It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Global Warmists Practice What They Preach?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I don't believe you're a horrible human being and know you probably do care about animals so that only leaves one option, being a hypocrite just as a global warmist is a hypocrite for fueling global warming.

I think we need to all step back a little and reevaluate what we are saying, myself especially. Having such anger and hate directed at each other constantly isn't healthy for the community in general in my opinion.
edit on 6/1/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: D8Tee

So you agree with the conditions of factory farms and the suffering of millions of animals every day? They're in there right now suffering and you don't care. You're heartless.

I can't do a lot about the factory farms. I grew up on a farm but it was not intensive livestock management like they have now. I try to make good choices when I eat, but really, I have no idea where most of my food is coming from. I'm not heartless.
edit on 1-6-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

So basically the factory farm meat is convenient for you to buy and consume so you ignore what happens while it is being prepared, just like a global warmist does the same thing with literally fueling global warming.

I know you're not heartless, I apologize for saying that.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: GodEmperor

I just had some candied peanuts, not sure they'd be much different than roasted beetles.

I'm not a Global Warmist and I ate a lot of bugs today.
I was riding my bike 15 miles through the woods.

Ummm...I was riding my Bike well over a hundred today and ate a lot of bugs...or rather...my full face helmet snacked on the lot of them...

Not a warmist...that cowboy cut of prime rib roast I had for dinner sure was tasty...along with the corn on the cob and baked potato...natch...

I exhale carbon dioxide profusely in all the warmists general direction...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
June bugs taste like cheesy-poofs.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I wanted to make a thread on the documentary 'Cowspiracy' but it seems to be taken down everywhere. I wonder why?

Animal agriculture is the number 1 cause to global warming, by a HUGE margin.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
You mean the global warmists that are flying all over the world trying to convince people to quit wasting fuel? I think the people leading the fight of curbing global warming contribute the most to destroying the environment. That is not a new thing, lots of environmental groups did the same thing in the past..

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: IAMTAT

Do you agree with animals living their entire lives in their own filth and inside of cages and pens? If not then stop buying meat from the grocery store because that's where 99% of it comes from, factory farms where profit is more important than the welfare of the animals.

You're a hypocrite if you don't.

Yet, you mentioned how much you loved steak?

Do you ever reread what you posted or do you just go on with your mixed up views trying to seem relevant?

How many of those steaks that you eat came from the same source you just complained about?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I'm not the one saying I don't care that the animals are mistreated.

Do you agree with the way factory farms treat animals? If not then you are no different than a global warmist who contributes to global warming by driving a car or (as ridiculously put in the OP) not eating bugs.

You can't call someone a hypocrite for contributing to something they think is bad and then turn around and do the same thing yourself. That would just make you twice the hypocrite they are.
edit on 6/2/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
June bugs taste like cheesy-poofs.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

As far as how animals are treated go, my caring only go so far as to how they will taste. Animals that are slaughtered ignorant and happy of what is happening, they taste better. It's the same for wild game, you want it killed quickly otherwise the stress and fear reduces the meat quality. I don't care about how animals are treated beyond that.

Now, you are claiming that eating insects is not a serious way to reduce GHG, yet that is what scientists and news outlets have been claiming. Are you saying that a consensus of scientists does not make something true?

If you really cared about stopping climate change, don't eat that steak. I've already posted a link that explained how 18%, or close to 1/5 of GHG contribution is from livestock rearing. That's a big chunk of CO2 you can wipe out if global warmists stick to eating cockroaches, especially if you raise them in your house, saves on co2 emissions from transportation.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

how many roaches do you eat?
what about bugs in general

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I believe increased CO2 levels is beneficial to the environment.

I don't eat insects, I would be open to try them, but not for the reason of stopping climate change.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

hahahahah
well ok
thanks for answering
roasted crickets taste like sunflowers

give em a try

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Will do.

Out of curiosity...

How many crickets would it take to make a meal, and how much space would be required to have a self-sustainable cricket farm?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor

Will do.

Out of curiosity...

How many crickets would it take to make a meal, and how much space would be required to have a self-sustainable cricket farm?

# man i dont know.
i dont buy them all the time. when i go to that candy shop i get some cause i like to try and get people to eat them. as i said i wind up eating them.

to make a meal? prob a lot
you do know how big a cricket is?

space for a farm? prob not much. a lot of people in the fish and reptile keeping community do it in their houses.
start a thread in pets and i bet you get some answers

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The issue has less to do with what is practiced but with the results of global warming.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join