It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plot holes in the bible and what the motivation for it would be

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Disturbinatti
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth

Oh dumbass, huh?

Name calling, really?

God wasn't created God is Eternal, has ALWAYS existed.

Nobody created God. God isn't a creation He is "First Cause."

Not second, so has NO CAUSE .

Ignoring the name calling bit, because that was aimed at Silo for the actual name calling. I edited my post before this reply of yours to reflect that. And the only way "God is Eternal" would make any sense is if you are talking about energy. Something not magical or in the sense that Christians believe. God would have to be a metaphor.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReyaPhemhurth

originally posted by: silo13

Ok well then, thank you for repsonding.

I guess there's really nothing to talk about then.

I'f you're coming at this from the standpoint no matter what all you'll get is a run around from Christians or the bible why bother?

peace

The same reason you're here. to discuss on a forum. Though, I don't prefer to randomly insult people like you have.

Yes you do.

You just called me a dumbass because you don't know God is Eternal and not created.

Thats a random insult that's nonsensical also.

If you didn't mean it for me it is still the same insult and same fallacy of yours.

A created god is no God, God is not created.
edit on 9-6-2017 by Disturbinatti because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Disturbinatti

You gave me a list of three or four things you said were not in the bible.

I proved by chapter and verse that in fact they are.

You can't admit when you're wrong?

Fine - You've proven you have no credibility.

So find someone else to BS.

It’s not worth my time to have a discussion with someone lacking honor.

"Victoriously debates" - *face palm* - delusional, completely delusional.

peace

You did nothing of the sort.

Prove me wrong. I refuted you severely and you refuse to accept it.

Whatever I said you didn't address.

Now or ever.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I'f you're coming at this from the standpoint no matter what all you'll get is a run around from Christians or the bible why bother?

peace

The same reason you're here. to discuss on a forum. Though, I don't prefer to randomly insult people like you have.

Yes you do.

You just called me a dumbass because you don't know God is Eternal and not created.

If you didn't mean it for me it is still the same insult and same fallacy of yours.

Look at my posts.

I edited the one where I said you were name calling. I meant to say Silo was name calling. Not you. I already said this. Read my posts. And I didn't call you a dumb ass. No where. You're creating problems where there are none. Did you not read my posts? I specifically said to ignore that original claim at you name calling...because IT WAS NOT AIMED AT YOU. Silo randomly called me dangerous and narcissistic. Thus, I was pointing out how THEY were name calling. NOT YOU. Thus..like I said..I edited the post to take that part out because it was not accurate.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

peace

Yes you do.

And on the actual topic, outside of the imaginary problem you're creating by saying I called you a dumb ass (which I did not)...where is your scientific evidence that:

A. God exists

and

B. God is eternal

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 2117Friday201713 by silo13 because: it was taken care of

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

I said Abram didn't know God was just testing him.

Isaac was not 30.

I say it again and it's what the Bible says too and in the case of Isaac's age DOESN'T SAY AT ALL.

So you can not possibly "Prove" what you claim about Isaac's age,and you never did.

Didn't, can't regarding Abram allegedly knowing what God thinks due to its absurdity and non-existence in the Bible.

You DID NOT, CAN NOT, show otherwise because it doesn't exist.

You are afraid to say what you are referring to for this very reason, you know I am right, you never provided ANY evidence to support your 2 assumptions AND I just called you on it.

Stop fantasizing.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

peace

Yes you do.

And on the actual topic, outside of the imaginary problem you're creating by saying I called you a dumb ass (which I did not)...where is your scientific evidence that:

A. God exists

and

B. God is eternal

Yes. Not complicated.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

That you were proven wrong is right there in print for anyone to see.

Sorry for you, my truth does not change.

Enjoy the thread but please in the future leave me out of your conversations.

peace
edit on 1801Friday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

That you were proven wrong is right there in print for anyone to see.

I'm sorry for you, my truth does not change.

Enjoy the thread but please in the future leave me out of your conversations.

peace

That you are not, never did and can't is proof otherwise.

If you did just quote it.

Prove it.

Not just claim to have when didn't.

You know this.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

I apologize. i looked back and did see it was not you. So in reality..haha I should not have corrected my other post. I apologize for thinking that was you. There's something going on with the webpage and it has everything mislabeled. I apologize.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

peace

Yes you do.

A. God exists

and

B. God is eternal

Yes. Not complicated.

Answering yes does not make sense. And, upon further looking back IT WAS YOU that did randomly insult me and call me narcissistic and dangerous. You were the one childishly name calling. Very nice of you. Further paints you as someone who can do very little to understand science. And you're obviously not doing that well at reading my actual posts.

WHERE. IS. YOUR. EVIDENCE. THAT. GOD. IS. REAL. OR . THAT. HE. IS . ETERNAL?

You have none. Which is why you answered so strangely.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Here. This isn't that long and it might answer your questions about 'How do I know there's a God'.

It's not all 'churchy' as you might seem. Pretty good listen.

Start at minute 3:00 to get right into it.

If you do listen to it let me know what you think, please?

PS - And the more you interact with that other individual here? The uglier it gets. Then the lies start. And no, he does not read your posts fully.

peace
edit on 4816Friday201713 by silo13 because: set in minutte mark

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

peace

Yes you do.

A. God exists

and

B. God is eternal

Yes. Not complicated.

Answering yes does not make sense. And, upon further looking back IT WAS YOU that did randomly insult me and call me narcissistic and dangerous. You were the one childishly name calling. Very nice of you. Further paints you as someone who can do very little to understand science. And you're obviously not doing that well at reading my actual posts.

For someone who was replying every 2-5 minutes you're pretty quiet. Either you've left, you're surmounting our 'evidence' or you realize you have none. I am anxious to see.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

peace

Yes you do.

A. God exists

and

B. God is eternal

Yes. Not complicated.

Relax.... Breath.

Everything is fine, you are loved God loves you.

Take it easy pal, you might burst!

I didn't claim to possess "proof'' of God.

I said life itself IS PROOF.

Do I need to show you life?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Here. This isn't that long and it might answer your question.

It's not all 'churchy' as you might seem. Pretty good listen.

If you do listen to it let me know what you think, please?

peace

Do not have a way of watching atm, but not so closed off that I wouldn't watch it at all. I will in a bit, just to let you know. But if it's the "I just know" argument, can you answer me this:

If you 'just know' God is real..what abut the other religions of the world who 'just know' their religion is right? Surely, someone has to be incorrect?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

peace

Yes you do.

A. God exists

and

B. God is eternal

Yes. Not complicated.

Relax.... Breath.

Everything is fine, you are loved God loves you.

Take it easy pal, you might burst!

Hahaha. I'm fine, very relaxed. Not a worry in the world.

The only reason you would say something so vague and off topic i to deflect from my question.

So, I was right. You have no evidence. You're creating, again, a problem where there isn't one by trying to make me seem tense by saying I should relax. I'm fine, and totally calm.
A lot of us atheists are. You should join us over here, we have the best cookies and something called evidence and truth.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The good ole' angry atheist/agnostic or just plain angry about religion types are funny!

Usually they work at Jiffy lube

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

The good ole' angry atheist/agnostic or just plain angry about religion types are funny!

There you go with the insults. Who said I was angry? I'm chill. You seem to be getting angry because you have no way to back up your opinions and thoughts. So what do you do instead? You throw insults my way like a child.

Ever heard of the ad hominem fallacy? Not sure why I'm even asking because your posts are the very definition.
edit on 9-6-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: because

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

And even now I bet you'll take forever to reply because you're starting to think up another random, nonsensical insult. My goodness, you're the little ad hominem king aren't you?

I'll try again.

Where is your evidence that God exists and he is eternal?

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join