It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

"MuddyFrog"

As far as birthdays go, I never have an issue remembering the actual date (it was on a Friday the 13th with a full moon, afterall), but my age? Yeah, I'd have to do the math.

Also tend to need reminding when it actually comes around. Connecting the date with the day, as it were, is apparently not my thing.

Random re-entry.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

Funny how the simplest visual stimuli can shape our perception.

When it was good ol Ikari, always saw you as male/masculine. With the new one that's reversed. No real conscious interaction to it, other than awareness. Perhaps even more interesting is how many folks perceive those auto-connects as objective Truth.

Don't know too many shoujo anime, unless something like Natsume Yuujinchou counts. Any suggestions? I do tend to like having slice of life going while working on guitars.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I've had many names even I was called Dustytoad.. LOL.. Roses and such.

Can't remember which name was me when we met. May have been KnightLight..

And am I making up that you had a squirrel avatar? I realize now, that your mood may have given me that impression, lol..

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I remember dustytoad, knightlight too..

Don't know if I've ever actually had a squirrel avatar, though its been my mood for quite some time.

My steam avatar is that one with a squirrel wearing combat gear and manning (squirelling?) what appears to be a micro-SAW.

Can't even remember why I put that as my mood years ago, but at some point the squirrel ethos invaded my life.

We will prevail!

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Hey, linky here for TEOT's "schuman resonance of black holes" belief (not even a theory! Just a conjecture)

phys.org - Atoms may hum a tune from grand cosmic symphony.

Yeah it is about the big bang (BB!! lol), but it should also hold for black holes and local entanglement (I am guessing).

Peace out! Enjoy your weekend! Laugh.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I don't doubt you Reverbs. I've had "impossible" things happen here often enough to get used to it. A girl's "little black dress" for a Friday night out appeared on my washing line one day and I hung it on a coat hanger in the family room hoping someone would recognize it. That was while looking into a string of disappearances. A few weeks ago my beloved yotaphone2's battery was cooked and died when someone rang while I was supposed to be doing something important. Just friends helping out to get me out of that phonecall conversation I guess.

That was crazy to experience so now I have a few options.. USA has craft that can fly with no visible propulsion system, unless the lights are a byproduct of that.. Or someone else came to visit me..

Just my thought here, but that experience of yours was then and not now. You alraedy know the "impossible" can occur.

A few odd things today. I read your post above early this morning and a (non-physical) young dark haired girl appears in front of me dripping wet. Then latter I am sure I read, but can't find now, a new thread here on ATS about a psychotronic device for mind control causing tinnitus, spontaneous orgasms, voices and all the usual things that happens to a lot of so-called "crazy" people. Someone found a zip file in a freedom of information request that outlined this "weapon" and it's effect on victims.

I saw a picture of one of those triangles and tried to look into how it was fueled, "fuel-less" is all I could come up with. I'm not very good with nuts and bolts technology.

Maybe someone else did visit or follow you home. I wonder about the coincidence of the "dripping wet girl" this morning. And that thread I can't find explains a lot about what a lot of ATS people experience and not just yourself.

edit

Found the thread: Washington State Fusion Center accidentally releases records on remote mind control

edit on 21-4-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: added edit

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Funny how the simplest visual stimuli can shape our perception. When it was good ol Ikari, always saw you as male/masculine. With the new one that's reversed. No real conscious interaction to it, other than awareness. Perhaps even more interesting is how many folks perceive those auto-connects as objective Truth.

Good point there Serdgiam, so good ol' Ikari is back. - I always feel odd when discovering that what I thought was femalel is really not. I just felt like thumbing my nose at the "know it alls".

Don't know too many shoujo anime, unless something like Natsume Yuujinchou counts. Any suggestions? I do tend to like having slice of life going while working on guitars.

Shoujo is perhaps a too broad of a term - I'm just not a fan of DBZ or mecha. Preferring romantic with a bit of comedy over anything else. Shoujo-ai is my favourite, though people look at you funny when they realise what that means.

"Teasing Master Takagi-san" I really liked, Konohana Kitan was wonderful even though too moe for my kids. Loved Sakura Trick and Yuru-Yuri too. Watching Hinamatsuri and FranXX at the moment.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

"Conker's bad fur day" from the Nintendo64 perchance?

Awesome game in it's day!

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

You are not in Perth are you? You could have met dark haired eastern european psychic hottie lol..
The black triangle was long ago, but it still relates because of how it came about.. If I wasn't me, it would not have been there. It was there because of me, or my mind was a way where it could be there.. I don't know.. Back then I had one off events like that.

I had a year of straight oddities with the black haired girl.. Oddities where I doubted I was still alive.. I wondered if I was in some sort of fake reality like a waiting room to get back into reality.. It was just insane.. I miss it really bad, and I think it almost destroyed me. It ended in scars, and unmarked cars, and tasers.. Doctor says, "you have low sodium." without looking up from his clipboard then walks out.. Ask the nurse, "why am I here." She doesn't know and seems extremely confused by my paperwork..

That all made me really think I may have lost it, but they thought I was completely fine. I walked out..
Later I looked for a police report since I was in an altercation with multiple cops.. Some girl told me she put the heat on me, next day cops running up on me grabbing on me.. So trying to get away turned into oh # I pulled two cops to the ground and have a taser in my hand.. I gave it back thinking "don't get shot dude." I said please don't tase me..
That line doesn't work.. I fried like some over cooked barbeque..

No police report..

Come back the next day and see dark haired hottie has 167 messages on my fb page.. "why does it burn!" "it hurts stop it!"

blah blah blah..

She was more than in my head.

I swear she was literally feeling my pain, or she is the smartest psychopath ever... Doesn't explain how she knew my uncle was "airplane man" or how I wasn't alone, eventhough I lied.. Or how she did anything she did..
If anyone wants to know true out of this world woo, find her..

Sorry boo.

Don't mind me.

This is 4 minutes long, and it's phillip K dick.. But it's so much perfect for my life now..
He speaks of "dark haired hottie, and my and his experience is similar.

I'm not against the idea my computer/wifi.. was used in some way against me.. At the time there were very suspect russian accounts making threads about "being chosen" the questions asked were like a facebook quiz to self congratulate how woke you are.. But, I noticed the key drive of the questions were ":what is your melatonin balance to Serotonin.." Realized after the fact..

I heard music on youtube, that has no URL... Like # went super weird.. And realistically I was not meant to be alive or remember any of it.
I'm a stubborn motherfvcker. And I will hurt the hell out of anyone who is that evil. I have this weird ability to not get too hurt on the spirit side.. Like someone has my back? I don't know it might just be me.. But bad people pay harshly when they "play games" with me.

I think me allegiance to truth first before all else is something that gives me more spiritual energy and leeway than some other people experience.
edit on 21-4-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I'm so glad you are back.

I can't decide whether I'm glad I didn't follow your advice or if I should have..

You warned me right at the perfect timing..

I didn't listen, and everything went nuts.. Well, I didn't know who to trust at that point, and you had a lot of energy packed in your post.. I kind of thought you might be working with her..

"careful who you trust on the internet."

Now looking back, you were trying to look out for me. It's weird to me you would even be like that.
Just perfect timing to give me a choice on my path, like you came out of the wood work right on time? Is this shiz scripted? lol..

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Perth? Not far away about an hour to midland.

I sorta keep to myself and away from psychics which is why I live in the country, so no psychic babes.

But really, we have to keep our feet firmly in this world particularly after the strange stuff happens. We gotta recuperate and regain a sense of being "me". That is why I emphasized the "that was then, this is now".

Vitamins and minerals are important especially the Bs. It is not by co-incidence that psychiatric hospitals give new admissions a big B12 shot first.

It's been years since I studied the correlation between vitamin and mineral deficiencies weakening the physical body's psychic resistance, defense and integrity.

Following on from there I am actually studying along the lines of what do the unseen critters eat. Everyone needs to eat. So about four years ago we planted a small citrus orchard in my back yard. About nine or so trees, oranges, lemons and mandarins. These are for feeding some of my "girls" like the deceased Orb I mentioned and the Fae Folk.

It is also a way of providing "guests" with something to eat instead of me while we work out how to help them and why they followed me home.

But anyway I am starting to waffle on. But really traumatic events take time to get over. I like a strong gin after a particularly hard day and smoke way too much.

I'm a bit like you in that I don't like people who mistreat fairies and I'll usually make sure they don't do it again. : )

edit on 21-4-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: typo

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I get it about the know-it-alls.. "Scientism" has turned into a religion all its own. I've long argued that religion does not necessitate the inclusion of deities, but is instead more accurately identified by behavior and classification within the group (priest class, the flock, etc.).

The sad truth is that, like any other religion, folks don't practice what they preach. Following the scientific method, by its very nature, requires an admission of ignorance, limited knowledge, and limited ability. How ironic, then, that so many adherents profess the polar opposite position.

Sadly, such people tend to be the least likely to actually practice science themselves. Eschewing the scientific method in favor of google-fu and, at best, reading some scientific journals.

We are a funny species.. we take a method specifically made to admit our faults and lack of knowledge and turn it into dogma and a stick to beat nonbelievers into submission.

Ill have to check those titles out. I'm always on the lookout for a good watch. I love Natsume Yuujinchou, and have also recently enjoyed Eden of the East, Deadman Wonderland, the full Mushishi, and Outlaw Star. Recently tried to get into Clannad, but it didn't do much for me. Eta: Oooh, I've also REALLY been enjoying watching through Stargate SG-1 again.

Still not sure what kicked off the squirrel thing (doubtful it was a video game, no matter how great), but I think what cemented it was an incident my stepdad saw years ago.

There were two squirrels that were assumedly mates living in a tree in their yard. One day, one of those squirrels was hit by a car. Not particularly noteworthy itself, but what the mate did then, is.

The surviving squirrel dragged their mate all the way from the road back into the trees. In the process, harbinger (eta:supposed to be "braving," but interesting typo given the context) everything from cars, to cats, the highwire acts along the tops of fences.

Pretty astounding.
edit on 21-4-2018 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2018 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Well, I'm a weird one

I'm not sure "scripted" is the right word, but I do think its something like that. Kind of like the orbits of planets happening on many scales, including social interactions and relationships. Just have to be willing to wave at a passing body when the time is right.

Before all these health issues, I was a helluva lot more in tune with those movements, and the deeper aspects of being so to speak. But, it seems that connection was severed, at least my awareness of it.

I don't think it can be severed completely, as whatever battery, or part of my being, is there seems strong enough to still influence things.

I still believe it was intentionally done, most likely by a relatively large group. I feel like its important, actually, but have mostly given up on figuring it out.

I just try to help where I can. Its.. mostly.. well received. Whether or not someone listens isn't so much my business. In some ways, I think it'd be like telling an asteroid "you probably shouldn't collide with that there planet." Even when nudged, the velocity and trajectory may still be a collision course.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

yea I feel you on the physical side of things. It's been a few years now and I quit smoking, don't drink as much, I'm taking supplements and yes a vitamin B stack as part of that. Also the CBD oil I take is damn near magical at least for me. And I cook for a living so I eat pretty well too. Life for the most part is a lot more boring these days. But I can wrap my head around what is going on too.. I havn't had too much on the weird side of things save some physical objects moving in my presence, but that was in a known hotspot (to me).

@Serdgiam

yes I love the asteroid analogy that's perfect.

edit on 21-4-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Did you finish Final Fantasy 12? I got all the summons except for the last one. I couldn't beat it or I couldn't find it. But they were very helpful with the final boss battles.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
**aside**

Nice to see everyone back!!

Me, real life (and death) are about to take me away. I dread my phone now.

Quantum12 says hi. And yours truly may disappear soon.

Love you all!! Keep the Cafe coffee warm! And the tales of woo coming!

Peeps, I think I’ll miss you most of all!

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I would have said it's Saturday night and I feel alright, but don't go teot...
are you okay?? The post makes me worry.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

me too...

I came in to say something funny now I dont really feel like it.. I just got tipped by somone who was very pleaded with a salad I made lol. 5$ last night i was tipped out 50 for doing bar back and door guy..

thats on top of my already nice pay..

gawd I think i love my job haha.

just got told again im a future kitchen manager. even if not here its not long off.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I get it about the know-it-alls.. "Scientism" has turned into a religion all its own. I've long argued that religion does not necessitate the inclusion of deities, but is instead more accurately identified by behavior and classification within the group (priest class, the flock, etc.).

The sad truth is that, like any other religion, folks don't practice what they preach. Following the scientific method, by its very nature, requires an admission of ignorance, limited knowledge, and limited ability. How ironic, then, that so many adherents profess the polar opposite position.

Sadly, such people tend to be the least likely to actually practice science themselves. Eschewing the scientific method in favor of google-fu and, at best, reading some scientific journals.

We are a funny species.. we take a method specifically made to admit our faults and lack of knowledge and turn it into dogma and a stick to beat nonbelievers into submission.

"Scientism", "dogma" - a religion in itself that wants to remove the gods and take their place becoming gods themselves.

Yet they are not scientists, they would be just the people with a university degree who direct things and manage. So yeah they can't be the real scientists. A piece of paper, jargon and a lab coat to fool the public.

One could imagine the real scientists locked away in a dungeon toiling away while the MIW (Men In White - a play on MIB - Men In Black) keep us all in wonder of the new god like the priests of a temple.

Then there is the book-learning and google-fu layer as you say Serdgiam. paper-scholars one might call them. But even then there are people here on ATS who can take that and hunt mysteries within like Gut and MM. That is admirable.

Not everyone can use the method of observation and derive understanding from the observed. I like observation and deductive reasoning to hunt the answer to mysteries.

Natsume Yuujinchou just went on my to-watch list - thanks. Deadman Wonderland's synopsis is a bit dark for me. Mushishi I have on DVD - loved it. Outlaw Star- I'll check out.

Hmm, seen Elfin Lied? Very dark in some ways with a lot of cruelty yet with wonderful moments and story. I took four tries to watch it before I could sit there. I am glad I did. But that is because I see so much cruelty on the inner planes performed by religion and science and have to try rescue and resolve. Probably why I go for the fluffy romances as an antidote.

Yeah, Clannad was hard to get through.

Amagi Brilliant Park and Angel Beats as light comedy with a story behind them.

Boku Dake ga Inai Mach as a dark suspense/thriller.

Durarara!! was good too.

The surviving squirrel dragged their mate all the way from the road back into the trees. In the process, harbinger (eta:supposed to be "braving," but interesting typo given the context) everything from cars, to cats, the highwire acts along the tops of fences. Pretty astounding.

Astounding and yet so sad for the surviving squirrel. There is so much more to animals then we give them credit for in our selfish modern world.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

That's all we can really do.

I don't know much of your situation at the time but getting a warning from Serdgiam and disregarding it to get mixed up with the psychic woman probably got you into trouble. Especially if you have "friends" who look out for you in the unseen side of things.

That hotspot, I wonder if someone is trying to get noticed.

new topics

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join