It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should We Trust What Former FBI Director JAMES COMEY Says At This Point?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This is like a "nuclear option"???

""Comey’s testimony could completely blow wide open the ongoing Trump-Russia saga that’s plagued the country’s political landscape for months and severely hampered the billionaire’s attempts to exact his domestic and foreign agenda.

But the president does have the option of blocking Comey from testifying if he attempts to invoke the constitutionally and largely court-upheld right of executive privilege.""

Source: www.newsweek.com...

I'm sure if President Trump tried this, some so-called judge, will reverse his order.
edit on 6/1/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Nixon's exercise of Executive Privilege was upheld by the SCOTUS, so if Trump were to do likewise and invoke that rather nebulous presidential power (not specifically granted in the Constitution), he could probably get away with it.

But I am 100% certain he won't do that. He's all but dared Comet to take his best shot.

I actually think Comey's testimony will not only clear Trump of the obstruction claim, but probably be the beginning of the end of the already floundering Russian collusion narrative.

We shall see, I guess.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
As a former member of the FBI under Mueller, I have the upmost respect for the man.

Comey....not so much.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

You're right. I don't think President Trump would invoke executive privilege either. Would be fun to see the liberal media seizures and fits, but it's not in Trump's best interest to do so.

If James Comey testifies that President Trump DID NOT ask him to stop investigating Michael Flynn, we'll still get some satisfaction from watching Democrat and Media discombobulation.

What I find strange is that FOX NEWS claimed an "exclusive" yesterday, stating that James Comey WILL testify that President Trump asked him to stop the Flynn-Russia investigation.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
As a former member of the FBI under Mueller, I have the upmost respect for the man.

Comey....not so much.

That's about the best insight we can ask for.

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

What I find strange is that FOX NEWS claimed an "exclusive" yesterday, stating that James Comey WILL testify that President Trump asked him to stop the Flynn-Russia investigation.

OK, I didn't know that. I flipped in and out of the FNC shows last night, but yesterday was chaotic around here on several levels so i might have missed something.

Still, I stand by my prediction that Comey won't have the goods on Trump and his testimony will actually help POTUS.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I saw it on the front page of FoxNews.com yesterday.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I will believe everything Comey says.

As long as he exposes the Democrats and only the Democrats.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I will be as direct a I can------ NO

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I saw it on the front page of FoxNews.com yesterday.

www.foxnews.com...

Thanks for that. I totally missed it...

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I will believe everything Comey says.

As long as he exposes the Democrats and only the Democrats.

I don't think that's a surprise to anyone

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

The liberal media and Democrats are now FRUSTRATED that a special council investigation was opened, even though they begged for and demanded one. With Mueller now running the big show, they get no "red meat" to build FAKE NEWS stories on. Not from him anyway.

Yeah, that's what my gut's telling me. We're not hearing about it, but I'm pretty sure things are happening behind the scenes. I'd say some critters are more than a little nervous.... and some are quaking in their boots. I would also say that deals are being made -- and deals are being denied. I don't believe for a minute that the Obama admin folks weren't using their ill-gotten data to twist arms and exploit and extort anyone and everyone they could. At least some of those folks will be jump at the opportunity to spill their guts and see their tormentors get their comeuppance. Old alliances are crumbling and new alliances are forming. This is way way bigger than any of us can imagine at this point.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Definitely! Those subpoenas against 3 Obama officials yesterday caught everyone by surprise. The liberal media is still not reporting much about them, cause they think they're REAL. Liberal MSM only reports Fake political news.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

Definitely! Those subpoenas against 3 Obama officials yesterday caught everyone by surprise. The liberal media is still not reporting much about them, cause they think they're REAL. Liberal MSM only reports Fake political news.

Yup! The fact that they haven't even figured out a way to spin this yet is telling in itself... very telling...

Did you see that the Dems -- after all their insinuations and innuendoes about Carter Page -- have now DIS-invited him to testify??? Page is pushing it -- so is Trump -- demanding his right to face his accusers and defend himself against their veiled and not-so-veiled accusations. Hmmmmm!

ETA:

President Donald Trump chided Democrats Wednesday morning after Fox News broadcast a story reporting that Democrats revoked former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page’s invitation to testify before Congress about his potential ties to the Russian government.

“So now it is reported that the Democrats, who have excoriated Carter Page about Russia, don't want him to testify,” President Donald Trump wrote on Twitter.

Trump blasts Dems after Fox airs story on Carter Page not testifying
edit on 1-6-2017 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I wonder what's the deal with the new FBI Director who was supposed to be announced "very soon" two weeks ago.

Leibermann dropped out, but they interviewed many people. Perhaps no one wants the job? Maybe he's asking them all that loyalty question and not getting the answer he wants.

Sorry if too off-topic.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Perhaps no one wants the job? Maybe he's asking them all that loyalty question and not getting the answer he wants.

Exactly.

edit on 2-6-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

I wonder what's the deal with the new FBI Director who was supposed to be announced "very soon" two weeks ago.

Leibermann dropped out, but they interviewed many people. Perhaps no one wants the job? Maybe he's asking them all that loyalty question and not getting the answer he wants.

Sorry if too off-topic.

The "loyalty" question cannot be asked. If it was, we'd hear about it. My guess is that Trump & Co are working their way through a list. It's only been a month...

Besides, Sessions and the DOJ are still busy preparing indictments for Bill Clinton's wife and Obama.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
June 4, 2017

This is interesting...

"During ABC's 'This Week' roundtable, GOP strategist Alex Castellanos quipped that following the revelation that as FBI director, James Comey based part of an investigation on a piece of Russian disinformation, there is now more evidence that Comey colluded with Russia to influence the election than did President Trump."

Full Article at: www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
This would have been a better title for this thread...

"DONALD TRUMP or JAMES COMEY - Whom Does America Trust More?"

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

Comey....not so much.

As a former member of the fbi perhaps you can answer how can Mueller investigate Comey? Is there not a conflict of interest there as they worked closely for so long?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join