It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plot holes in the bible and what the motivation for it would be

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth

Nope not that kind of video at all.

There are two more - equally as good.

Let you give me a little idea.

I’ve taken this right off the video starting at minute 3:00.

'How do I know there's a God'?

You have a right to your belief, and that's fine but give me a moment to share mine (His words = Pastor Robert Morris)

1. There is a correct world view. It is Christianity. (Hold on now you said you’d try)...

There is no world view that meets the criteria of being a world view other than Christianity.

A world view must answer 4 questions.

The words?

Origin - Meaning - Morality and Destiny.

A world view that will fulfill you as a person must address these 4 questions.

Origin - How did I get here?

Meaning - Why am I here?

Morality - How do I define good and evil?

Destiny - What happens to me after death?

From there he answers the questions using logic and world knowledge not scripture (not completely).

Really great stuff.

I really like it when he explains there is no such thing as an atheist.

There's agnosticism, but no such thing as a atheist.

Here's his other two:

peace
edit on 0537Friday201713 by silo13 because: can't figure out links

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Word of advice.

If you don't like a specific thing, want to believe that nothing created everything instead of God, Intelligence that is eternal itself and the only uncreated "Being."

Don't cry about it like a baby when told your​opinion stinks.

You don't see me crying about you not understand​ing that creation needs a creator, why are you crying that I do?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Disturbinatti

edit on 9-6-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: because

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

very narrow minded and fallacious. his arguments only work if you assume from the outset that everything he says is accurate. the second you stop believing that, the cracks begin to form.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Disturbinatti

Word of advice.

If you don't like a specific thing, want to believe that nothing created everything instead of God, Intelligence that is eternal itself and the only uncreated "Being."

You don't see me crying about you not understand​ing that creation needs a creator, why are you crying that I do?

Who's' crying besides you. Just because you label me as angry and crying, does not mean you're right. Like I said, I'm chill. You're the one insulting me. I'm not taking offense to it, but I'm just saying the truth. You ARE insulting me. There's no way to say it's anything but. You don't lend yourself any validity by doing this and you also de-legitimize everything you're saying when you are simply saying I'm wrong because my opinion "stinks". When I poke legitimate holes in your beliefs you're clearly the one who is getting upset and crying because of how you start to insult me.

You, in reality, should follow your own advice. You clearly need to relax or else you wouldn't jump to insulting people by claiming they are one way when they're not. And you wouldn't blatantly name call and say silly things like "They usually work at jiffy lube."

Ignorance should not offer advice, especially w when they do little in following their own advice. You have no evidence for your claims.

None. Zip.
edit on 9-6-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: because

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Disturbinatti

Word of advice.

your opinion stinks. but that is okay, it is your right to be a stinkbrain. freedom of expression.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

What cracks then? This would be interesting to discuss wouldn't you think?

Though I must admit insulting me before we're even started a chat?

Tells me you might be worried.

peace

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I get all giddy inside when I see your posts. Can my lifelike growling cat marry your cartoonish cat in a tophat?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

peace

interesting to discuss...perhaps. but ultimately futile. i didnt insult you, i was remarking on the arguments made in the video. never addressed your character specifically. it is a little telling that you assumed otherwise. but thats okay, one tends to be defensive in this forum.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

peace

I don't think they're worried. Highly doubt that.

And I think they were calling the gentleman in the video narrow minded and fallacious. I don't think that was aimed at you. That's what I was getting from it

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Your lack of use of capitals led me to believe otherwise.

Glad that's cleared up.

Futile? Why? I mean why even come to thos topic and make a drive by to just say 'oh it'll be futile'?

Ahhhh, it would have been interesting to know what those craks were.

Oh well.

peace

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Would love it to hear your answer to my last question.

With regards to the "just know" argument....there are so many differing religions. And the followers of those differing religions will say the same thing "They Just know"..this would mean someone would have to be wrong. If it's possible for other religions who 'just know' their religion is truth and they 'just know' their god is real..someone has to be wrong, how is it not possible for you to be wrong too?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Your lack of use of capitals led me to believe otherwise.

Glad that's cleared up.

Futile? Why? I mean why even come to thos topic and make a drive by to just say 'oh it'll be futile'?

Ahhhh, it would have been interesting to know what those craks were.

Oh well.

peace

seems strange that a lack of capitals would lead you to assume i was insulting you personally. since your name was mentioned no where in my post. im a little skeptical regarding your interest...you say you want me to break down the fallacies in the videos but maybe you are interested only in using my sense of reason to prove yours is superior. maybe i am wrong, but that sort of thing happens a lot in these parts.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I would love to see his/her answers to my question. Alas, they have not replied. I am sad bear.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
originally posted by: ReyaPhemhurth

Would love it to hear your answer to my last question.

Which one? Maybe I missed it?

peace

And I'm a woman

edit on 0046Friday201713 by silo13 because: added note

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

A fellow lady.

My question was:
With regards to the "just know" argument....there are so many differing religions. And the followers of those differing religions will say the same thing "They Just know"..this would mean someone would have to be wrong. If it's possible for other religions who 'just know' their religion is truth and they 'just know' their god is real..someone has to be wrong, how is it not possible for you to be wrong too?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

With regards to the "just know" argument....there are so many differing religions. And the followers of those differing religions will say the same thing "They Just know"..this would mean someone would have to be wrong.

The video I posted answer a lot of those questions.

If it's possible for other religions who 'just know' their religion is truth and they 'just know' their god is real..someone has to be wrong, how is it not possible for you to be wrong too?

One reason? Christianity is one of the only religions where the Creator (God) comes to his creation instead of the other way around.

Also - Christianity answers the 4 questions - the correct world view.

A correct world view that will fulfill you as a person must address these 4 questions.

Meaning - Why am I here?

More than that?

If people say they 'just know'? What do they 'just know'?

If they say they know the TRUTH? That is another story.

I know the truth because Jesus said he was the 'way and the TRUTH and the life' - no other religion says this.

The sacrifice Jesus made because of his unbelievable great love for us? Is matched by no other religion.

That Christ rose again? No other religion.

So I don't 'just know' - I know the truth.

And...

I know the Holy Spirit - and that's where people start to get really freaky on me, lol, but I don't mind. It's easy to make fun or or scoff or point fingers at something you don't understand.

peace

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

With regards to the "just know" argument....there are so many differing religions. And the followers of those differing religions will say the same thing "They Just know"..this would mean someone would have to be wrong.

The video I posted answer a lot of those questions.

If it's possible for other religions who 'just know' their religion is truth and they 'just know' their god is real..someone has to be wrong, how is it not possible for you to be wrong too?

One reason? Christianity is one of the only religions where the Creator (God) comes to his creation instead of the other way around.

Also - Christianity answers the 4 questions - the correct world view.

A correct world view that will fulfill you as a person must address these 4 questions.

Meaning - Why am I here?

More than that?

If people say they 'just know'? What do they 'just know'?

If they say they know the TRUTH? That is another story.

I know the truth because Jesus said he was the 'way and the TRUTH and the life' - no other religion says this.

The sacrifice Jesus made because of his unbelievable great love for us? Is matched by no other religion.

That Christ rose again? No other religion.

So I don't 'just know' - I know the truth.

And...

I know the Holy Spirit - and that's where people start to get really freaky on me, lol, but I don't mind. It's easy to make fun or or scoff or point fingers at something you don't understand.

peace

The problem with what you're saying is that there is no scientific evidence to support it. Thus, you will answer in ways where it's based on your own personal feelings combined with the stories you've read in the bible and things you learned in church. Again, this is confirmation bias. And by now, I would hope you understand I'm debating you respectfully. Because, even if I'm an atheist and I do not like religion and what it can do to people, I still understand it takes all types to make up this world and I accept that we have differing views.

Anyhow, thank you for taking the time to at least answer. I'm out of here for the weekend. Peace out.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReyaPhemhurth

originally posted by: DiaJax
a reply to: Disturbinatti

I agree that religion is not the problem.

I also agree the majority of religions help to build a moral foundation to serve as guidance.

I don't agree that there is a right/wrong religion. At the heart of all religions in a effort to be better. better as a human, better as a community, and better spiritually (whatever that means). Unfortunately this is the message that always gets lost.

People get so hung up on the literal translations and interpretations. What to believe what not to believe. Its one of the first forms of escapism. Its a way to rationalize the world around you with out every having to actually understand the world around you.

IMO religion is about groups of strangers coming together and learning how to co exist. Its the first attempt at etiquette and manners and civility. Somewhere along the way it got turned into a clubhouse and lots of fun exclusionary practices were added like excommunication, shunning, and general disgust/hatred for the other. This is the exact opposite of what religion is supposed to be.

Greed is the deadliest of sins cause even it can pervert Gods words.

Side question: could you give me a crash course on the beginnings of the Quran.

I know everything branches off of Judaism at one point but I don't know when or why as it relates to the Quran

Good post. I agree with a lot of what you're saying. Though, I really think it's a shame that...for as much as we have progressed...I wonder why people cannot simply let go of religion and learn to accept ups and downs and what is inherently right and wrong without having to have guidelines from a book.

Clearly, people should definitely be free to practice any religion of their choice...and we should definitely be accepting of everyone, despite our differences...I just hope that one day people will see these plot holes/twists and will wake up to the fact that a person can be an Atheist and still be a kind and compassionate individual who lives a happy and fulfilled life.

There are so many things within the bible that just do not make sense and it would be so easy to provide the facts on how they are not possible and how they do not make sense..you could do it until you're blue in the face...but you'll keep getting the same cover-all blanket excuses of "God works in mysterious ways" or "I just know God's real".

I agree religion in its current format is definitely not for everyone. It seems it's human nature to do things only one way. "The pray goes exactly like this". "That's the wrong interpretation". "This is the right way to understand this passage"

These kinds of practices promote a very homogenized religious experience. Which is fine if you don't mind be told what to do and don't like to question. It's pretty chill. Sit in the pew chat about latest things going on. I totally understand how people could accept that. You don't have to do anything, it's real easy.

Just like there are multiple ways to interpret god there should multiple ways to use and be apart of religion. To some not practice at all.

It's funny how as soon as you mentioned you were an atheist the discussions stopped. It seems the religious types are threatened by your mere existence? Maybe they believe it is a fruitless discussion?

Whatever the case time to go outside.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Meaning - Why am I here?

those four questions are pretty selfish and egocentric if you ask me. sounds like your friend in those videos found a way to sell spirituality by pandering to insecurity and conceit. in this case, christianity is a front for con men capitalizing on weak minds, people who have discovered that paying for peace of mind is simpler than earning it.

if you would like to quote anything from the video and support it in your own words, i would be happy to address it. but im not going through the videos line for line.
edit on 9-6-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join