It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoax Exposed, no effort to renegotiate Paris Agreement.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Obeyme left a sour taste in America's mouth and Trump is the mouthwash.

Occasionally someone comes up with a sentence that perfectly describes something.

May I borrow this one?

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: D8Tee

Germany is so close to having a working fusion reactor they don't care about fossil fuels anymore.

That must be why they are burning 40 percent of their timber production to generate electricity. Carbon Neutral don't ya know! Sends a message to every third world country to start chopping down the forests and burning them.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: Greven

Why should they 'renegotiate' the Paris Agreement simply because the U.S. left it?

Regardless of the weak, horribly belated efforts to combat man-made climate change, it still doesn't change the simple physics:
Energetic radiation radiates from the Sun's surface.
Some of this radiation reaches the Earth, penetrates the atmosphere, and is absorbed by the surface of the Earth.
Less energetic radiation radiates from the Earth's surface.
Some of that less energetic radiation is absorbed and re-emitted by greenhouse gases.
More greenhouse gases means more heat redistribution nearer to the surface.
Carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas.
We are increasing carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.

You do understand what an agreement is, right? Both parties must agree, yes?

Obeyme left a sour taste in America's mouth and Trump is the mouthwash.

You do understand there are more than 2 parties to this agreement, yes?

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

And don't forget the off setter, the rain forest. And the gulf stream and acid rain and... etc.

I don't understand how the Accord works if we pay for most of it, some of the worst offenders wont commit to carbon level/temperature reduction. And if you believe science, if we cut to zero today, we're still goin in the oven before things get better. I think our only hope is technology and there's enough energy left to populate other planets. The population issue isn't getting any better either.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

When 9/11 happened, all planes were grounded for several days.
Nonsense, three days isn't long enough to tell anything and those studies were bunk anyways. Get it out of your head that they have any meaning.

You don't know what you're talking about at all.
Get that through your skull.

The temperature moderating effects of clouds are well-documented and one that your AGW 'skeptic'/denier side uses all time to play down warming.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Why should poor people in the U.S. pay for this scam ?

Why should people who don't have electricity pay for U.S. emissions?

You are unable to debate the science behind it, so you put out these idiotic platitudes.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Watch people flip out when Trump announces he's going to defund the UNFCCC.

“Just as Congress cut off funds to the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) when the ‘State of Palestine’ joined that organization in 2011, so now it should terminate funding for the UNFCCC and its related bodies, such as the Green Climate Fund.”

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
There was never going to be another 'deal'. Please.

The only comfort I have is that all this excuse of "MAGA", will be over in time, and all his BS can be UNDONE.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Fake reports.

I've killed your hoax threads before, and I don't really care all that much about uninformed opinions to the contrary.

Try to do the same.
edit on 21Thu, 01 Jun 2017 21:12:02 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike.Ockizard

And don't forget the off setter, the rain forest. And the gulf stream and acid rain and... etc.

I don't understand how the Accord works if we pay for most of it, some of the worst offenders wont commit to carbon level/temperature reduction. And if you believe science, if we cut to zero today, we're still goin in the oven before things get better. I think our only hope is technology and there's enough energy left to populate other planets. The population issue isn't getting any better either.

We're historically the worst offender and presently almost the worst; China has actually scaled back emissions rather drastically, though.

To be fair, the accord is mostly not going to help. It just helps less with the U.S. out.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike.Ockizard

The science does not say were are going in an oven.

The semi-empirical computer models indicate some warming in the future but they don't have a good track record of being right. There is no alarming trend in the empirical data.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

A real trailblazing stab !!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
They will eventually come back, with a cobbled together deal, none of them actually agree on, and Trump will kick it into the long grass.

Meanwhile America is then competing on a global scale again, and I damn well hope the Brits sit up, take notice and hang onto it’s coat tails.

It’s a long time overdue that the UK supports the US again instead of an insular, economically stagnant EU, run by Germany (what an effing surprise)!
edit on 1-6-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Off course it's bullsht , this man single handily destroyed American credibility, this kind of jaw dropping stupidity, is difficult for American expats to explain to our host countries.. Sigh!!..

Do you think that that India and China (and other countries) want to do anything that costs them? — and that is what Trump will demand. By offering to renegotiate he puts them in the position of displaying their complete hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
There was never going to be another 'deal'. Please.

The only comfort I have is....., will be over in time, and all his BS can be UNDONE.

Welcome to the Obama years.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Why should they 'renegotiate' the Paris Agreement simply because the U.S. left it?

They're not interested in saving the world from the dangers of C02 now? interesting, maybe they don't think it's the clear and present danger that the MSM has led us to believe?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Guess I watched to much of Leonardo DeCaprios global warming documentary. You may be right but as far as the Accord goes, my thinking is they needed us more than we need them and the freak out has to do with getting less money and the globalization movement being dissolved

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Regardless of the weak, horribly belated efforts to combat man-made climate change, it still doesn't change the simple physics:
Energetic radiation radiates from the Sun's surface.
Some of this radiation reaches the Earth, penetrates the atmosphere, and is absorbed by the surface of the Earth.
Less energetic radiation radiates from the Earth's surface.
Some of that less energetic radiation is absorbed and re-emitted by greenhouse gases.
More greenhouse gases means more heat redistribution nearer to the surface.
Carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas.
We are increasing carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.

If you think about the OP and what is implied, you can quickly see this had noting to do with AGW, and everything to do with a power group and a money grab.

None of this negates anything at all about Climate Change. The climate is still changing and likely will continue. And we as a nation are still free to continue exploring new and better ways to energize our nation. We are also free to work with other nations. We just now have a few billion more to do it with.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Is all about the global bank and their green fund, scam and without the US to back the scam their venture is going to become smoke and air.

That is what people has not been told, the real reason behind the clima change.

Green fund, Global bank, investors = scam.

No money no deals.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Indeed, global treaties never worked out well. Countries that don't agree will be loosing a lot of money now, but that problem will be solved by the working class right?.
Never ever believe the government, just a bunch of hypocritical bastards playing dirty chess.

Spending more money isn't going to save the planet, spending less money might do the trick.

Just for the fun of it

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join