It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Is NOT One of Them

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Kettu
a reply to: Metallicus

Nearly everything you enjoy right now is because of the government.

I promise you the Government doesn't have anything to do with what I enjoy.

You must not enjoy the internet ...

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

In order to gain all the possible energy out of different wavelengths in solar it is going to cost HUGE $$$$.

Right now we harness only 15% if I understand the science, and I might not. But no one is going to put the $$$ out there. It is uncertain and the risks are too big. Public money can be pissed away a little easier or a lot easier if you look at some of the goat screws that have been accomplished.

The reward for a full spectrum solar panel would be unimaginable. But who is going to pay when every quarter you damn well better have better profit numbers or it is your ass in the private sector?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Nearly everything you enjoy right now is because of the government.

I promise you the Government doesn't have anything to do with what I enjoy.

You must not enjoy the internet ...

Family, coaching, cookouts, reading...the internet is cool, but the Government is more of a hindrance than a help.

I lived three decades without the internet or cell phones.

We don't need those things to be happy.
edit on 2017/6/2 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I wholeheartedly agree that the Paris climate deal was not in the best interest of either the USA or the globe as a whole.

You'll love this:

Mayor McSleaze of Miami Beach, a city I lived in for 3 years, just got Tucker-punched.

I hope to move back to MB in time for his reelection campaign so I can vote against him, assuming that there will be a viable, qualified, conservative candidate to challenge him.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

That accurately displays how most arguments transpire on ATS. Nice find!

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Credit where credit is due, my hat's off to Tucker.

I used to hate him on Crossfire some years ago, but since he took over for Megan Kelly, and then O'Reilly, he has been knocking it out of the park with his debate skills.

I think I've only seen him, once or twice, where I didn't agree with his logic. Overall, he has a great success rate in political discourse.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

The Paris Agreement is not ushering in a one world government and nothing has changed except that our credibility took a ding and fossil fuel billionaires (who I suppose aren't part of the "Globalists" either) will be getting a bit richer.

How does one agree to the Paris accord...actually a treaty, and America takes the biggest hit. You know we are not the biggest entity here polluting the world, right? America takes the biggest hit while China and India get a 20 years free pass go card. They can continue to build coal plants to their heart desire etc as they out pollute the rest to the world like 10x and somehow Europe/America will counter act that.

What saves the world is technology and how technology creates cleaner methods that is not only better but cheaper and safer. Countries like China, India, Russia are a long way from where the rest of us are at today. The US just though technology has reduced our green house effect by 18% since the early 90s, so it can only get better, we do not need to be hamstrung by the Paris accord that basically screws America every which way and everyone else gets a break.

Once again Trump said he is willing to make a deal that is not so aggressive with America...remember Obama said that if we make everything to expensive then people will be force to conserve, is that what you want? Lets put everyone in a situation where the pay 10 bucks a gallon gas and live in 900 sq ft house and just make a living with that...I'm sure throwing in Michelle's diet plan and we could all live on seaweed too...

One thing to think about this is a treaty and that requires a 3/4 vote by Congress I believe and Obama basically said naw we do not need Congress on this. The Paris accord is basically illegal by out government, and maybe Trump realizes that.

edit on 2-6-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Yeah, well if I had a penny for every time I said something stupid, I'd have a small loan of a million dollars as well.
edit on 2-6-2017 by Jimmycrackerson3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Lets put everyone in a situation where the pay 10 bucks a gallon gas and live in 900 sq ft house and just make a living with that...I'm sure throwing in Michelle's diet plan and we could all live on seaweed too...

Have you ever had a seaweed salad? They're actually pretty tasty, and very healthy. I highly recommend them.

One thing to think about this is a treaty and that requires a 3/4 vote by Congress I believe and Obama basically said naw we do not need Congress on this. The Paris accord is basically illegal by our government, and maybe Trump realizes that.

Agreed 100%.

It was also illegal to give billions of dollars to Iran, that's why Obama sent a plane with Swiss Francs, Euros, & British Pounds, all to circumvent that pesky little law that prevents the United States and other members in the United Nations from contributing financially to a state that sponsors terrorism.

Had Obama given Iran any real US $, he would be in violation of international law.

Don't you just love lawyers & central banks?

edit on 6/2/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

You and I have a very different world view.

Clearly.

Our oil and gas industry employees millions of Americans in high paying jobs. These are Americans with families to feed and mortgages. I don't hate the oil companies like you do...I appreciate them.

I don't "hate the oil companies" at all. In fact, I fully appreciate the role of fossil fuels historically and to this very day. I also know that lots of people work in the fossil fuel industry and it's a good living.

And?

Should we have not moved onto cars from the horse and buggy because it put buggy makers out business and stable hands out of work? Should we have nixed the spinning frame because it displaced spinners and their spinning wheels? Why on Earth would we not just stymie the transition away from fossil fuels but regress?

You want to know what REAL energy independence means? You're concerned with our national sovereignty?

It means an end to conflicts over limited reserves of fuels yanked from the ground. It means an end to the undue influence of oil and gas rich countries. Lots of people believe that the conflict in Syria is a pipeline war. Wouldn't it be nice to end those? Let's not forget the role that natural gas pipelines have played in Russian meddling with Ukrainian politics. Wouldn't it be great if Russia couldn't just turn the gas off on Ukraine or threaten to shutdown the supply to large swaths of Eastern Europe?

How about if our economy didn't rise and fall on the whim of other nations? How many recessions from the last 40 years were caused by spikes in oil prices? Would anyone miss those?

And wouldn't it be nice to pay less for energy? Less money to get around, less money to power your home?

It also means an end to a heavily subsidized industry that dumps millions and millions into lobbying to protect its profits and millions into influencing the public opinion? Wouldn't that be nice?

I haven't even started talking about environmental impact, pollution or global warming. Is there any of this that doesn't sound good to you? I doubt it. Right up through global warming, these are all very nonpartisan and without the fossil fuel industry funding denialism, watch how quickly that ceases to be a political debate.

And if the energy from fossil fuels helped our society flourish to this point, just imagine what we can do with a lot more of it.

We should be pursuing new energy sources with everything we've got. What is the downside? Disrupting the jobs of people in the industry? All the more reason that the US should get way out in front on this. I'd rather invest in the future than subsidize the past.

Donald Trump has proven himself the UBER globalist. It's not just his views on fossil fuels, he's promoting an agenda straight out of the 80's right down to fattening up the military industrial complex with increased "defense" spending and trickle-down failnomics.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Why on Earth would we not just stymie the transition away from fossil fuels but regress?

Because this deal is not about transitioning away from fossil fuels, it's about the US giving billions of dollars to China & India when we are $20 trillion, with a t, in debt.

And who owns our debt?

China.

There is no reciprocation, it's all a front for globalism. How anyone could read the details of this deal and believe what they were told by Obama is laughable at best.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   
ATS seems to be all about high fives and back slaps for the alt-right crowd.

call me a libtard and get 5 stars, start a thread supporting trump get 50 flags, that's honestly how it seems.

In decades to come people will look back on what Trump has done and see it as the turning point in the demise of America. America is great because she has always looked outwards into the world, taking the lead on the global stage and Trump with this announcement has just reversed all of that. In the short terms I think this will be good for America, it will save some jobs but in the long term its going to be a disaster.

Trump might as well have just give the rest of the world the figure. He has sent a message to the entire world saying America can no longer be relied on to keep up its international commitments. The rest of the world does not need America, we can get on just fine with you. As another member pointed out economically renewable are starting to take over fossil fuels and America is going to be left behind in this energy revolution.

Then when your oil runs out what are you going to do?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

America is great because she has always looked outwards into the world, taking the lead on the global stage and Trump with this announcement has just reversed all of that.

No, wrong. Nothing to do with Trump actually.

The USA, New Zealand and Canada have the highest rate of charitable donations as a percentage gross domestic product (GDP), the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) found.

www.independent.co.uk...

According to a new analysis from oil and gas consulting firm Rystad Energy, the United States is the country with the largest volume of oil reserves, with Russia and Saudi Arabia coming in second and third, respectively.

fortune.com...

I think we'll be fine regarding oil. Hopefully we are long past the point of needing them in the very near future.

Americans in effect are giving a huge middle finger to those who would take our tax dollars for their own gain. This also goes for our own.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

You do know that oil is a finite resource right?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

If you refuse to read my post, why respond?

Hopefully we are long past the point of needing them in the very near future.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   

I'm sorry.

You'll have to remind me, again, who it is that is stopping you or anybody from creating the newest form of efficient energy?

I mean, really? Who or what is standing in your way to invent the newest form of energy that will make fossil fuel consumption obsolete?

It certainly isn't Trump, and it certainly isn't this 'deal.'

Please let me remind you, that when Barack-The-Man-God-Hussein-Obama became president in 2009 one of the first things he did was defund the federal money that had been allocated for NASA.

You know, NASA? That one government sector that could actually yield this messianic form of energy, here to make fossil fuels obsolete?

The level of ignorance and hypocrisy is astounding.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

You'll have to remind me, again, who it is that is stopping you or anybody from creating the newest form of efficient energy?

Nobody actually in Scotland 50% of our energy comes from renewable and that figure continues to rise, we have actually now had a entire day where the whole country has been powered by renewable. We are even building a nice big windfarm right across from Trumps golf course which i love!. The renewable sector has brought loads of jobs and money to the country, we are now world leaders in tidal wave energy.

The issue I have actually is more than just environmental. Its the fact that Trump is now saying to the rest of the world that America will not keep up with its international commitments. This will make America a scapegoat now, when climate change becomes irreversible, we will blame Trump, rightly or wrongly over this decision.
edit on 2-6-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Not running out anytime soon, plenty of time to transition.

Don't need anymore taxpayer subsidized energy in North America, have about all we can afford as it is.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I hope you are right but I am still not convinced ... I believe in the globalist conspiracy and that Clinton, Bush, Obama et al are all puppets thereof, however, just because Trump has pulled out of the climate agreement does not necessarily mean he is not one of them ... it could simply mean that the globalists are trying to control both sides ... What better way to control the planet than to control both sides of the argument? ...
edit on 2-6-2017 by johnrobca because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
He's not ''One of Them'' because he's too stupid to be allowed into their little club.
edit on 2-6-2017 by Pitou because: fixed a word

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join