It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BEBOG

'day BEBOG. A familiar ring to your writing style. Not the least that nearly everything went way over my head. Or perhaps it that I cannot read between the lines? Doesn't matter, I just never got the hang of it.

BYes anime is unique, perhaps it is something to do with the Japanese genius loci.

Yet I would say of the past and stand firm in my thinking that there are many wrongs to be righted that cause suffering still in the human and also there are those who were discarded to the rubbish bin of mythology. What of them; the toys of the antidiluvian epoch when man (?) played God with life itself and whom are now condemned as quote abominations?

That the goddess Quan Yin traps and tames dragon spirits is on one hand a civilising thing on the surface, yet below, it is a grab for power by a human.

I am perhaps alone in my thinking, but still, why not? If for no other reason then it annoys the PTB.

afterthought

That said, if your referring to people's past and strange things, then I would perhaps agree that the past is the past.

Certainly psychics are not much good there . Yet to understand often helps.

Understanding through understanding cause and effect, understanding coincidences too. No one needs psychics to do that. Just plain old effort and detective work. If I poke that hole in the tree I get stung by bees. . . . . .

edit on 23-4-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: afterthought

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

Yeah. You could be a therapist you know.

Hopefully I won't be getting restless again any time soon.

I just wish I had the means to bridge the gap.
edit on 24-4-2018 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

Yeah. You could be a therapist you know.

Hopefully I won't be getting restless again any time soon.

I just wish I had the means to bridge the gap.

Therapist? maybe not for humans, I'm busy enough with "critters" having problems with humans as it is. Like looking after children, it is a 24/7 job.

Is it really a "gap"? Or is it something in the way?

My suggestion is to look between two thoughts. That's what I basically do.

How does one get from thought A to though B?

What is between two thoughts?

The void.

Looking between two thoughts is to look into the void.

That is where you can find your friend.

Takes a practice, but once you get the knack it is easy.

The "language barrier" can be over come by learning the language of appearance.

When people speak of "illusion, shapeshifters and deception" in conjunction with the neighbors (fairies etc.) I often wonder if it is a case of simple illiteracy. If a cat wags it's tail this means "stay away", if a dog wags it's tail it means "I am happy". That is a simple example of the language of appearance. A sense of a smile, a touch conveys something. The game of charades where a story is told without words is another example.

They can test us too. To trust a human is a big thing and they have tested me to nth degree. My wood-nymphs wanted a pond, so I bought them one and filled it with water. Next it was goldfish, water plants, landscaping and so on. Visiting plant nurseries one after another with picky fairies is no fun after a while. Like buying cloths for young girls who are not happy with just any sun-dress "it HAS to be the one I saw!" (groan).

And just like making new friends in the human world, sometimes both sides have to work at it with patience, especially if there is difficulty in understanding what each other is wanting to say. Frustrations and tantrums are not just restricted to human children. Regrets will often follow.

Look between two thoughts; it is easier then you would think ; )

afterthought

Another way to look at it is to think of our theories and book-learning as pictures cut from a magazine. Those "educated" thoughts are like putting pictures on our window of perception. Too many pictures and we can no longer see past them into the landscape beyond.

Perhaps one could perhaps say: people can't see the trees for the forest.

edit on 24-4-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: tidyness and added afterthought

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Yes I've thought about it. Your second to last post is spot on the money. She is a "noisy neighbor" like you described.

I think I have to atleast meet her half way. If not she might come back with a vengeance, and it will have been worse than if I had accomodated her sooner.

Kinda like anger. You can't bottle it up or you will snap. An analogy.

But I don't have any of the stuff to coax her out with. No more camera, or memory stick or computer or phone. Ugh you don't know the whole story to it.

It's like I'm all out of strikes...

I have tremendous respect for you and your family. I hope you guys have healthy relationships.

To occupy the void between thoughts. Could get me in trouble. All of my boring steady, stabilizing force come from my relationship. It works, but it's like put together with twigs.

That crazy bitch would jeopardize all of that. She wants thrills. But I think we will be on calm waters for the foreseeable future.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

He is my rock. And she just wants to probably just blow it up. We don't know how to be stable without him. And we don't have the means to survive on our own. He is like my star. And this orbit is so boring, but it's so reliable at the same time.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Who is he who is she?

you patched it up with sticks? You seem better this year than in previous times. I think you must be doing a better job of it in the last year than in years previous. You are stronger at being you, I think.

boring to be stable yet stable is something you desire?

My ex gf wanted you unstable, thats just a random memory.. from my angle she wanted you off any medications. Or atleast she said "mousy thinks she needs her medications." the way she said it, the way she was.. Not sure what she said to you.

Like what you said about bottling up anger I had to appease her somewhat.. I had to humor her. Her was a person, but I'm not convinced she even knows what happened in totality.. SHE might have just been a small part of herself. She obviously didn't see the other parts of herself..

I wonder what you think about that?

i don't look between thoughts anymore. I don't meditate. My regular life is stable and for the first time I'm really driving the ship. I can't imagine talking to plants again now haha.. Talking to people is hard enough with all that is going on in the world currently.

I wish some of you could have experienced what I did. I'm not the best at articulating. If someone else had the memories maybe we could understand some deeper truths.
edit on 25-4-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   

"a noisy neighbor" -- there ya go. I don't go looking at people "clairvoyantly" so I am just making educated guesses and relying on intuition.

What if they wanted to apologize?

You and Reverbs know more then I know,

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I know more than you about what exactly?

Mousy is talking about herself I think?

I'm not in direct knowledge of these things, except my ex was in direct communication with many people with many accounts so It's been a hell of a time trying to figure all of this out.

I'm not privy to the current conversation.. I'm just using my intuition and memory of random things.. Nothing direct.

Maybe you know more than me??

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Okay now I AM confused.

No matter. I think I'll go make a cuppa and where are my cigarettes . . . . .

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

I wish my last post could be more direct.
I think mousy is talking about herself. (I don't know this)

I understand what you mean by being in between thoughts.
You just get out of the way, and then you see anything that is there. It's how I used to 'talk' to plants..
Or like I said earlier, peoples psychology colors the environment like looking through a stain glassed window in a church..

I quit smoking like 2 months ago or I'd join you.
edit on 25-4-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

You can follow what I talk about : )

Smoking keeps me grounded in a way, and I understand your not going out there too.

I'll stay out there talking to friends coz some are now moving from curious to interested and showing new things I didn't know before. I want to achieve a few goals and it is progress. ATS is an odd place where people don't seem to want to know about ufos and where they are from and how they work.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Yes, I am talking about myself. A different version of me. Whether or not you could call that an alternate personality I don't know.

But yeah, things are steady and sustainable and reliable. You could say I'm better now. Boredom is a price I pay for stability. Sometimes I think it's not worth it. But then I remember to appreciate what I have. I'm like rapunzel. I can rely on a very safe and easy life. But I can see out the window to the world. And I know it can be hard to navigate. But it's a point of curiosity regardless.

That European girl had an interesting way of writing her posts. It was minimal and simplistic at times. After reading a lot of her fun, quirky posts, that style of writing got in my head and started affecting the way I was thinking! I think that contributed to the person I used to be.

I'm still trying to answer that question... I mean there should be a balance, right? It's a struggle. I want to be able to rely on a certain level of stability in life. But I think I'm entitled to some excitement too.

edit on 25-4-2018 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2018 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
**aside, again**

Haven’t kept up. Don’t know the thread of the conversation.

All I can say is that the least they can death tax you is about 2K. That is the cheapest way out (cremation). And that is a major (mostly) city. Start adding 1,000s after that amount for hard to reach places.

My dad passed yesterday. This is the most emotional I’ve been and that ain’t much. Bastids tax you on the way out. How sick is that??!! People suck. This world doesn’t need saving but somebody better than me will try.

I will do the least amount of harm as possible. We are owned from the cradle to the grave.

The system sucks!

I will do my damndest to take it down!

#ItAintWorthSaving

ETA: Skip the “sorry to hear the news” stuff! I said good bye twenty years ago. I actually had a good time meeting another generation and finding we all have the same sense of humor!! E.g., “He wants his @sses... ashes spread...” (we both started grinning!!)
edit on 25-4-2018 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: funny

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

Yes, I am talking about myself. A different version of me. Whether or not you could call that an alternate personality I don't know.

But yeah, things are steady and sustainable and reliable. You could say I'm better now. Boredom is a price I pay for stability. Sometimes I think it's not worth it. But then I remember to appreciate what I have. I'm like rapunzel. I can rely on a very safe and easy life. But I can see out the window to the world. And I know it can be hard to navigate. But it's a point of curiosity regardless.

That European girl had an interesting way of writing her posts. It was minimal and simplistic at times. After reading a lot of her fun, quirky posts, that style of writing got in my head and started affecting the way I was thinking! I think that contributed to the person I used to be.

I'm still trying to answer that question... I mean there should be a balance, right? It's a struggle. I want to be able to rely on a certain level of stability in life. But I think I'm entitled to some excitement too.

I know that writing style affected me as well.
I still catch myself sometimes being the way she was.
That was part of her magic.

As for me I keep my excitement down to socializing with humans as I am still getting back a normal degree of perception. Once I have that in place, I can go back to looking at the weird part of life without fear of succumbing to the weird, at the detriment of things like my job and my rent.

I always have my dreams where I'm full on nutz haha. Dude last one I was flying around this giant house I guess you could call it a house, like a one billion dollar house. equipped with train tracks, multiple buildings race tracks mclarens.. Not only that, but they had Long bow archers, crazy dudes with whips, all kinds of mixed up mythological animals, some were like "guard dogs" but they were sort of like water buffalo with Ram heads.. Lions mixed with eagles.. Stuff like that..

I was flying around like I was sitting in an invisible chair using what looked like pencils and would launch them against a stack of papers at the archer snipers as I was trying just to survive, but also this food the main girl had was magic in it's properties for some reason, and I needed to eat it or no matter how far I flew around I would not get to the edge of this compound. Like many of my dreams, there was some magical way that things stretched on forever, while being contained in a few square miles.. The food was my way out.

My friend owed a scary dude money, he was homeless and sleeping, though homeless in the giant house? He was in a part where there were workers, I may have been a cook actually. He woke up with a snap I had no time to get away, and hes ferociously snapping the ground on either side of me with a whip and I'm just rolling around huddled up. He asks me to get the money from the other guy. Then after dodging the arrows and the flying and getting away from the chimeras and stuff I did get to the head girl and took her food.. LOL.. I ate it and got out of this weird bubble world. (I don't know why but I'm often trapped in some queens castle as her worker bee, and it's magically sealed like we are in another parallel world) anyway now I'm "outside."

Outside there was a shortage on truckers and deliveries had been not made for days, so I took this dudes truck and asked him where it all went, I had three stops.. the first place I accidentally drove the truck into the store, not like through the wall, just all the sudden oh damn reverbs you were supposed to leave the truck outside, these aisles are too narrow, the back end is jackkjnifing so I just back out knocking over some shelves the people got out of the way.. Whew.. unload, on to the next one it's candy flavored meats, like rasberry banana beef patties, and chocolate sausages.. yep.. I kept asking where it was and people kept telling me it's "right around the corner." I'm having trouble remembering the name..

I get on the highway oh #, I'm goign the wrong way, 3 cars all coming at me blocking all the lanes, I whip it around, and again all the lanes are filled!! how the hell, oh you are supposed to pull out at just the right time go through traffic and get off on one of the sides, ok ahh and there is the convience store, I park outside bloacking all the parking and go to deliver it but the woman is pissed and tries to stab me, I get in the car now her knife is paper and shes poking my hand with it, I turned on the tractor trailer and screeched on our of there, but guess what reverbs this heavy azz truck is going down hill, and now we are smashing the brakes but it's not really braking enough, and the cops light me up..

I ended up running into a cop who I couldn't see he was in my blind spot and now I'm just like "why the hell did I take this guys truck anyway I don't even drive!" Now I speed up, once you have just probably seriously injured a cop there is no turning back, well I do turn because traffic is heavy ahead and I see more cops, but in turning a rammed another patrolling officer right off the side road.. great, now I've really done it.. Then I was looking at this white field covering all my vision.. "Oh that's my wall haha I'm awake," then I proceeded to laugh about the rich kids in wonderland with their weird pets, fast cars and magic food.. Yep, I'm no truck driver, but I have some skills with a bow.

edit on 26-4-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
When I was 17 ...I had a little alien smile at me...and zap me...he ran over to me..and touched my arm ...and knocked me out..!! I was in my room..in the afternoon.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Aww this is really bad timing
I was given to 2am to stop using the phone
I'll give this a good response tomorrow.
The clock just struck 203

edit on 26-4-2018 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   

mm finally unlazy enough to find out how to sniff the windows cd key off the compy since hp doesnt give them out. and I moved so I found all my usb drives..

its about the slowest computer ive ever worked on, so it really needs all the care and streamlining I can give it. Fresh install..

its not worth enough to even add ram if the system board even supports more. but because I just got that cd key, if I were to build a new rig from scratch atleast I have windows..

I havnt been geeky enough lately. Just realized I havn't even peered into the bios at all. the last time ive seen that was when all the weird in the world turned life into insanity haha. It's been years. better grab some drivers first just in case its like the old days and my NIC won't go online lol.

you can flash the bios from inside of windows these days? interesting.. Ehh you can also fix it with a back up if the version doesnt like your board.. and now the SCARY part.. Ok I think all is well, was holding my breath.

Step one seems to have worked..

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   

There is also Linux. . . .

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen

There is also Linux. . . .

linux is not my cup of tea especially with driver support.

whats the point if nothing I use is compatible?

I might do a dual boot situation later, but honestly Im just having fun.. lets see if I can get this back up and running. now where did I put that cd key ... wouldnt it be hilarious if I wrote it down wrong?

lol it went so fast I forgot to update the boot sequence.. Scared myself again.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

If it is not bleeding edge hardware it is probably supported, some laptops can be a lost cause. My daughter's lenovo was one. My HP laptop works fine.

Good luck with the reinstall.

new topics

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join