It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

We bored them with restaurant talk when we should be talking about aliens.
Or talking about black holes or dark matter or graphine.. Graphite?

I allowed myself because I was talking about human consciousness, which I personally find the most interesting of "all the things" ...

We got way too close to shore.
We now have plenty of food and water, and back to sea, on our way..

What is the frontier ?

I specifically mean what is reality made of?

Human senses are conveniently delayed by up to a quarter of a second.. mostly more like a tenth of a second, but you would be hard pressed to know the difference.. And I still say you are free to think.

Even so, we can probe electrons that do and do not exist at the same time. Well once you look they do in fact exist..
And that stupid ass question, "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to see it, did it happen?" becomes a real issue in your mind.

It basically means reality is atleast 99% real in the way that it is seen... but if one went back in time and didn't see it, it, reality, could be on another way..

What does "reality" mean when particles can be virtually real, and be non existent? When real effects (particles)
(come out of nothing) and then go back into something?? And the something is nothing. In other words, non real probabilities have very real effects, based on........ Nothing?

Aliens might be part of our consciousness we can't recognize because it's not that human enough.
Same with god.
same with monsters.

It really might just be us.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

So today...

Space X Launching TESS for NASA today.. (I think)

TESS (Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite) will be looking for Earth like planets in our area of the milkyway. I think they said between 10 and 300 lightyears away. So basically TESS will find Rocky planets, at the right distance from a star to have liquid water.. Then it's up to other telescopes to follow up on things like biomarkers or atmosphere detection..

Unicorns, Dragons, Ponies, other worlds, and ALIUUMMMSS!!

they even mention my favorite movie as a kid, neverending story!

really (it's in the video I'm not kidding)

Science is so much sexier than it used to be, and then the James Webb too!! What a time to be alive.

I'm not aware if space X has Caught the nose cone part in the past? I don't think so? But this time they will try it. The nose cone part that is around the satellite or space vehicle.. The main body of the rocket will land under it's own power.. the nose cone will get caught by Drone boats with giant nets.. Extraterrestrial Baseball? lol... This all sounds so silly, except it's "real" whatever that means LMAO.

Looks like a lot of women working on TESS from MIT. Awesome.

Morning ATS peoples.

Oh and as my little sister would say Bee Tee Dubs!!! The launch will be live sometime after 3:30pm eastern US time. 7:30pm UTC. AS best as I can gather at the moment.

edit on 18-4-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

feeling nostalgic today I guess.. Thinking about the future sometimes does that to me.

I'm so crazy and jaded, compared to when I used to think I was crazy and jaded.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

The future, the past, nostalgia, that always happens on my birthday too!

Leave it to the old man to throw one more FU at me by being admitted to the ICU the day before my birthday. Glad he didn't pass on my birthday.

I always call it, "Another trip around the sun", because birth is always happening, if you want it to. I don't mark time that way or particularly care about a specific date. Just a little me time to ponder the great big sea of possibilities. And kick back with a Reverbs' song list which is pretty damn close to my regular iPod playlist!

How old are you? F#ed if I know! I was in the jury pool and they asked me my birthday and I honestly forgot the date! I just checked to see if my ID expired and have a few more years to go. Speaking of forgetting things, I have not checked my mail in a couple months!! That cracks me up for some reason.

Beer in hand, day off work, flip on the tele to pass the time. Awesomeness! Original Star Trek starting with Menagerie pt I and II. A Rosanne marathon about David and Darleen relationship. Topped off with The X-Files two parter with Agent Spender and his mom! I also managed to squeeze in some overtime hockey playoff game!

Beer, hockey, TV reruns,... couldn't ask for a better day off!

Back to exo-planets, graphene, aliens, and dark matter!!

Q: Since we can't see dark matter/energy, what if we are the ghosts in the machine?? A hypothetical form of matter that dark matter beings speculate about but since we are so egotistical we never interact with them??

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I'm for sure someone elses Ghost in the Machine lol. I love it!
Spooky action at a distance..

Boo!

actually I was called that before by someone.. I had forgot until I just now typed it. I called her a black hole once.. Gawd we were soo weird.. But I do wonder.

You know I've had the thought already, because I always try to think from multiple angles.. Like what do I look like to you? So yes I'm dark matter to the dark matter.. Well it's of course in my favorite Zelda game as a kid too, so I didn't come up with it..

The Magic Mirror is an item from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Link receives the mirror from the Lost Old Man residing on Death Mountain, whose granddaughter is one of the Seven Maidens, as thanks for helping him through the tunnels and back to his home. When Link is in the Dark World, the Magic Mirror can be used to return to the Light World at will. A temporary return portal is established at the point of his return, allowing him to quickly return to the Dark World in the same spot where he left it. The mirror can also be used in dungeons to instantly return to the entrance.

Link must be careful when using the Magic Mirror, as it has the potential to send him inside objects in the Light World, immediately returning him to the Dark World.

So it was a concept handed to me long ago, and when I first hear of gravity with no known source, I get to thinking about "what's on the other side?" Like funny if it's not 2 sided, but lets say the effect of gravity is leaked out into other realms at 1%... So if it's like 5 times "dark matter" to matter here, and there too... That makes 500 universes sitting "in the same spot."

Or the way I think you are saying it as a binary deal.. At least they aren't missing nearly as much mass as us! For some reason my brain thinks it's funny that mass is just ass with an added M.. I maybe didn't sleep enough last night? That's a big ole mass you got there!

LOLZ..

My day off too!

If TESS gets launched today it only has a 30 second window starting in about 41 minutes...
I think it will take until June to get it in the right orbit after that, and then the data will come in over 2 years.

T - 10 minutes

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I posted a joke in the TESS thread: T-minus 30 minutes. So ATS told me, "Last updated by TEOT 17 minutes ago"!! ATS counted down for me as I wandered around threads!

It did launch and the fairing separated from the rocket. Looks like another successful launch. Glad it did not get delayed again. I like being "wowed" by how vast space is and how clever us little monkeys are!

"You're such a black hole!"
"Oh, I'm the black hole?!! I'M THE BLACK HOLE??!!" (lulz.)

I think that was Denis Leary in Rescue Me having it out with his wife (substitute @ss for black and you can hear his voice!)

But exoplanets are cool too! In conjunction with JWST then it will be like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid! Maybe get some SKA in there (because reggae is cool!), we on the verge of some cool space discoveries!

To Zelda! May her legend live on!!

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hello, hello, whatsthisthen?

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Stars have all of the elements of the periodic table inside them. Same as all the life on Earth. The building blocks of life are strewn throughout the Universe and beyond.
I believe aliens took primitive mammal DNA like apes or chimpanzees, and combined it with their own DNA in a laboratory to create humans and they've been tinkering with our genetic makeup ever since. I'm mostly a mammal (that's why I don't like to eat red meat).

The particles are there. But sometimes they blink out and show up in dimensions as yet undetectable by humans. And there's a vast field that acts like a generator. Small particles are like Christmas lights. They are part of the field that holds everything in place. Even though the universe is chaotic.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

Hi! Welcome to the meta cafe
the title is kinda self explanatory?
We like to talk about all kinds of interesting stuff on here.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Thanks, the idea of a cafe sounds nice, rather then structured threads.

Maybe I'll share some insights here and there on a few things not found in the textbooks.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Oh I do hope you do.. Share that is.

I'm here after going through Hell and back, or was it heaven? Or in any case I can't make it make sense so whatever..
LaLa land was not empty though..

I sort of gave up that part of my life, and unless I am feeling like life is too boring, I'm not planning on jumping back into that mess. I may have messed it all up anyway.. Who trusts me on the other side at this point? I don't know why I saw what I saw anyway..

The agent Smiths or MIB or whatever don't like me, so I'm happy to stay out of their way.

Do I sound crazy enough yet?

So yea, that's why I'm here in the second iteration of this thread.. The "high strangeness" is gone for now.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Nah, not crazy, sounds familiar though.

I didn't obey "them" and asked the wrong questions which will get one in trouble. So yeah familiar, and I am still alive.

Edit

(sigh) I'm a homeless refugee for not respecting science over in the UFO forum and that's why I've found myself here.
edit on 19-4-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: added edit

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

yea well, crazy like I must be crazy, because its just too much, whats nagging about it is it really happened, but I'll say my interpretation could be way off.

im still alive I guess, maybe not still, but alive again maybe ha. For me to think this all happened in 3d reality I had to be the target of a CIA type group with many people involved, crazy hacking and psyops, constant surveillance, even then its hard to imagine, how one gets on the internet with no internet connection after seemingly losing all lifeforce.

I guess when you fall that far being a zombie isnt the worst thing in the world since who cares when you have no emotion.

my best interpretation is more like vampires witches and aliens LMAO...

you kind of remind me of that time, your presence, that is. Even to this day a few years later I can still get that vibe of the magic that was.

Ill admit your avatar, join date, and signature took me aback, but I'll just let that be coincidences. Universe does like a good laugh. lol.

As far as respecting science of UFOs? I don't know what that's even supposed to mean.. Science of the unknown and unidentified? seems like asking too much.

edit on 19-4-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

An extended conversation, basically.

What is cool about it though, is the speculative stuff we talk about usually show up in "real world" science articles (but without the fun and wild speculative stuff). Usually, a theme or undercurrent in the conversation arises, and then, bam, it shows up as news or science or stories on "woo", so we wonder, is life making fun of art, or is art off his meds again!

Welcome aboard! Don't feel pressured to be here all the time because, eventually, you tend to anyway!!

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Tess is the oldest child of John and Joan Durbeyfield, uneducated peasants. However, John is given the impression by Parson Tringham that he may have noble blood, as "Durbeyfield" is a corruption of "D'Urberville", the surname of an extinct noble Norman family. Knowledge of this immediately goes to John's head.

That same day, Tess participates in the village May Dance, where she meets Angel Clare, youngest son of Reverend James Clare, who is on a walking tour with his two brothers. He stops to join the dance and partners several other girls. Angel notices Tess too late to dance with her, as he is already late for a promised meeting with his brothers. Tess feels slighted.

Tess's father gets too drunk to drive to the market that night, so Tess undertakes the journey herself.

Wikipedia: Tess of the d'Urbervilles.

Your TESS launch got me wondering why NASA gave the satellite that name…

We are the “uneducated peasant” (“pissants”??) who falsely believe we are of “noble blood” (usually “blue”). That just smacks of “the only intelligent life form in the universe” while we slap each other on the back for being such “lordly” beings.

Tess “sees Angel Clare” (clear??) around the May pole! Gee, don’t know enough to spout off what stars will be around in May (whenever TESS becomes operational), but there will be three of them! And it makes me wonder what will make us “feel slighted”??

Tess’ “blue blood” lordly father gets too drunk to drive! Whenever I see/read of aliens and “drunk” together, E.T. immediately comes to mind. E.T., hanging out at home, watching TV (a John Wayne movie! JW is a freemason! Hey Peeps!), and drinking beer, causes a “rain of frogs”, then makes Elliot kiss the girl (“And make them cry. And when the boys came out to play, Georgie Porgie ran away”). Up pops a commercial and then ET puts it all together: phone home.

We all know how bad of an idea it is to get drunk and “make that call”! Lulz.

“Lordly” TESS, will see 3 planets. Missing a chance (signs of intelligent life, or even, just life), the heavenly signs will align (rain of frogs), so we will then “phone home” or try to make SETI contact. But when the aliens “come out to play” us pissants will run away!!

How is that for a crazy narrative!!

Oh Great MetaCafé, takes these words as you may, and please do not make the aliens Grey, for surely I will run away!

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

what if they are blue angels
seen at all angles
instead of grey alien entangles?

meet with the faeri
out in the wood
is she scary?
or is she good

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   

yea well, crazy like I must be crazy, because its just too much, whats nagging about it is it really happened, but I'll say my interpretation could be way off. im still alive I guess, maybe not still, but alive again maybe ha. For me to think this all happened in 3d reality I had to be the target of a CIA type group with many people involved, crazy hacking and psyops, constant surveillance, even then its hard to imagine, how one gets on the internet with no internet connection after seemingly losing all lifeforce.

Plenty of emotion in there . . . . .

. . . and really, it reads like a cat on a hot tin roof.

I guess when you fall that far being a zombie isnt the worst thing in the world since who cares when you have no emotion. my best interpretation is more like vampires witches and aliens LMAO...

You know, if your under pressure for too long it grinds you down into zombie mode. I get like that fairly often when I have to fight for days on end. Vitamin B12 gets low and that makes things worse, so I take fizzy B12 and start watching my diet. Chilling out in a soggy shojo anime revives me too.

And there are lots of causes . . . . some are simple misunderstandings.

you kind of remind me of that time, your presence, that is. Even to this day a few years later I can still get that vibe of the magic that was. Ill admit your avatar, join date, and signature took me aback, but I'll just let that be coincidences. Universe does like a good laugh. lol.

I sorta work full time in the "business" of looking after fairies and the like. ATS member Skunkape called them the Fae folk, that fits better then simply "fairy folk".

The signature sorta describes where my primary interest is, and the "Mom! It followed me home - can I keep it? Pleassse . . . . ." is just how things work for me most days.

The avatar was my poking fun at some ATS members who gave me a lecture on saying stuff I thought might help but wasn't appreciated in a serious scientific study. I got miffed and changed the avatar from a semi serious one (Gendo Ikari) to "Ribbon" from the Steam game RabiRibi. That is the best game I have played since FF12 (even though I took Penelo shopping for new clothes and items, spent ALL my hard earned gil on her and then she says "Bye" and disappears for half the game without even a thanks : (

So. . . . "come on Orb-ie, come on Wolf-ie, lets go home and leave the scientific folk to themselves."

As far as respecting science of UFOs? I don't know what that's even supposed to mean.. Science of the unknown and unidentified? seems like asking too much.

Well, they got their sensors, infra-red camera gadgets with 24 our surveillance to study things that go bump in the night and Orbs and UFOs.

But then again; someone who talks to deceased UFOs and Orbs would come over as a tad unscientific.

edit on 20-4-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: typos

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   

An extended conversation, basically.

I like that idea rather then having to be on topic all the time. I reckon you loose a lot of surprise connections when conversation is too focused on one thing.

What is cool about it though, is the speculative stuff we talk about usually show up in "real world" science articles (but without the fun and wild speculative stuff). Usually, a theme or undercurrent in the conversation arises, and then, bam, it shows up as news or science or stories on "woo", so we wonder, is life making fun of art, or is art off his meds again!

and I'll wager that the casual nature of the conversation, the ebb and flow, along with a bit of mental freedom is why it works as your pointing out ; )

Yep feels better already : )

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Some people are like Robbie when it comes to programmed bot mentality; choose your sex; mind your lies as they want video tape and ignore their own rape pillage and village in the process.

I personally; didn't find their heavens and hell much different, but after asking the gate keeper at the heaven of India three questions; (I don't even remember) I was turning away to go back home and laughing the entire way... because where I am there I am and they can keep their extremist *snip*.

I am sure the Manx; can appreciate the Linx if it sits long enough to listen... if it has no done so already. One was green and so was the can the next was grey and feared fans.(sorry that last bit was more for me, as a useless mental note)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen

Plenty of emotion in there . . . . .

. . . and really, it reads like a cat on a hot tin roof.

If you read it with emotion that is.

I was saying it would have to be that to be "normal" not that that is what happened.
A series of impossible events.
Someone knew the whearabouts of me and anyone arriving at my house at all times.. Normal answer would be the house was under watch.. And my brother in another city and my mom... But that answer is soo silly.. Thats a lot of people and for what? Crazy answer is psychic psychopath goes bump in the night.

I did check the next day after I had no heart beat. When I had pulled out my USB Wifi antenna, and posted on ATS. Its an odd feeling using the internet with no internet connection. (why did I pull it out?) someone told me my internet was down but I could still go online with air principal lol.. I was like yea right b.. Assumed my compy was hacked and they were messing with the icon somehow that shows "no internet connection" So that's why I pulled it out.. The posts I made that day are on ATS.. When my heart beat came back the internet no longer worked. (until I put the wifi antenna back in that is. Now I was being manipulated so I don't know how to take that story, but it is true even if I don't even know how to reconcile my reality.

I had a whole year of stuff like that.

In an area I can speak more competently my first post on ATS was in 2005. I reported my Black Triangle Sighting.
That lasted 30 minutes and was as close as you can get to one without it being on the ground.. I'll find that and link it later. I was on ATS before that but forgot the site existed. That was like the late 90s or 2000.. Then the Black Triangle happened and searching the words "black triangle ufo" was my entry into the weird side of the internet lol. I had no idea it would be a thing others had seen.. I hadn't heard of it, I guess I assumed ufo meant flying saucer.

That was crazy to experience so now I have a few options.. USA has craft that can fly with no visible propulsion system, unless the lights are a byproduct of that.. Or someone else came to visit me..

the someone or something else is easier to believe now that I lived that year of high strangeness.

Here is my first posting about the Black Triangle Craft
I was "MuddyFrog" back then.
edit on 20-4-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join