It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pittsburgh mayor fires back at Trump: My city will follow Paris agreement

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
So Trump uses the City of Pittsburgh (Pennsylvania) to compare and emphasize his dedication to the U.S. in regards to his rejection of the Paris Climate Accord.

The Mayor of Pittsburgh wasted no time in "responding" back with negativity !!

Mayor Bill Peduto cited a few irrelevant facts and said Pittsburgh will follow the Paris Agreement !!!

Oh Happy Day !!

Pittsburgh mayor fires back at Trump: My city will follow Paris agreement

The mayor of Pittsburgh fired back at President Trump Thursday for his use of the city in rationalizing withdrawing from the Paris climate agreement, saying the city will continue to follow the deal.

Bill Peduto (D) tweeted Thursday that "it's now up to cities to lead" after Trump announced that the U.S. will pull out of the Paris climate deal.

Trump referenced Pittsburgh in his speech announcing the decision to withdraw, saying, "I was elected to represent the citizens of Pittsburgh, not Paris."

Peduto fired back, tweeting, "Fact: Hillary Clinton received 80% of the vote in Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh stands with the world & will follow Paris Agreement."

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Somebody needs to remind him that Trump won Pennsylvania.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Does he plan on sending money from the hardworking taxpayers of Pittsburgh to Paris? They may have something to say about that.

Pittsburgh is not prevented in any way from proceeding with environmentally protective policies.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Aaaand his city will keep back sliding into its high crime democrat utopian hell hole!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I'm sure the major is comfortable (for now) and is doing well. The citizens on average have note received a raise since the mid 1970's, pay the most for health care any where. Oh and we get a medical outcome at #37 behind COLUMBIA among industrialized nations.

It is time for someone to make some decisions. And it will be painful and scary.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
His choice, good for him!?
Hope it works out for him.

States rights, but voters will judge him.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Did you know that Robocop was filmed in Pittsburgh, not Detroit?

They should push on and have the whole place look legit:

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I remember the same hysteria when W abandoned the Kyoto accords...

Meanwhile, America continues to lessen its pollution without the need for Europeans and asians dictating our policy...

We prefer to innovate and drink clean water and don't need a bunch of former communists preaching at our environmental impact...

Though, to be fair, the 20 million Mao and Stalin each killed did reduce carbon emissions...
So that's good for the environmentalists bottom line...

Those pesky humans and their incessant need to breath...

-Chris

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Great do whatever you want.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Let the mayor figure out how much it the Paris Agreement cost everyone and then he can tax the citizens of his city. See how long he lasts.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Now the citizens of Pittsburgh can get rid of their stupid mayor.

Same thing happened in Cincinnati. Douchebag mayor John Cranley decided we were a 'sanctuary' city. I can't wait to vote.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Aaaand his city will keep back sliding into its high crime democrat utopian hell hole!

You hit the nail on the head! I live an hour north of that city and the Progressive governing has not only allowed the racial crime to run rampant, they have been very receptive to Catholic Charities to continue bringing in refugees when they can't even take care of the homeless Americans living out of garbage cans and card board boxes!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Now the citizens of Pittsburgh can get rid of their stupid mayor.

Same thing happened in Cincinnati. Douchebag mayor John Cranley decided we were a 'sanctuary' city. I can't wait to vote.

I hope you are right, but as a native Pennsylvanian, I wouldn't count on it! If we last that long in 2 years Pittsburgh will be just as bad as Chicago!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I guess the mayor is looking to flip his district to the Republican ticket at the next election. More democratically elected officials should follow his lead. Eventually, the taxpayers will realize that they are working to directly support some dictator in a far off land that doesn't give one iota about them and their families.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Doesnt this prove that it was not necessary. You should be able to do the right thing without someone telling you to do it. Process your own moral compass and do what you think is right, but dont try enforce it on everyone else.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

So Trump puts Pittsburg's citizens before Paris' citizens, and the idiot mayor decides to respond by essentially putting Paris' citizens before his own?

Lol.

Liberals.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: WUNK22

You hit the nail on the head! I live an hour north of that city and the Progressive governing has not only allowed the racial crime to run rampant, they have been very receptive to Catholic Charities to continue bringing in refugees when they can't even take care of the homeless Americans living out of garbage cans and card board boxes!

Wow! Think what all the millions and millions of taxpayer money that went into the global Green Fund could have done for that city's problems! President Trump said today that nobody even knows where all that money went!

(post by RazorV66 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Somebody needs to remind him that Trump won Pennsylvania.

Yeah ... after the establishment-politik took their sweet-azz time properly counting the votes. They were hoping for any go-ahead nod to throw the election for Hillary.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

So Trump puts Pittsburg's citizens before Paris' citizens, and the idiot mayor decides to respond by essentially putting Paris' citizens before his own?

Lol.

Liberals.

Way to not understand the issues and use name calling!

The issue is the US working on the world stage as an example. Instead Trump wants to isolate the US the on the world stage because "businesses". Rofl can he be any more transparent as a corporate stooge?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join