It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Would you rather... Have an all night sleep over party? Or go camping with me?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

That's so good to read!

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
As an Aries and an only child, I got whatever I wanted and I was spoiled. I didn't have to think about others.
Now I feel like I make small sacrifices or compromises in order to have long term stability. Is stability overrated?
I still don't have the independence skills to thrive on my own. There's a saying that goes "work hard, play hard.". But I don't work or play.
I've been told I could do no better than retail or group ery bagging but I'm not into that.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

your intelligence on ATS in your words is well qualified beyond those jobs to other things. Me I always end up entering jobs that are "over my head" like when i was a stock boy at foodlion.. then one day they fired the manager and asked me to run the frozen and dairy section. I ran it so well I didnt have any more waste of products going bad, and had my shelves stocked well..

emotionally or socially maybe its different (I don't know) but your intelligence is above average for sure.

For me I cant use up all my energy in front of customers. It would drain me to the core. I have to be the supporting character, from behind the scenes..

I have no clue if stability is overrated as I don't often experience it.

I hardly ever cooked before working as a cook. I was washing dishes so I didn't have to talk to anyone.. Simple and hard work, and free in a way like you can just walk outside anytime you want, and youre not wearing a name tag or uniform..

one day no one showed up and I was asked to cook. since then Ive only been cooking.

Ive been asked if things dont work out Im the next to run the kitchen..

It all comes in stages.. Small stages. Just do something, see what happens.

coming from the dude who didnt think he could even live in this life, that jobs were slavery, and I was soo soo unconfident. One of the reasons I joined the Army was to be taken care of.. (small sacrifices and compromises).. Heres an automatic check and free food free rent...

Horrible..

I don't think it's good to compromise yourself for an easier life. That IS THE problem in the world all the way down that slide to the top of power in human society.

I think the only way to be happy is not to settle. You can be humble. You can have low expectations.
Settling is no good because you know you are worth more. And living that life (I did it) you waste away slowly over time even though life is "easier" this way when you don't strive for better.

Aries usually like independence lol. I understand if you need training wheels for now. Maybe someday you will not?

Always great talking to you on ATS.

edit on 10-4-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Yup. I believe in myself. I'm not really satisfied with settling.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Seems thats about all I ever do living in my art project; got a portable garage building setup; to finish a motorcycle project... have a parole officer meeting Wednesday. I like flowing through nature in nirvana; the issue is those turds that do it to get rapey and try to control like dolphins; those things are lame.

Being chased around by a bunch of jackasses for their made up nonsense in the human(name/form) realm is about as bad; because hey however long flow goes 'til they "kill" you.. when there essentially is no self; the true self can express as any life form.

Yet this is how it goes in the reality of Samsara/Nirvana...

Nirodha Sammapadhi means basically extinction and yet not; dead on both sides of those lines rivers; heavens/hells ghosts/hungry and not animal/human. Being free from the wheel kamma or the reaping continues; wisdom of all of that still grows with each crossing. Ghost realm seems to embrace me more due to family unrest... guiding is not that bad; however greed hate and ignorance spin that drain like pupils dilating small and large as the river of life goes round the drain. Easy to flow through in non attachment; and yet even though free from all others, those all others are still attached... thankfully; anything/one not self is impermanent and prone to suffering; which means helping beings rise.

When anyone "not self" tries to order or control you then they are like a spectre an entity a ghost hungry for something or anything other than what is simply there already; change is impermanence so when suffering arises or stress arises, a window or door opens to squeeze or slide through... having no doors or windows on that house of self or being; then what could those ignorant beings ever destroy or defile?

I've no issue with any life I have ran across except those that have learned ignorance from others and spread it as truth, four steps away and yet the path is eternally; just one step.

Rambling is sort of like camping... I would name all of the forms in the space I occupy; however that is more or less like a spirit/ghost trap; which I would rather not be cause to create such a thing; sort of like how a spider just weaves it's web as work then jumps on the bed to play and hey! Food.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BEBOG

I like flowing through nature and nirvana with my parole officer??!

yea you're the real enlightened dude speaking in nonsensical word salad on ATS under a new name I assume now because you were in prison, and forgot the old one..

I have a memory that something unjustified happened to you. Its not your fault you got locked up?

you are not connected to kamma and practice being detached. What attached you to prison?
reality?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

Yup. I believe in myself. I'm not really satisfied with settling.

Live life fully and responsibly Mouse! You are always allowed to grow if you get enough sunlight and water and carbondioxide if you're a plant.. Humans are the same.. Different needs, but you grow when those basic needs are met and you can spend your time doing something new.

or like me one grows by having to meet those basic needs. I grow into the sun!

lol

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

thank you Mr verbs. Verby werbies. I have more growing to do. Lots.
I have so much research to do and so little time..

edit on 11-4-2018 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

In 2006 I was 17. I had my first job as a dishwasher at a restaurant called friendlys. They had a big machine that does it so I just had to collect 5hem and put them where they go.

My friend from Biology 2 got me the job. They called me dish bitch.

One day, a server told me to carry a 50 pound tray of dishes from one end to the kitchen. Almost made it but I dropped them and they shattered. I lost the job.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   

shattered dishes..

I wonder what would be a better fit?

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Goodnight.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   

night mousy.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

You don't understand it was really really heavy. I had no business carrying that tray. It took all my strength but I dropped it at the last minute.
I refuse to work construction. But part of me would take any job from people who are comfortable around me.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Shingles sucks! Getting old sucks!! Not sleeping sucks! At least I got to play hooky from work.

Flare up seems to be winding down. Did all the stupid computer based training crap while in a bad mood. No study material, no guidance, just answer the questions in the manner of what is expected and pass tests. Nothing wonderful and exciting except I do not have to race to the finish line to get it done. And the idiots I work for get to look good because, "their people" did what was asked of them. I've never met these people but they send me nasty emails saying my records show I have not attempted any of their dumb ass tests and I only have 3 months to finish!! Yeah, I have a real job, thank you very much where I apply every single principle in training to real world situations. Even crap I am not responsible for. But holy sh#, should not sign up for yearly computer based training then you are a complete FU who needs seven different people telling you so! No I don't.

TL;DR, I know. Just hate this stupid time of year at work. Then pile on a disease I beat 30+ years ago on top... right on schedule to sell more vaccines at the walgreens of the world. Funny how that works out, huh? Sorry, you need medical insurance, a job, to pay your taxes, vote, sit on a jury of your peers, take out the trash, do the dishes, find something worthwhile to entertain, and pay us more money so your own body is not in pain!

Hey! Go ask the dumb bastid that calls me "his people" until I mess up at work for MY money!!

GETTING OLD SUCKS!!

----------

(Man, I just wish it didn't hurt when I laughed! Because that is comedy gold coming from me! And should be read with a "Dennis Leary" disdain and sneer behind it! BTW, it is an open love letter to Universe because we all know that there is a fine line between love and hate!!)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I do understand mousy And I wouldnt have fired you.
# happens, but then I was wondering what you might prefer better.

I was randomly at my mom's house when my lil brother called her from the Navy.. Talked like an hour. Navy terms and Army terms are not the same at all. I think we had a really great talk. I miss that little son of a .....

He's doing good.

I am happy.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

dude I wish you felt better. Did you ever try the CBD or hoping CBD didnt cause a reaction. Is shingles the chickenpox one?

Have some Calm, Relaxed, Unloaded, Easy, Restful, Comfortable, Healthy, Cool, Healing spread through your body bones radiating softness to skin.

feel better brother.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Oh good ^.^ I had a friend that tended rich people's flower gardens. That works out for me. It's not just for mexicans!!! I'm not talking about industrial landscaping. Also I want to come up with an original dish. Best regards for your brother too. It's funny you should mention. I was thinking

Joining the army is way more noble than what I did. I was itching to get away from an abusive household. I got taken care of too but it came at a cost of settling and compromise. I think growing for me means learning how to stop relying on others. Permission to grow.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I worked in a place called Crooks as a dishwasher after being professionally trained; they basically wanted to fire the fence jump help; and hire me as full time on salary... however; the prep cook/friend who got me the job, and one of the wait staff didn't like that the prep/pastry cook was "black" and that I used to date her, slid a non dirty drip plate onto my tray that was in the oven same as used for service on the tables.

Needless to say at over 500 F that thing welded to my thumb as soon as I touched it; it took three full arm swings for gravity to tear that plate off of my thumb. What sucked more; is I liked playing bass, and had already lost a callous out of that thumb a week before; the size of a sunflower seed.

If I wanted to work in "drama" of any sort; I would act. When it arose in relationships; over time, I realized there was some acting involved, or keeping ones true thoughts and feelings secret. Even later not even in relationships or looking for one acceptance is love, even with the drama or the secrets. Of course; I dont ask questions of such tripe; not being the police or FBI etc. I like to spend time with them; and on what I need to do. No them is to know them; that's why I say it and avoid a lot of people, or just ignore them in general.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BEBOG

I'm sorry to hear that... I hope you have since healed? I would like to think a good relationship would not involve acting. But I can relate.

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join