It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I like to cook at home too. I want to come up with meals that no one has thought of. My new favorite veggie is eggplant but I love all veggies except squash. I could be a "hostess" but that's too easy. I also kind of want to get into interior design. Nutrition is really important to me too.
I love the outdoors. Is professional decorating a thing?

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Yeah, the chicken pox one that flares up when you get older. It runs its course in 2 - 6 weeks with no drugs. If you catch it early enough you can take an anti viral. I have marked the 4 week mark on last Monday. At least I can sleep now and move about. It feels really bad in stop and go traffic or about 4.5 hours sitting in an office chair. At least I didn't get nerve end burning or it spreading or lasting years like the horror stories I read on the googles. Also, I did not get any open sores.

Everything is going back to normal so I think I made it through. I would have done CBD and apple cider vinegar but didn't really think anything of it until last week. By then it was too late.

Thanks for the well wishes!

I can go from oww to woo anytime, Universe!

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Yes, professional decorating is a real job!!

It can pay a crap load of money depending on who decorate for (like Reverbs doing catering for mega teams).

Like anything else though, either you have to be really good at it or be well known. But keep on trying because the only thing that they can say is “no”. And those bastids don’t know grovey cool talent when they see it!!

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Lol thank you teot. ^.^ I am not living up to my potential. Is that a new England thing? Lol.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Here in the ol' US of A, yesterday was Grilled Cheese Sandwich day!!

I found out at the bar watching the hockey playoffs. I always find these things out after the fact.

But not today.

Happy Friday the 13th!!

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Friday the 13th huh...
no one loomed happy when I walked into work so I walked back out to give myself a moment of peace lol.. looks like we are incredibly busy.. I can't clock in yet anyway.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
General weirdness.

I first noticed it on The Offspring song, Smash, (lyrics prevent me from posting the song). But I have listened to it a dozen times now just to be certain. I hear a person whistling the melody at certain parts of the song! Now, I know what to listen for it is very obvious. At about 1:10 seconds in it is very obvious and continues until 1:25.

The whistling is also on Gotta Get Away and maybe Come Out and Play.

OK, so what? So The Offspring added some color to one of their albums, right. A song I posted a couple of weeks ago, Cities in Dust, also has somebody whistling! Maybe even the same guy (it is a guy). This is about 1:26 seconds in right before the second chorus.

They are on different labels and have different producers! So what gives?

I put on New Model Army. I've listened to the album Thunder and Consolation, a zillion times. There, on Stupid Questions, "Waiting in line at the fortune tellers...", there it is again!!

I know that certain microphones can add a quality of breathing or whispering which is like a harmonic. I know that producers like adding little effects here and there. This whistling is almost an after thought, like the person is lagging behind and making notes up. It is not even in tune with the songs! Or even melodious.

I have been sitting on this post for a while now. It is driving me mad, kicking some tunes, and that f# dude starts whistling in the middle of it!! I am not going crazy. I think I heard him on a Green Day song too (just to lazy to go look it up). Maybe I have stumbled across a new Mandela Effect??

I didn't want people to get obsessive with trying to find "whistling guy" in their favorite songs but if you run across him, tag on.

Happy Friday the 13th!!
edit on 13-4-2018 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: formatting

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

You should pick color palettes like a food palette five on the tongue for the food; five on the eyes for design... bounce the three primaries for a good angle 30/60/90 and well mind the corners... especially table edges if one has children.

I have a degree in the field/as well has landscaping with grades/and home building from the ground up... I did some stone wall work but have not done brick laying although seeing it done mortar mix is key, trowel for the brick sort, piping bag for the stone sort. Don't worry I have a degree in those fields as applied science. As well as being a card carrying member of PHI THETA KAPPA, none for the National Technical Honor Society as I am a lifetime member? I don't need to carry one.

So hey thrift stores are good places to go; I am a clothes and shoes whore; a stupid fetish(not sexual) for hats; love them but dislike wearing them.(leads to male pattern baldness if worn in youth and the same deal as cutting hair on the waxing or waning of the moon for growth of when cutting it (you'll have to look that up as I can't recall).

The last sort of info is the sort learned by the old ladies in the family on my mom's side(all of those that ever thought me as their child) lol grandparents always loved me more than my parents generation when meeting families for festivities.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

many songs have heart beats in the back and some crying babies and such.. my ears are not sensitive enough anymore, but I used to hear it.

things are added below full conscious awareness to add for psychological effect. I wonder if whistling guy is like that?

I dont have to work until quite late today so maybe I'll give a listen.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

holy living wtfs... just got through a 6,000$ day and tge rugby team shows up?! for realz.. I might just die.. God I prepped enough food to kill an Army today and Im way behind for tomorrow..

GM wants me to stay and clean the front hes been here all day.. Tempers been nuts today.. Thought friday was bad lol.. I need a day off haha. I had 8 burners going, three cutting boards # in the oven... frying things in a pot on the stove haha.. We arent built for this volume till we get the new fryer..

yea..
Happy Saturday!

Got my music turned all the way up in the kitchen. They cant even hear it they so crazy out there.. Girls tryna dance with me as i bring clean cups out haha..

lolz

edit on 14-4-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Holy multi tasking batman!

Go verbies!!

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I just got off with 40$ extra on top so its always worth it going to war lol. plus you bond in the restaurant trenches.

:

and then

holy multitasking batman and bears and lions, and tigers, oh my.

edit on 15-4-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

the first kitty and second kitty are high five pawing if you look at the pictures in another order.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Awwwwww they are adowable

They have an interesting color pattern I haven't seen that.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I love that I haz a kitty roommate again. Makes me smile before work when she does lovey eyes from the couch.. and today like wtf is going on? I didnt even get to set up my line.. Just stuck cooking, breakfast orders still were coming in after 3pm.. lunch doesnt even go past 3.. so nope I didnt prep anything.. Maybe tomorrow?

Finally had time to sweep at 7:30pm, and it was bugging me since 2pm..

Its fun to be busy like that dont get me wrong, but it can be a bit much if you even have one hiccup. Today everyone complimented all the food and it was pretty much only me there most of the day. It was a good day..

and Im out of every thing. Please let me catch up tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Awww...sounds like somebody needs to communicate better. Or they need to communicate better with you? I don't want to see any setbacks for you super chef.

Perhaps a talk with the earlier shifts is in order?
I hope they are noticing how much effort you are putting in.
And always remember, when things are becoming too stressful, slow it down. I think you are honing your timing skills.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

earlier shifts are even more busy so its on me to help them out if I can. Its new owners I was brought in right at the change. We are figuring it all out together.

time and me have never been friends. It feels like a cage. Yes my timing is soo much more sharpened these days.

And yes Im appreciated and trusted. Thsts how I get my raises..

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

If you are still getting breakfast orders at 3pm, why don't you set up a breakfast station on the side while you do the rest of the food?

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

its not like that mousy. You dont have time to sip water let alone reset lines. breakfast was still out. labor is eating up too much money. so hours get cut, except I still get close to 40/week aswell as 1 or 2 other key people. I work hard I dont have any rules on me..

Moving forward the money will get better.. We are saving a tanked business.. If we get our way we are opening the roof as an outside deck eating area

there is no such thing as "on the side, while I do the rest of the food." I do all of it. If somone got here at breakfast and wants an omelet they get an omelet.

what ends up happening is I do dinner orders on the fly if I dont have time to set up for dinner service.

Im trusted to run the line by myself.. The benefit of doing more than you get paid to do means one day you look up and realize you know how to run a kitchen on your own. not one day, but right now youve learned the skill set.

life is not stagnant. you grow or wilt. Im having a growth spurt

and now its 5 drunk dudes from boston at this bar ... its syria chemical weapons and one dude picked a flower. and they are saying sorry to each other im an inch away from accidentally fighting bostonians.. I should shush about being anti war lol.
edit on 17-4-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Lol.. I tried to think of a joke about the Bostonians but everything I thought of was lame.

You could run your own kitchen some day!! If you put your mind to it and be smart with your money. All of this stuff can go on your resume. I believe in you!! Just be patient. I think good things are in store for you super chef.

And the rest of the cafe people need to come back please!!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Focus. Success can take time. It seems like you got a good thing going. Don't screw it up.

When I come into the meta cafe
If I'm having a bad day
Or if I'm hanging on by a thread
Until I am dead
The end

new topics

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join