decapitated head of the President of the USA and gets in trouble for it...and now SHE is the VICTIM???

Hey Kathy...why don't you go crawl back into your hole! Tidbit of news for you...YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!

in hindsight, what i think her and her lawyer are trying to get out there is that we are all a victim of this villian.

They hardly talk about the severed head.

The severed head incident is nothing compared to what don is doing to America....that is sort of their point. I dont expect many people to get it.

That may be the point they were trying for but it isn't coming across that way. At least not judging by the responses on twitter. She is getting hammered from all sides for todays press conference.

honestly...i dont have twitter, but I can bet you that these liberals are NOT magically trump supporters over this.

I never said they becoming Trump supporters. I don't believe that either. I'm just saying in this instance, painting Trump as the villain is fast losing ground. If he had gone on a twitter rant it might have worked.But he didn't. IMO the never Trumpers are probably p***ed at KG because she totally effed this up. They have already said as much. "You hurt our cause KG" and other statements to that affect.

you are going to see what you want to get out of this whole debaucle of the severed head. Donnie IS a villian and KG and her lawyer claiming it is NOT going to change the mind of people who know this.

They may be upset bc the head thing was tasteless, but they are not going to change opinions just bc of it.

What if donnie was making a joke (he never would, hes not that funnY) holding up Hitlers severed head, would you all of a sudden empathize with Hitler and think "man, ya know...hes not that bad of a guy"

seriously...

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Okay, the best analogy I can come up with is ... The general public frowns on cops framing someone for a crime ... even if the person being framed is a really bad guy. Convict him of something he's actually done. Not a made up charge. That is what people are seeing here. A frame up. Even though they don't like Trump they know a frame up when they see it. It sets a bad precedent and makes a mockery of our justice system when the police do it. Same here.

a frame up?

lofl,

You guys just do not get dry humor, thats all.

No one thinks KG is framing don, omfg, lol

That is funny, you guys are funny and just need to let it go and enjoy the show

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Are you saying that LIberals are now trump supporters bc of KG?

I turned into a Trump voter during all the anti-Trump protests that started last spring, so it is possible.

Infact, I would say it is likely there are many former democrats due to the actions of the fringe left.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

You really don't get it do you? This is not about whether or not people dislike Trump or even think he's a villain. Claiming he's a bully because "He broke me" doesn't work in this case. He wasn't a bully to her and he didn't break her. She broke herself and people know it.

Now whether you like it or not, she has made it possible for people to discount other accusations of him being a bully because she cried wolf. How many times have we seen a criminal ( a real bad guy) be framed by the police just because they want him off the streets? And then they eventually prove they didn't do that specific crime (even though they've done plenty of other crimes that couldn't be proven). They get released, win a big court settlement and then people say "We can't trust our police". BUT BUT BUT ... he is a bad guy! Doesn't matter. And now people are far more distrustful of the accusers.

If you truly think he is a villain, you should be appalled at this because she actually hurt the cases of other, possibly true victims of his supposed villainy. It's just a really bad scene for all sides involved.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
My vote, after seeing the lunacy displayed, was AGAINST that lunacy, NOT for Trump.

I believe the lunacy has done nothing but escalate since the election and that will have negative consequences in upcoming elections for the lunatics.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

a frame up?

lofl,

No, the average person doesn't get her sense of humor. You already admitted as much in a previous post. People that don't 'understand her humor' are simply seeing a 'frame up'. You can scream it at the top of your lungs all day long about it being her sense of humor. They will never see it. They will not 'sit back and enjoy the show'. They will back away slooooowly from the crazy person while reaching for their tazers.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

a frame up?

lofl,

No, the average person doesn't get her sense of humor. You already admitted as much in a previous post. People that don't 'understand her humor' are simply seeing a 'frame up'. You can scream it at the top of your lungs all day long about it being her sense of humor. They will never see it. They will not 'sit back and enjoy the show'. They will back away slooooowly from the crazy person while reaching for their tazers.

well, good thing you will probably never be near her or close to her in real life so you will not have to be scared.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

a frame up?

lofl,

She defames herself, she is always making fun of herself. I... in no way...believe she has any case on donnie. She can try, heck, anyone can try. This does NOT hurt anyones case...if anything, it gives them confidence to step up.

I am laughing about all of this, im just not sure if its WITH her or AT her.

I am also laughing at all the butthurt, it seems like every one is being raped in the A...(is that what butthurt means?, i dunno, im sure it was a distasteful adjective made up by a trump lvr)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth

You know, she is a really bad actor. If she considered the head hanging picture comedy, she needs to go back to comedy school. She evidently thinks she can get away with any sick stuff because she is a comedian? I think this woman needs to go spend some time in a mental institution. The majority of people in the country, Republicans and Democrats, thought that was sick. So is she going to sue everyone in the country too?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

All this proves to me is that really, she is cut from the same dishonest, self-serving, histrionically narcissistic cloth as Donald Trump.

I hate them both. They aren't even sentient beings really.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The reason this particular example of her brand of 'edgy' humor fell flat and bit her in the ass...is because it is blatantly obvious to EVERYONE (but her, apparently) that, here, she takes her hatred more seriously than her humor.

Great humor is based in truth...not in hate.
edit on 2-6-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

And she claims the photo shoot was "art" but it was blatant and in your face. There was no art to it.

All I can guess is that she thought there was a massive Resistance to Trump out there somewhere, so she bought into the media created illusion that most of us know is crap.

People may not love Trump, but they don't hate him like it's being portrayed, either. So, her art went over like a lead balloon, and most people think it's disgusting and there is no Resistance to ride to the rescue.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

And yet, you admit there is truth there -- she hates the president and her art made that much obvious. And it made the whole thing ugly rather than funny.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

She's just scum. You know the actor, Gary Busey? He was in a motorcycle accident in the late 80's and suffered permanent brain damage when his skull was fractured. He wasn't wearing a helmet. He hasn't been the same since.

KG did a standup comedy monologue making fun of him in the worst kind of way. It was sad and hurtful and I wanted to just bitch-slap that p.o.s. dog of a human. Never have liked her. She's a loser and a heartless unfunny nobody.

edit on 2-6-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I don't like her either. She's always had a real nasty undertone to her.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

She's just scum. You know the actor, Gary Busey? He was in a motorcycle accident in the late 80's and suffered permanent brain damage when his skull was fractured. He wasn't wearing a helmet. He hasn't been the same since.

KG did a standup comedy monologue making fun of him in the worst kind of way. It was sad and hurtful and I wanted to just bitch-slap that p.o.s. dog of a human. Never have liked her. She's a loser and a heartless unfunny nobody.

Getting all Antifa like?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Only if stating an impulse makes it an action.

Having seen Kathy Griffin at work, I agree that her comedy isn't funny. There is a mean spirit underneath a lot of it and always has been. That might be why she isn't as successful as she clearly wants to be.

People like to feel like they are laughing with you, not like you are laughing at them.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

She might not be funny but the reaction is funny. But threats against her, while ironic, is not so funny.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join