It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Is NOT One of Them

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+67 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I think it is important to point out that it is highly unlikely that Trump is part of the Bush / Clinton / Obama Globalists or the real "Powers That Be".

The Paris accord was an integral part of the Globalist plot to supersede sovereign nations and their independence. There is no way anyone that actually worked for the Globalists would have kept their promise and pulled us out of that treaty. They may have lied about it as a campaign promise, but no way would they actually have followed through.

I have never felt better about my vote and more sure that I made the right choice. As much as I disagreed with Bernie's politics; if he HAD been able to overcome the DNC and Hillary; America could have experienced its first completely free election in ages.

You may not agree with Trump, but he isn't 'one of them'.

God bless Donald Trump and the U.S.A.

edit on 2017/6/1 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Trump made a lot of very very very rich people slightly less very very very rich today.

The Paris statement will be his "read my lips" or "the police acted stupidly" moment in time.

But in a good way.

edit on 1-6-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I agree 110% with every word of your Opening Post. President Trump is unique...almost like a modern-day MOSES, isn't he?

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

No Metallicus, God bless you.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Ah yes this non-binding agreement was such a dreadful 'deal' of a thing.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Some people don't really understand what the real battle is about, but I'm glad there are a few that do understand.
Trump really knocked it out of the park today! That speech was one of his best!

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I think it's important to point out that your support of Donald Trump is apparently built on your belief that he is combating an evil cabal comprised — conveniently — of whomever you decide is a part of it.

The Paris Agreement is not ushering in a one world government and nothing has changed except that our credibility took a ding and fossil fuel billionaires (who I suppose aren't part of the "Globalists" either) will be getting a bit richer. This wasn't about sovereignty, it was about money and a cockamamie scheme that was hinted at by Trump economic advisor Stephen Moore last summer in a speech to the CNP — an actual secretive group with a members list (including Bannon, Conway, Erik Prince & Betsy DeVos's mother, etc) and a desire to consolidate political power.

It's simple. The plan? Do everything possible to encourage more fossil fuel production and *poof* raging economy.

Behind Closed Doors, Donald Trump’s Adviser Explains His Real Economic Plan

“If we promote American energy and use our coal, and our oil, and our natural gas and nuclear power, not only can the United States be energy-independent in five or six years, we can be the dominant energy power in the world,” Moore said at the meeting.

“You’re talking about 6 to 8 million more jobs. And these are trucking jobs, construction, engineering, pipe-fitting jobs, welding jobs. I think Trump has a great chance to go to these industrial unions and tell them, ‘I’ll put your members to work and create new jobs, unlike these lunatics over here, like Tom Steyer and Hillary Clinton, who want to put you out of business.’ So that’s a big big part of the agenda.”

It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense when you consider the 5 year crude oil prices but then again, Moore is kind of a kook.

And even if managed a short term boost in the economy, at what cost? It's certainly not a winning strategy for even the next few decades. Just more squandered opportunity to ensure US leadership in new energy. The sort of thing favored by the same far-right establishment folks who have been fighting a war against solar for years and years.

But hey, just like global warming, that'll be somebody else's problem right?
edit on 2017-6-1 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Yes, doing what he did went directly against the establishment with an expletive. Being fair and balanced (i hope) he also gave a go ahead for oil and coal companies. As long as they don't go back on current standards this should be a win.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I'm an agnostic and obviously not at all religious, but I have to admit that I have said this very thing everyday since November 8, 2016.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You and I have a very different world view.

Our oil and gas industry employees millions of Americans in high paying jobs. These are Americans with families to feed and mortgages. I don't hate the oil companies like you do...I appreciate them.

See for yourself...Labor Statistics

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I thought all the solar facilities were failing due to millions of birds flying into the reflection and "frying"?
Are you an animal hater?

So if we give you $3,000,000,000,000 you will like us?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

The future jobs are in renewables. Exxon knows this, and it was why they wanted the USA to sign onto the Paris Agreement. Hell, even Rex Tillerson advised Trump to sign on.

Exxon can benefit from taxpayer (gov. subsidized) research/development and infrastructure investments. Public risk, private benefits.

The rest of the world will leave us behind when it comes to innovating new technologies that will no doubt trickle into other fields.

The entire thing was totally non-binding anyway. It's not like the USA would be held accountable if they didn't put forth much effort.

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Exxon can benefit from taxpayer (gov. subsidized) research/development and infrastructure investments. Public risk, private benefits.

So you want me to subsidize (pay for) Exxon to innovate?

No thanks. Subsidies are a terrible idea...all of them.

E.T.A. Exxon is a multi-billion dollar company...they can afford to innovate without public monies.
edit on 2017/6/2 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Meanwhile in the EU and the rest of the world, those countries will be using public monies to further research and development into renewable energy technologies (even fusion) and leave the USA in the dust.

Most if not all of the largest technological innovations and medical advancements all started out in public, tax-payer funded universities.

If you've taken ANY medicine or had ANY medical treatment, you benefited from public subsidized, grant-funded research.

The fact is, you are communicating over the internet...something that was initially subsidized by tax-payer money through the government.

So, never go to the doctor or use any kind of technology ever again. Then, if you can pass your message via pen/paper to someone who uses the internet...get back to me.

Your attitude is the same as Greenpeace environmentalists who protest oil drilling, while using gas-powered boats.

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Why is it every liberal idea involves Government (i.e. Public) sticking their greedy little hands into my wallet? If something is worth being developed it will be...because it will pay for itself. People pay for things they want...if it can't pay for itself it wasn't wanted in the first place.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

You obviously also did not fully comprehend what I was saying.

No, we the public are not paying for Exxon to innovate. What I am saying is that the "heavy lifting" or the initial research needed to bring advanced renewables to market is funded by we, the people.

Exxon doesn't "innovate" anything. They bootstrap on top of existing tax funded research that we all pay for, because we want companies like Exxon to use that research to create jobs...using that new technology to create new products that make our lives better and help the economy.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Nearly everything you enjoy right now is because of the government.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I can agree with almost all of that.

The only thing that is maddening is the price we pay for what we already bought. (I know way over simplistic)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

Nearly everything you enjoy right now is because of the government.

I promise you the Government doesn't have anything to do with what I enjoy.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I can agree with almost all of that.

The only thing that is maddening is the price we pay for what we already bought. (I know way over simplistic)

Hell yeah I agree with that. Especially in the medical field.

A lot of the innovations in cancer treatment are simply to costly for private or publicly traded companies to do on their own, so cooperation between public universities (who are funded by the people like you and me) make the research possible.

What kills me is how big pharma runs wild with costs in the USA, meanwhile costs are negotiated in other countries due to single payer systems.

It's not as easy as that ... but that's the gist of it.

A lot of advanced things we take for granted simply are to daunting for private companies to take on by themselves. I seriously doubt any private company could have sent a man to the Moon...start to finish in less than 10 years during the space race.

So many of modern life is made possible due to military tech that found homes in the civilian world. And that tech was funded by tax payers.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join