It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plot holes in the bible and what the motivation for it would be

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

originally posted by: ReyaPhemhurth
Can anyone provide a sound argument as to why God created Satan? Would love to see someone argue this plot hole.

Probably to oversee beings that are similar to it.

That's a great idea, putting lex Luthor in charge of arkham asylum.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

Can anyone provide a sound argument as to why God created Satan? Would love to see someone argue this plot hole.

Probably to oversee beings that are similar to it.

That's a great idea, putting lex Luthor in charge of arkham asylum.

Hahahaha. That was brilliant.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth
It just makes sense, especially when considering if the GOD of said angels is Dualism based or non Dualism based...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Kioko

Interesting how you say you would be inclined to stay with the religion you were born into which makes sense if it's your community.

As a Christian I saw nothing but fake smiling and preachers lying about everything because they can't admit anything about that contradicts the Trinity, not something that the Bible hints at even, can't admit that of all of Catholicisms f ups that Trinity worship and idolatry via worship of a man who was not God but God's Messiah, are the two biggest.

They also can't support the notions with exegesis so use poor eisegesis which doesn't work anyway seeing as how:

"The Lord OUR God is ONE God worship Him..."

Are Jesus' pbuh very own words. (Mark)

Point?

I am a Roman Catholic born convert to Islam from a regular Christian Church and not everyone stays with the religion of their parents.

If you are part of a religion that espouses that every religion is evil including other Christian denominations all fighting for the title of the "True Church" using the same Bible as the people who they consider the apostate Church without ridding itself of the Nicene Creed, hence they are Catholic but don't realize it, believe in the same scripture but agree on little...you should probably leave fast.

I have never been happier since converting to a religion without theological plot holes or a corrupted scripture, where the people are actually honest and not just pretending to be and care about good deeds and don't think magically believing in something Jesus pbuh didn't teach somehow is God's plan even though nothing is said of the matter in the Bible BY JESUS, he is "Lord and savior" his blood "saves people from sin" as in human sacrifice rituals, one's death being spiritually beneficial is the most perverted idea ever taught in the name of God.

Christianity is a plot hole.

Islam fills, corrects it.
edit on 19-6-2017 by Disturbinatti because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Page 5. Especially the links to other ATS threads in my first comment on that page. It's a recurring theme.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

So where’s the plot hole? Or are you just wandering off topic?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   
The entire thing is one giant plot hole, because it's a religious work written by many different people, which has been selectively edited for political purposes by many other people, trying to explain things about history and the world that they lacked the exact knowledge to understand.
However, the biggest one for me in the New Testament is what happened to St James and what exactly the early Church taught. Because I've always wondered about the takeover by St Paul in the wake of the destruction of Jerusalem - which was where the early church was based. If it hadn't been for Titus and his Legions I think that the Christian religion would look very, very, different.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
The entire thing is one giant plot hole, because it's a religious work written by many different people, which has been selectively edited for political purposes by many other people, trying to explain things about history and the world that they lacked the exact knowledge to understand.
However, the biggest one for me in the New Testament is what happened to St James and what exactly the early Church taught. Because I've always wondered about the takeover by St Paul in the wake of the destruction of Jerusalem - which was where the early church was based. If it hadn't been for Titus and his Legions I think that the Christian religion would look very, very, different.

Exactly. One huge plot hole where those that follow the 'faith' have no way to scientifically prove any of it.

Lol, but if we simply left it at the obvious...there'd be nothing to discuss here and we could all move along.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I want to thank the op for making a great thread.

As a Muslim I have no need to defend the Bible, I know that scholars know how corrupted it has become.

But in the interest of truth, it is not likely​ the Gospels are the words of Jesus, and they make up such a small portion of the NT, the words attributed to him that is. pbuh.

But I am a fan of the Zohar and the ways that Jews understand the OT which is not something the Christian knows anything about thinking every word is literal as of a large books didn't use a single metaphor.

But I want to offer​ a challenge to the Christians who say "Jesus is God" and "Trinity."

If you can show me a clear statement made by Jesus pbuh that makes the claim that he is equal to God and God, I will get Baptized tonight.

If you can show me "Trinity" in the Bible and I mean the actual word, same thing.

Of course be warned I've studied the New Testament to a point few Christians ever will/do/have and understand it better.

Because I know for a fact that Jesus pbuh denied equality with God, stated God was the Lord "Our(his) God"..."is one." (Mark)

"Worship Him."

So while plot holes may exist they are cleverly explained by the Jews in the Zohar which obviously doesn't deal with the NT but I have never seen a sensible explanation for why it's believed that the Nicene Creed is more authoritative than the New Testament since it is the only reason any Christian believes in a pagan Trinity, if they relied on the Bible they would know he never taught any such thing and refuted it before it became the doctrine of pagan Rome.

Also speaking of plot holes if Acts has Peter claiming to be the Apostle to the goyim chosen by God how is it that Paul could ever be?

And since Luke states the requirements for being an Apostle and Paul doesn't qualify as one and is never called one by one, never even met Jesus pbuh and claimed secret revelations in his name which fulfills prophecy in Matthew 24:23 that says "Do not believe them."

There are 12 Apostles in New Jerusalem in Revelation so Paul can't be one which makes him a big liar.

Like when he claims that eating meat sacrificed to idols is Kosher which violates his agreement at the Jerusalem Council made by the Holy Spirit through James.

Jesus pbuh rebuke of this teaching and its teachers proves that it is not possible that Paul learned this from Jesus pbuh because it was condemned as the teaching of Balaam.

Which voids everything he wrote and his significance to Christianity negative and in opposition to the truth of Jesus, according to the Bible.

Have fun with that!

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Paul was called a Benjaminite​ because all Herodian Jews were, it was not a compliment and not actually the tribe of Benjamin but the Kingdom of the other (King) Saul.

Besides his obvious affiliation with several named Roman Aristocrats, one named Herodion...

Herod Arche-laus is
Herod Acher-Saul

Acher is what the Talmud calls Paul because he goes by an other name and Acher means "other."

He wasn't a king, Paul, but he was a Roman collaborator and infiltrator, a strategy they use today and did in Islam with ibn Saba and the Shiites, and again with Shabbatai Svi false messiah who corrupted his own religion before converting to Islam to do the saws.

And they have been doing it ever since.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Disturbinatti
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

...a strategy they use today and did in Islam with ibn Saba and the Shiites, and again with Shabbatai Svi false messiah who corrupted his own religion before converting to Islam to do the saws.

And they have been doing it ever since.

Isn't that what ISIS is teaching as well?

Questions Rebels Use to Tell Sunni From Shiite - The New York Times

ISIS believes that the Shiites are apostates...

ISIS has been a catastrophe for Sunnis in Iraq and Syria | The Washington Post

But the vast majority of the territory overrun by the Islamic State was historically populated by Sunni Arabs, adherents of the branch of Islam that the group claims to champion and whose interests the militants profess to represent.
“ISIS was a tsunami that swept away the Sunnis,” said Sheik Ghazi Mohammed Hamoud, a Sunni tribal leader in the northwestern Iraqi town of Rabia,...

edit on 21-6-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

What does IS have to do with anything?

They can say they are Muslims behind masks all they want they are not anything but criminals and not a group that represents Islam in any capacity whatsoever that doesn't serve Western interests.

I suggest you stick to religion, IS is a militant criminal organization that defines the notion of black is white.

You are really disgracing yourself trying to attribute true recorded and by Judaism itself, history to "IS teachings."

I don't think they teach history or reality they are mind controlled slaves and assets of Western intelligence.

Young Turks were Donmeh-Sabbateans

Savdis ARE Sabbatean.

You know @#$$.
edit on 21-6-2017 by Disturbinatti because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

You heap upon yourself a tragic amount of dishonor and shame when so frustrated because you can't defend the teachings of your religion because it's a mess of contradictions and resort to attacks based on essentially Western installed regimes in Islamic countries atrocities to the religion of Islam which has almost universally declared war on "ISIS."

If you think you are going to slander my religion and just walk away without getting an earful from me telling you that you have done nothing but resort to cheap shot tactics of debating using things you have no clue about you are mistaken.

Who is of such sloth like Intellect to not know what propaganda and false flag operations are and that they have been utilized to create a false sense of fear of Islam when it's not Muslims you need to fear but your own kind who will sacrifice you on the alter of Mammon in a moment's notice.

And they will.

Count the bodies. The West kills 10, 20 probably 100 times more Muslims than Muslims do them.

In Muslim lands.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
here is an index of contradictions (another word for plotholes right?) in the bible for those who just havent had enough fun yet:

skepticsannotatedbible.com...

its...uh...pretty extensive...
edit on 21-6-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

here is an index of contradictions (another word for plotholes right?) in the bible for those who just havent had enough fun yet:

You'd think your post would put an end to this thread

But I have a feeling it won't.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Why stop a good thing?

People don't care about links and hardly ever use them, they already know about Biblical contradictions and don't need one.

There is no shortage and 1 link isn't going to cover all so that you think it would amuses me.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Disturbinatti

Why stop a good thing?

People don't care about links and hardly ever use them, they already know about Biblical contradictions and don't need one.

There is no shortage and 1 link isn't going to cover all so that you think it would amuses me.

You know what amuses me? The fact that you took my post personally by confirming your own laziness and inability to click a link and passing that same presumed laziness and inability to click a link onto others. Lol. You seem so cranky haha. Who cares if you're too lazy to click a link and read? There are two reasons this thread is ongoing. Firstly, there are those that are Christians that are arguing AGAINST the contradictions that are being presented.

And secondly, there's you. You're agreeing with the contradictions all while spouting off in long-form about Islam and your conversion to it from Christianity and how you demand that people you're arguing with say that you're right abut pointless minuscule snippets like someone's age and and blah blah blah.

This thread is reaching a slow, inevitable death (hence the posting of the link). Most will no longer bother to post ere and soon you'll be ranting to yourself.

Have fun with that, bro.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

This thread is reaching a slow, inevitable death (hence the posting of the link). Most will no longer bother to post ere and soon you'll be ranting to yourself.

In fact, even the OP seems to have departed.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Disturbinatti
I was merely curious as to whether ISIS and the mosques in Iraq and Syria where their motive for fighting the Shiites were instilled were also teaching the same thing about ibn Saba and Shabbatai Svi cause I'm not that familiar with that backstory as I am with where the motives for fighting were instilled in Sunni muslims that are now members of ISIS and ignoring Jesus wise counsel at Matthew 5:43-47 (which I'm sure was never taught to them in their mosques):

43 “You heard that it was said: ‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 However, I say to you: Continue to love your enemies and to pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may prove yourselves sons of your Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise on both the wicked and the good and makes it rain on both the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 For if you love those loving you, what reward do you have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? 47 And if you greet your brothers only, what extraordinary thing are you doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing? 48 You must accordingly be perfect,* as your heavenly Father is perfect. [*: Or “complete.”]

That also counts for those who have fallen victim to ISIS propaganda, or Western Imperialism for that matter, or Zionism, etc.
edit on 22-6-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Find a more appropriate venue for your curiosities I don't know anyone in IS I can't help you.

You should ask the Mossad, CIA and Barack Obama

They do. Can.
edit on 22-6-2017 by Disturbinatti because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join