It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plot holes in the bible and what the motivation for it would be

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: Raggedyman

A question was asked An answer offered If you dont like it, oops

What question was asked?

No one asked you anything.

A person had a different interpretation of whats in the Bible.

This is what i was pointing out, you have always argued or at least it reads as though you think your interpretation is correct, hence why I said I see this in every thread you participate in.

If someone chooses to remain ignorant, thats fine.

is it?

Why the change of heart all of a sudden?

its not ok to remain ignorant when shown the truth

Question

originally posted by: DiaJax
if you want to tell me I'm wrong (please be constructive) I would also love to hear that.

Now if you want to remain wrong, thats not ok, its is however a choice to do so, so I can say, "If someone chooses to remain ignorant, thats fine."

So a person can choose to be wrong
If we throw in the fact a person chooses not to believe something when the opposite is proven true, they just wont believe or accept that truth, thats fine

Take the Japanese soldier who was told that Japan had surrendered and fought till 1974
edition.cnn.com...

People are people.

I have no idea what you are on about.

I directed a post to you based on 2 posts of yours, 1 to Idreamofmeand and the other to Trollz.

none of them asked you any questions and your replies to them is what I was addressing.

Now that you have been shown the facts its up to you accept them or remain ignorant

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Plot hole for me is that it a whole bunch of other plot s and is a whole bunch of passages from other books, that end up relating and focusing to God having a son or avatar, that completely unrelated to the many stories that eventually contradicts alot of things. And who may have been inspired and constructed from many other Gods, and probably mainly built on an old goat, and said to be the goat.

Like the end time prophecies, it telling me to follow Jesus messages when he comes down...or up, and yet shoot jesus at all costs with their anti Christ prophecies because he is Satan, deliver of evil and has some serious ocd issues. Like wtf, I thought God was masucline when it came to making it mind up.

Also the funny thing is about the prophecies, it sounds more like history talking about itself.

edit on 14-6-2017 by Specimen because: Improv

edit on 14-6-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

God is a generic term - The God has no name that's like walking into a stadium and yelling George how many will turn around and look? The whole book is a plot hole. I still can't believe how many people put their faith in a book that if you look at history is stolen stories made to order.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Do you come to this conclusion because you've studied the bible, or ?
edit on 2823Wednesday201713 by silo13 because: cut paste fail

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well there were God's before "God" & Stories of the same before the bible was written and torn apart by the Popes and writers of the time who decided which stories to include and how to portray them, So why put merit into something that is clearly written to gain followers = Power. JMO If you read the old Sumerian text the Bible is a blatant take off and would lose in court for copy write infringement

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Pretty much exactly what th edevil wants you to belive.

peace

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
a reply to: silo13

God is a generic term - The God has no name that's like walking into a stadium and yelling George how many will turn around and look? The whole book is a plot hole. I still can't believe how many people put their faith in a book that if you look at history is stolen stories made to order.

My. Thoughts. Exactly.

Reading this gives me hope!

Leave it to the faithers to begin with their blanket statements of 'just knowing' god is real and 'god works in mysterious ways we can never be certain of'.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Well there were God's before "God" & Stories of the same before the bible was written and torn apart by the Popes and writers of the time who decided which stories to include and how to portray them, So why put merit into something that is clearly written to gain followers = Power. JMO If you read the old Sumerian text the Bible is a blatant take off and would lose in court for copy write infringement

Finally a person that gets it. It's all stolen and plagiarized from much older texts.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

Pretty much exactly what science, research and actual truth wants you to belive.

peace

There. I fixed that for you.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DiaJax

I've been making similar arguments about God and the bible, for i was born into a christian home and it the religion I was born into and if I was born into a muslim one then my views would have on the Quran. However, back to your arguments, this have been things I have used to question the legitimacy of the bible of religion and of God.

However i have had a new realisation some would call it a manifestation of the truth, or a spiritual awakens. it happened in the unlikeliest of places and in the simplest of ways. I believe that I do not bare the whole truth right now but I do posses some understanding of the truth and it is very simple yet very complex. It has come about through my obsession of getting to the bottom of things and understanding myself and those around me.

Newton proved that every Action has an equal and opposite reaction

so if
X=-X
And
God created Love
So the opposite and equal reaction would have been Hate
Love=Hate
one balances the other.
And if you apply too much force one side then the result is too much force on the other side.

This is why the Budhaa, Christ, Krishna, Mohamed and others shunned material wealth and possessions because the love of something creates the hate of something else. Together the collective love can over power the individual hate.

To the story of Job, this was at a time that God after seeing that his creation of Love also spawned hate and though it was not his intention to produce that hate. He did place a bet on the suffering of Job. I do not think that he knew the result that of this although he did want him to succeed because if he did succeed it would mean that there was hope for humanity after all. This wasn't a test of faithfulness to God. That is a misinterpretation. It is a story about Love winning over hate for no matter what happened to Job he refused to curse God. He refused to give in to Hate. He remained steadfast in his Love. Therefore proving to the devil and to God that Mankind is redeemable for Job succeeded therefore Love did and since we are all made of Love then we can all succeed.

So the plot holes are in the bible are many yes but it is because the prejudice of man. We made all the religions not God. Am an African and I come from a country with many tribes, and in all this tribes even before contact with the outside world had their own form of religion and practices. This similar in all cultures. So the one thing that has remained true is that God exists. Spirituality is evident even in the wicked.

Another thing that is misinterpreted is the suffering, crucifixion and death of Christ as the ultimate sacrifice. I now believe that the final crucifixion is a symbol of his sacrifice but the sacrifice was living 33 years in human form. Subject to desire, to hate, anger, suffering and other human elements. He's suffering and crucifixion was to show us that even the best of us suffers therefore we should take heart when we suffer. For God Loved the son yet he suffered. Just as he Loves us and we suffer. Buddha come to the understanding of suffering and that when he became enlightened. Jesus suffered and then ascended. So as much as Christ was a to teach us about God. He learned what it was like to be man with fears, and anxiety, pain and pleasure, success and failure. So let us take heart and realise that we are made out of love and it is divine love but it also created the opposite and equal reaction.

Therefore do not look blindly upon texts or men. Search your heart for pure love and you will know God.
for Love was the ultimate creation and it is through Love that we overpower Hate.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth

wouldn't this also mean the Bible is a collection of different truths passed down through different generations and cultures, then brought together in one text.

Just cause you can drink the tea, doesn't mean you can eat the tea bag.
the message is important not the book. Even in the message you need you to decipher it yourself but the common truths are not just in the bible they are also in the Quran, Torah, in the teachings of Buddha and Krishna and other Sages..

There is only one religion that is LOVE.
(sounds corny and simplistic but that because its a truth we all know.)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DiaJax

Too many comments to read but just from the title all I have to say is that the Bible is not one fluid story it was compiled that way but it is a collection of writings thats what Bible means. For example an earlier reference of Genesis comes from Mesopotamian myths 3100bc.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Kioko

Newton proved that every Action has an equal and opposite reaction

Only with respect to physical motion. By 'action' he meant the action of a physical force.

Newton didn't prove that karma is true or anything like that.

Physics gives absolutely no credence to metaphysical propositions. Please don't get the two mixed up. It's a potentially fatal error.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The fatal error is taking one line in my post to discredit all the other words and sentences. Newton's 3rd law of motion was just the easiest example of what i was trying to say. Which is any process gives desired and undesired results. From chemisitry, biology to Physics. Every chemical reaction will produce the product you want and a by product. Which is the same thing in a biological reaction, or a physical one.

Creation was all three plus metaphysical , spiritual and more. It would therefore only make sense that the laws governing, Biology, chemistry, physics would be similar even in the beginning.

Isn't the physical world made from the metaphysical world. Life is about finding is balancing that equation. I was using Newton law of motion as an example of a process and the effect.

therefore if God is Love and through his Love he made as. That would mean that is the strongest element that in Humanity, however in the creation of Love the undesired by product of Hate come out in small quantities. It can be filtered out or it can choke you.

Am still searching for the truth and i believe it out there and it will be very clear once you find it.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kioko

The fatal error is taking one line in my post to discredit all the other words and sentences.

Would you have preferred me destroy your post line by line? All right, I will next time. If I can be bothered.

Isn't the physical world made from the metaphysical world?

No.

edit on 18/6/17 by Astyanax because: 😇

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kioko
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth

wouldn't this also mean the Bible is a collection of different truths passed down through different generations and cultures, then brought together in one text.

Just cause you can drink the tea, doesn't mean you can eat the tea bag.
the message is important not the book. Even in the message you need you to decipher it yourself but the common truths are not just in the bible they are also in the Quran, Torah, in the teachings of Buddha and Krishna and other Sages..

There is only one religion that is LOVE.
(sounds corny and simplistic but that because its a truth we all know.)

I really do get your message and I do appreciate the message of the importance of love. Because I do agree. Love is very important. At the same time, I have to disagree that love is a religion. Love is just that: love. Great love is being able to feel it and give it without having to have a reason. The best love is knowing that you are a truly good person and have the ability to give it without having to know it's the right thing because a book or some disembodied 'being' tells you it's the right thing.

Again, I get your point...and honestly, it's not too cheesy because it's true in the sense that people should just love one another. And yes, there are some good messages in the bible. Like the idea of doing unto others and not killing people or lusting after your neighbor's wife. But again, you can come to those conclusions without having to read a silly book. And besides, these are all messages that have been taught in differing religions and ideologies that date further back than Christianity..so..I do not attribute any sort of originality within the bible.

And I can see you're trying within your posts...you seem to have somewhat of an open mind when it comes to this stuff. But...the equations and hypothesis you're presenting are not scientifically sound. It's nothing against you as a person because I can see your heart's in the right place with preaching love...

But..just be careful with the 'truths' and scientific 'conclusions' you are assuming you are arriving to. Because, in the end, it's clear you are still feeling a lot of faith..and unfortunately all faith is fostering the illusion of having the truth.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kioko
therefore if God is Love and through his Love he made as. That would mean that is the strongest element that in Humanity, however in the creation of Love the undesired by product of Hate come out in small quantities. It can be filtered out or it can choke you.

Am still searching for the truth and i believe it out there and it will be very clear once you find it.

Psalms 97:9,10
9 For you, O Jehovah, are the Most High over all the earth;
You are exalted far above all other gods.
10 O you who love Jehovah, hate what is bad.+
He is guarding the lives of his loyal ones;
He rescues them from the hand of the wicked.

Marginal references (the +):

Psalm 34:14
ס [Samekh]
14 Turn away from what is bad and do what is good;
Seek peace and pursue it.
Psalm 101:3
3 I will not set anything worthless before my eyes. I hate the deeds of those who deviate from what is right;
I will have nothing to do with them.
Psalm 119:104
104 By your orders I act with understanding. That is why I hate every false path.
Romans 12:9
9 Let your love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is wicked; cling to what is good.
Hebrews 1:9
9 You loved righteousness, and you hated lawlessness. That is why God, your God, anointed you with the oil of exultation more than your companions.”

The last one was addressed to Jesus. It was the God of our Lord Jesus Christ whose name is Jehovah that anointed Jesus. Note that it says "your God".

2 Timothy 3:1-5
But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.

Religion is a Snare and a Racket
edit on 19-6-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Can anyone provide a sound argument as to why God created Satan? Would love to see someone argue this plot hole.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReyaPhemhurth
Can anyone provide a sound argument as to why God created Satan? Would love to see someone argue this plot hole.

Probably to oversee beings that are similar to it.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

originally posted by: ReyaPhemhurth

Probably to oversee beings that are similar to it.

I can't tell if this is all you have for an argument...or if you're being sarcastic?

Let me know.

edit on 19-6-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join