It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should We Trust What Former FBI Director JAMES COMEY Says At This Point?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
June 1, 2017

Former FBI Director, James Comey, is going to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee next Thursday (June 8, 2017). He is expected to say that President Trump "pressured him" to drop the investigation into (then) National Security Advisor, Michael Flynn, and his ties to Russia.

Source: www.washingtonpost.com... im/?utm_term=.e50386cf90e1

We're all aware of the numerous flip-flops, and mis-speaks, of former FBI Director James Comey, in just the last 12 months. Not to mention the revelation last week, that Comey used a Russian-generated document, containing FAKE information, to bypass the Dept of Justice in 2016.

REF: www.businessinsider.com...

No matter what James Comey says in next week's testimony, one political party will love/believe him, and other will label him a liar. Both political parties have said, at one point or another, that James Comey is not trustworthy... but particularly the Democrats. They feel that he was a big reason why Hillary Clinton lost the 2016 Presidential election.

ATS FAMILY: Based on his recent history, should former FBI Director Comey's testimony next week be believed by anyone? Unless he has REAL evidence to VERIFY what he claims, I think not. What do YOU think?

-CareWeMust

edit on 6/1/2017 by carewemust because: title adjustment

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I have a hard time believing bureacrats, politicians or glorified salesmen. Comey has records and witnesses to back up his testimony; It's not a matter of "he said, she said" anymore.
edit on 1-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Who has the most to hide?

The "collusion" thing is evidence free and likely to remain that way.

Obama/Clinton/Lynch were arrogant and wrong about the election.

"Those who the Gods would destroy

They first make proud"

I think Comey might make the Democrats squeal the loudest.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Can you post a link supporting your evidence claim?? Because all I have heard about is a possible one sided memo full of conjecture at best.... hardly cold hard facts...

And to answer the OP.... HELL NO!! And that was my feelings about any director long before this election and the absolute crap that has come out on both sides....
edit on 1-6-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Doesn't matter if he has evidence or doesn't have evidence.

Based on the "recent history" you allude to, I expect the same people will attack his testimony and whatever evidence, if any, he has. All that remains to be seen is which side they come down on.

Like every other subject that Trump is involved with.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Comey's credibility is a lot better than Trump's.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

It's really quite simple. He can testify under oath, then Trump can testify under oath. Who do you think will say "no?"

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

ATS FAMILY: Based on his recent history, should former FBI Director Comey's testimony next week be believed by anyone? Unless he has REAL evidence to VERIFY what he claims, I think not. What do YOU think?

No. Under current law, many government critters -- including Comey -- are not just allowed to blatantly lie to protect classified information, but are literally required to lie. Our own form of the dreaded taqiya.

But I really don't think he'll say much of anything new in open session anyway. All the meat will be in the closed session and we won't hear it.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
On a personal level. I think Comey tends to be a bit of a self-aggrandizing, self-righteous drama queen, but so far, I don't see him as a congenital liar like Bill Clinton's wife.

The problem I have with any physical "notes" Comey might produce regarding the 27 January dinner he had with POTUS, is that he never showed them to anyone, never mentioned it in sworn testimony before Congress, and has still not confirmed these "notes" exist.

There's no way to prove when the notes were created. It could have been 5 minutes after dinner with Trump, it could be 5 days after he was fired in May months later.

If the "notes" even do exist, and if they rise to the level of evidence that an actual offense occurred, Comey himself is open to prosecution per 18 U.S.C. §§ 4 MISPRISON OF FELONY, and 28 US Code 1361 ACTION TO COMPEL AN OFFICER. He sat on those notes for 3.5 months.

Notes or no notes, it's still a he-said/he-said situation and there's ZERO chance any action would be taken.

Trump has proven to be a very honest person. Liberals accuse him of lying all the time, but as is always the case, they can never back up their accusations. If it comes down to who's more credible, Trump wins that one, IMHO.

edit on 1-6-2017 by SBMcG because: Liberalism is thievery.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
if he says what I want him to say, I'm all for it, otherwise, no.

I'm being honest, but ultimately, his sworn testimony will be exactly that, and it's not up to me or anyone else.
The argument becomes, if he was pressured to drop the case, and never said anything, it he in any trouble for that? And of course, since the investigation continued/s it seems that all the begging Trump did, resulted in nothing, so at that point, was it illegal to ask? again, not up to me.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I hope he can produce those "records and/or witnesses" next week. Otherwise it's just more James Comey "show boating".

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Comey's credibility is a lot better than Trump's.

Of course you would say that. The king of the Trump witch hunts.
At this point, Comey's credibility is no better than Hillary's.
Just the fact that he let Hillary off the hook, ruined his credibility on any topic.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Excellent post, SBMcG. James Comey said in May 8th testimony that he'd report if anyone pressured him to drop a case. But then, if he's not trustworthy.. who knows.

You're right about Comey not being as crooked and untrustworthy as Hillary. That's a bar that's set so low, very few humans can LIMBO under it.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Should We Trust What Former FBI Director JAMES COMEY Says At This Point?

Should we trust what anyone in Washington says?

I think not.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
If the "notes" even do exist, and if they rise to the level of evidence that an actual offense occurred, Comey himself is open to prosecution per 18 U.S.C. §§ 4 MISPRISON OF FELONY, and 28 US Code 1361 ACTION TO COMPEL AN OFFICER. He sat on those notes for 3.5 months.

You got it dude.
That is the key thing the Leftists don't understand......if Comey comes out and says that Trump broke the law pressuring him to drop the investigation, then Comey himself is going to jail for not reporting it when it happened.
All the Leftists think is that Comey is going to sink Trump.....ok maybe so....but not without sinking himself in the process.
I really doubt that Comey wants to be a martyr, he is not going to sink himself.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Comey is not going to incriminate himself and he is already on the record that Trump didn't do anything to persuade him to drop the investigation. He refused the closed hearing but soon after he suddenly decides to testify in a public hearing. There are 2 outcomes and a real shocker that most likely won't occur. I doubt he will be doing what people expect from him. The MSM and both parties dragged him trough the mud and my take on this is that he just wants to clear his name. The alleged memo was never published and i guess being called incompetent has to really sting as well. Hillary's statement about Comey was the icing on the sh!t cake. I don't feel sorry for him because well he took the money they offered him to drop the investigation into the server sh!tshow but he could still throw the DNC and Hillary under the bus. Though i doubt that very much because he surely values his life.

Here is what's gonna happen in the next few days. Both parties will try to discredit Comey further because they are certainly in hot water if he tells the public what he knows. Mind you this has nothing to do with Trump. It's all about the cover up of the illegal surveillance apparatus and the illegal unmasking of american citizens. Of course there is also the Seth Rich murder and the whole server fiasco. They have a lot to lose if this comes out.

I'm still not convinced that there was even bad blood between Trump and Comey. This could've been all a ruse to keep both parties guessing and weigh them in safety before the hammer drops. Btw Sessions is awfully quiet.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I really don't think he'll say much of anything new in open session anyway. All the meat will be in the closed session and we won't hear it.

You're probably right about that, Boadicea. Comey met privately with Special Council Robert Mueller earlier in the week. Mueller now knows everything..whatever that is.

The liberal media and Democrats are now FRUSTRATED that a special council investigation was opened, even though they begged for and demanded one. With Mueller now running the big show, they get no "red meat" to build FAKE NEWS stories on. Not from him anyway.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
No, just like every single other person in any Govt position who opens their mouth. They all have an agenda, are pushing a specific narrative, have been bought and influenced by money, fear for their career or life, or any other thing you can think of. If you have been alive the last 8-10 years, you should know that by now. None of these people can be trusted, not 1 person, and not 1 word from any of them.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I trust what President Trump says. He's not 100% correct of course, but he has yet to intentionally lie, like the MSM does.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This is a big old giant...

"Nothing Burger".

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join