It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plot holes in the bible and what the motivation for it would be

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
So yeah, plot holes in the Bible...

Hiram and Hiram Abi of Phoenicia, of Solomon's Temple. Queen of Heaven Isis/Ishtar/Asherah, who Esther is named for.

Become the Brit-ish people and the Venetians and they eventually colon-ized America with the Spanish, starting with Colon aka "Columbus."

Colum=Pillar as in Jachin, Boaz of Solomon's Temple. Enough pillars is a foundation. Foundation of fathers or the Founding fathers where we get the term "Pillar of the community." Pillar has much significance, is why it is "Colom" and not "Colon", a reason.

Bus is a mystery but I am sure significant.

Colum+bia

Bia=Abi as in Hiram "Abi"

Colum=Moluc!!!
Cristo-Baal!!!

Wow. Freemasons worship "Columbia."

I think I know why!!!

Sub rosa? No.

Sub Moluc.

Below Moluc.

Rosa is a distraction, don't look underneath unless you want to waste time.

Soar/Zohar is the Rose and Lily.

edit on 9-6-2017 by Disturbinatti because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Wow.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Disturbinatti

You gave me a list of three or four things you said were not in the bible.

I proved by chapter and verse that in fact they are.

You can't admit when you're wrong?

Fine - You've proven you have no credibility.

So find someone else to BS.

It’s not worth my time to have a discussion with someone lacking honor.

"Victoriously debates" - *face palm* - delusional, completely delusional.

peace
edit on 4613Friday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DiaJax

What part about the prophetic acting out of the resurrection are you not seeing clearly?

Abraham had been promised Isaac's seed would populate more nations than stars in the sky.

Isaac can't do that when he's dead.

Abraham did what he was told to do with great faith.

He knew God would have to resurrect Isaac - or find a sacrifice in his stead.

And God did - Christ.

But Abraham still had to go through it - for OUR sakes - modern day Christian sakes.

God knew Abraham would do as He was told - but WE didn't.

We needed to see Abraham act in faith.

And again - if you can't see the incredible beautiful prophecy of the resurrection here I don't know what else to say.

peace

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DiaJax

I agree that religion is not the problem.

I also agree the majority of religions help to build a moral foundation to serve as guidance.

I don't agree that there is a right/wrong religion. At the heart of all religions in a effort to be better. better as a human, better as a community, and better spiritually (whatever that means). Unfortunately this is the message that always gets lost.

People get so hung up on the literal translations and interpretations. What to believe what not to believe. Its one of the first forms of escapism. Its a way to rationalize the world around you with out every having to actually understand the world around you.

IMO religion is about groups of strangers coming together and learning how to co exist. Its the first attempt at etiquette and manners and civility. Somewhere along the way it got turned into a clubhouse and lots of fun exclusionary practices were added like excommunication, shunning, and general disgust/hatred for the other. This is the exact opposite of what religion is supposed to be.

Greed is the deadliest of sins cause even it can pervert Gods words.

Side question: could you give me a crash course on the beginnings of the Quran.

I know everything branches off of Judaism at one point but I don't know when or why as it relates to the Quran

Good post. I agree with a lot of what you're saying. Though, I really think it's a shame that...for as much as we have progressed...I wonder why people cannot simply let go of religion and learn to accept ups and downs and what is inherently right and wrong without having to have guidelines from a book.

Clearly, people should definitely be free to practice any religion of their choice...and we should definitely be accepting of everyone, despite our differences...I just hope that one day people will see these plot holes/twists and will wake up to the fact that a person can be an Atheist and still be a kind and compassionate individual who lives a happy and fulfilled life.

There are so many things within the bible that just do not make sense and it would be so easy to provide the facts on how they are not possible and how they do not make sense..you could do it until you're blue in the face...but you'll keep getting the same cover-all blanket excuses of "God works in mysterious ways" or "I just know God's real".

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth

I'm curious about something.

Have you ever read the bible? Gone to church?

Or?

Edit to Add: And yes, this is on topic. I have to have some type of base line from you before I can say any more.

peace
edit on 2712Friday201713 by silo13 because: see above

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

I'm curious about something.

Have you ever read the bible? Gone to church?

Or?

peace

Grew up in a Christian household. Used to be a believer. I've read the bible on many occasions. I did grow up going to church. I began to think for myself and realized all the problems with it. Thus, I did further research and it became evident. I changed the story to fit the facts...instead of what I have noticed a lot of Christians do...they change the facts to fit their story.
edit on 9-6-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: Added

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Ok. So after this background you're what?

Christian? Atheist?

None of my business really but knowing would dictate the wording in response to your post.

peace

edit on 3215Friday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Ok. So after this background you're what?

Christian? Atheist?

None of my business really but knowing would dictate the wording in response to your post.

peace

I added this as an edit to my post..but here:

I began to think for myself and realized all the problems with it. Thus, I did further research and it became evident. I changed the story to fit the facts...instead of what I have noticed a lot of Christians do...they change the facts to fit their story.

Thus, I'm Atheist.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Why do you e even think people should "let go" of religion?

Because people enjoy it?

Religion isn't going anywhere because people wish to please their Creator or demigods and what have you.

People like you might be dangerous if given the power to make people think as you do, if you think people should do what you want for any reason you are being narcissistic.

Science hasn't provided any answers regarding our origins and creation. And the Universe, life, is proof of a Creator Who if not for's Intelligent Creating, we would not exist, no life, which is so unbelievably impossible without God that to imagine that existence comes down to chance is true fallacy, borne of self-worship from people with the " 'God complex."

Point being that religion is a good thing until negative people show up and complain about how ridiculous it is to believe in God, causing mischief among people just living life.

It is really more ridiculous to say we exist because of a "Bang", a "Big" one. How big is impossible to tell because infinity makes determining size impossible when only an atom exists, it is just a silly theory anyway, sounds like L. Ron Hubbard came up with it.

It solves nothing and can't be proven...or proven wrong. Which is fine with science, if it can't be disproven it must be true I guess, even though people know it makes no sense they will say nothing because they will be slandered as a moron for going against the establishment.

What they mean is "We have no idea but just believe this for now so we look like we discovered something that is impossible to discover because nobody knows how the Universe came to be, or ever will and speculation is useless.

God is a much better explanation that, "Boom."

And the b.s unverifiable crap rhetoric that is just gibberish but nobody will admit it out of fear of being outcast, in Academia that is. You don't challenge the lords of science and work.

I am sorry but not believing in a Creator should mean not believing in a creation. But we have a creation and that is proof of a creator, obviously Intelligent.

Yet this simple logic has no place in the world of "progress."

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

To answer your question:

Because letting go of religion has nothing to do with progress and is partially a result of and depends on religion, it's culture and people like their culture and identities.

You erroneously believing that it is agreeable to progress to abandon God and religion is because you replaced it with "progress", an illusion actually.

We have regressed morally with the advance of science, we used 2 nuclear weapons, are always at war so we can use our progress to kill millions, and use poison to keep people sick but feeling good because cures aren't profitable.

That's not progress it's greed.

And sociopathic.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Disturbinatti

Why do you e even think people should "let go" of religion?

Because people enjoy it?

Religion isn't going anywhere because people wish to please their Creator or demigods and what have you.

People like you might be dangerous if given the power to make people think as you do, if you think people should do what you want for any reason you are being narcissistic.

Science hasn't provided any answers regarding our origins and creation. And the Universe, life, is proof of a Creator Who if not for's Intelligent Creating, we would not exist, no life that is so unbelievably impossible without God to imagine that existence comes down to chance is true fallacy, borne of self-worship from people with the " 'God complex."

Point being that religion is a good thing until negative people show up and complain about how ridiculous it is to believe in God, causing mischief among people just living life.

It is really more ridiculous to say we exist because of a "Bang", a "Big" one. How big is impossible to tell because infinity makes determining size impossible when it is just a silly theory anyway, sounds like a L. Ron Hubbard came up with.

What they mean is "We have no idea but just believe this for now so we look like we discovered something that is impossible to discover because nobody knows how the Universe came to be.

God is a much better explanation that, "Boom."

And the b.s unverifiable crap rhetoric that is just gibberish but nobody will admit it out of fear of being outcast, in Academia that is. You don't challenge the lords of science and work.

Why be insulting? I'm not narcissistic and I'm definitely not dangerous. It seems like you're getting defensive or else you wouldn't resort to name calling. This is a forum where people can come to discuss and debate. I'd say you should get brushed up on your science because there is plenty of evidence about our origins. Just because you do very little in the ways of comprehending or understanding it, it does not make it hokum. And it certainly does not mean there's a God.

There's no evidence for the existence of God. The only evidence you can provide has a basis in confirming your own biases. And all religious bias is fostering the illusion of having the truth. Instead of altering your views to fit the facts you alter the facts to fit your views. And it's not like scientists say it's a matter of "Boom". This shows that you know very little on the topic. God has never been a better explanation over science. And just because you call something gibberish (further proof of your inability to comprehend it) it does not mean it's erroneous.

And when you feel threatened, you resort to calling me dangerous and narcissistic. Great job there.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Dress it up fancy all you like.

Big Bang/Boom, is the same thing.

It just exposes how ridiculous of a theory it is, using even more simple language.

Who CAUSED this "Bang?"

It has to be intelligent and that is God, the Creator.

Creations always are created by a creator.

The Universe is no different.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

To answer your question:

Because letting go of religion has nothing to do with progress and is partially a result of and depends on religion, it's culture and people like their culture and identities.

You erroneously believing that it is agreeable to progress to abandon God and religion is because you replaced it with "progress", an illusion actually.

We have regressed morally with the advance of science, we used 2 nuclear weapons, are always at war so we can use our progress to kill millions, and use poison to keep people sick but feeling good because cures aren't profitable.

That's not progress it's greed.

And sociopathic.

It's no more erroneous than claiming that our regression and greed has anything to do with letting go. I'm an Atheist and I'm not greedy...I do not crave power...war...or anything like that. Science does not always equal the regression of mankind. Scientists created nuclear weapons, but that does automatically equal science being bad and the reason for war. No one is fighting a war over science. War in itself is terrible. But there have been more wars over religion versus science. So, what you're saying is a false correlation.

Atheism would not spell the regression of mankind. There's no evidence for that. Before science people were still going to war and they were still killing people. Be it modern weaponry or swords...war is war and killing people is still killing people. It's all atrocious. No one could argue that. And greed has very little to do with 'letting go of religion'. Whether it's X-ianity or the religions of the pharaohs. Religion has always been used by many of the elite and powerful to keep that elitism and power in pursuit of quelling the greed they feel.

I, respectfully, have to disagree with you.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

You deflect by saying "Whatever you call it..it's still wrong". That is what people who do not understand do..they shrug it off as 'fancy talk' and claim its too complicated and thus it must be God. And it's not a matter of it being a "Who". I bet you also are a disbeliever in evolution?

And, genius...Who created your God?
edit on 9-6-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: because

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

One civilization has "progressed" beyond religion.

Several actually, first the USSR.

China.

N. Korea.

Let us for sure imitate communism because it's a happy life!!!

That's what happens without God. More dead than 3 holocausts.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Ok well then, thank you for repsonding.

I guess there's really nothing to talk about then.

I'f you're coming at this from the standpoint no matter what all you'll get is a run around from Christians or the bible why bother?

peace

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

One civilization has "progressed" beyond religion.

Several actually, first the USSR.

China.

N. Korea.

Let us for sure imitate communism because it's a happy life!!!

That's what happens without God. More dead than 3 holocausts.

Hahahaha. I had no idea that these nations were proud Atheist nations? Since when does communism=Atheism?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Oh dumbass, huh?

Name calling, really?

God wasn't created God is Eternal, has ALWAYS existed.

Nobody created God. God isn't a creation He is "First Cause."

Not second, so has NO CAUSE .

Causes, is not caused by anything, and exists beyond time and space.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Ok well then, thank you for repsonding.

I guess there's really nothing to talk about then.

I'f you're coming at this from the standpoint no matter what all you'll get is a run around from Christians or the bible why bother?

peace

The same reason you're here. to discuss on a forum. Though, I don't prefer to randomly insult people like you have.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join