It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I have a store a half block away from where I work that sells it (it is legal here in the AK! I got some given to me free from a place called, appropriately, Dankorage! I love that name!) I cannot partake as our company has Federal oversight and you can be fired for even showing up drunk, so I abstain.

How's this for karma... my gift, I re-gifted to a painter! How wild is that for a small circle of influence?? I didn't even know she was a painter! I actually give her my herbs when they land my way!

I know that "sources dried up" thing as I would watch my buddy start to freak out when he was running low. A total psychological addiction! He would get low, then that was all he could think about. As soon as medical was approved, he started growing his own. Even so, he can have a huge jar full and still start to jones!!

I had to upgrade my computer at work. So while it was installing the new OS, I read a book. Edith Hamilton's Mythology which is about Greek gods!! It was between that and QED by Feynman!! I guess I do have my physic school book here too (I was going to re-read the QM stuff while reading QED for the full effect!) but that was too boring to just read.

Funny that Feynman was given T&C-25 which he said was "just stupid" and regrets it. Maybe that is why I like him!!
And why do I know stupid trivia like this?!!

We need new dreams tonight (Boner, I think, but it is true. trUe2
!! Seriously, why have they not put out an album called that?!!). Can't leave it with that...

Keep rocking in the free world!!

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Emigrate to South Africa if you can. It's a bit more relaxed here, re the plants that grow out in the fields. I shall also serve you my multi-berry cheesecakes,which is akin to any transcendental experience

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Just a little break from the usual state of mind. Something social. For the weekends.

a reply to: Raxoxane

I love cheesecake and berries.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I also love horses. A life without horses is possible but pointless.

Especially the first two Carthusian, Trakhener because I am a bit of a a snob when it comes to horses.
And these:

are just adorable little kobolds.
Shire Horses ... well I got a thing for their "Plüschpuschen" and I wouldn't know how to say that in english. Plushslipper... okay it wasn't that hard. It's a meta-logism.
Plus they're massive. I love a big horse.

Besides all the Spirit Animal nonsense it says a lot about you which animal you love. See even in my distraction I immediately analyse what I am doing. It's a miracle I am not paranoid.

edit on 3-2-2018 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I like these guys.

I grew up with collies, like the one in the picture.

As far as herbals go, they may as well be legal where I stay. I work in a restaurant in a college town.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Also beautiful. And smart.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Aw! Those little guys are so cute!!! Like Shetland ponies!!

Thanks Peeps for reminding us that Adam and Eve are supposed to look out for the animals!!

Speaking of that.. I hope Lola is OK(?)! The photos on the other thread are cool. And, without meeting her, I already know she’s cool!!

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Crazy bitches, are okay. So far.
Plants are very connected with eachother. Even communicating.
Sorry for the short sentence.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Luv ya, even with short sentences!! Seeing my homie has reminded me that I don’t say, “love you”, often enough!!

Love the Cafe too!!

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Synchron: I just told hubby:"We'll eat in a few minutes" as the words left my mouth,the narrator said "A few minutes"

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Loved the last paragraph.

Meta....

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I fixated on “boots”!!

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Why Spanish?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Imagine you're having a nightmare in a coma. What could be worse than that? Maybe that's what ghosts experience from the other side of death?
God Helmet was what I meant.

Pretend to be human?

True becoming a gaslighting sociopath is not the answer... it leads to many bad states as it is self-ish grasping altering reality with such volitions into one of hell instead of happiness when all of that fakery and untruth unravels.

Of course that is the lure of the so-called dark or left handed path of chaos magic. Easily gotten gains are typically ill gotten gains through such practices and when someone starts to become a desperate sinking ship the wake of such seeks to grasp and sink anything and everything at the expense of everyone as it goes under.

Alas such is the nature of such a thing... whether wise to it or not in how it arises and passes? Depends on a certain level of naivety I suppose.

Reverbs having died and made it through at least once to your recollection and onto a better course of being and existence; do you not find it unfitting to take that opportunity of growth and betterment as such instead of being drawn back down a path you have lamented many times previously in the first cafe? If experience slips as a teacher then of course the cliche doomed to repeat it is always in effect.

Aanna! I cannot find the post... however yes! That is it
congratulations on the crossing over from the improper flow borne out of madness into the side of reality. Please continue to practice calm insight as you go along and grow
Contentment in the simple fact of living itself is immeasurable, as the simple act of just sitting or seeing a flower blossom brings indescribable joy sort of like an anticipationalesque excitement except it is already occurring as a reality... where all one can do is just give a deep relaxing sigh and settle into it.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

This is definitely pointing at the spooky action at a distance business Einstein spoke of. Sound waves gave birth to consciousness all those particles and crap rubbing together in the vast aether of various sizes where a language grew and in that language perception concepts grew and then visualization of those concepts forming a quasi-reality that we all live and function in as concepts are not real but so many agree to them as a reality they just keep binding together as a force to be reckoned for or against where ever consciousness leaps and grasps.

The nice thing about letting go of all of that as an individual consciousness? The limitless all pervasiveness of space in which we dwell... many will never come to experience such a thing in their current life cycle however the absolute reality of it even in rote grasping scares the living hell out of a lot of people.

The void within the void is a nice place that undulates peace and tranquility despite form making it's many appearances by those grasping.

Being very aware of sound being the wave of creation can be a very particular hell where nothing ever shuts up and keeps silent except for you. Something falling to the floor having a conglomerate consciousness attached as form makes a full statement and in response? Hey not-self it is called impermanence get used to it unless you enjoy the concept of suffering... now I have to clean what remains of your corpse up. :p

BTW this is BBD if anyone is curious in a wth/wtf fashion my email accounts went the way of the dodo not the whoas its not actually extinct dodo but the extinct one.

As some manner of woo/mandella or whatever? Stan Lee is now undead and amongst the living again.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BEBOG

BigBrotherDarkness? Hi how nice we are all coming back together. Welcome.
But it's a bit disturbing what you write. You clean my corpse up?
And why would sound waves create consciousness?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Do you not grasp at the waves in your head called thought? They first entered there from external sources as a vibrational wave form, carrying them along internally are echoes of that previously grasped. Carrying any of them or arranging them into whatever thought forms and concepts one wants to of course is choice... and well the creative power we all share.

When concepts are limited however reality becomes as stifling and uncomfortable as a way too high and tight turtleneck sweater.

The experience of zen awakening comes from the direct experience of what I mentioned... Om or Aum being the first sound the great cosmic hum of all of those energies entangled. Bija sounds if you want to get in the way back business of prewriting haven't you ever noticed how the language and sounds of all of these various languages on earth as tradition carry with them various realities that sound like they are from another world entirely different reality? Of course you have and of course they are of different realities then seeing on closer inspection that individuals also grasp all of those concepts in many varied ways as reality that there is no solid or fixed reality in them because they are just concepts to describe things encountered on the visual wave length that evolved after contact with them as a consciousness.

Dropping that conceptual consciousness is when the veil falls all the sounds are silly hooting and hollering and cajoling seeking some sort of comfort ease and rest when it is the dropping of all of that which actually brings it... but then! everything else comes alive lol. So it is as if no matter what something needs to speak or express itself even if you do not... like the vase screaming on the floor a last hurrah on it's way out.

Listen I know that may be weird coming from a man; as I know it is an impossible function for them to learn when a womans mouth is working, however once learned go beyond that and everything has a case of chattyness. Of course the peculiarity is when this spooky action or in this case sound at a distance speaks in the language you know... my vase gives it's last hurrah in english and yours in german lol. Silly but it is true...

I told a senior monk and my abbot it was hell when the senior monk suggested I start working with zen... lol I was there for refuge not stints in Naraka; the senior monk said as you know concepts are empty and void and not reality and those unexperienced with this think all of us that know this are crazy. So since then I have given more ear to the arisings of these wayward sounds or intelligences the unseen and unheard are the typical of one reality the heard and seen are typical of another and well buddhism means being awake to both or stepping in and out of either.

However I know both to be an elaborate makkyo or dream... so it is a weird position to be in. Both make themselves known and I do not have an issue with either in the forms they arise and pass in. That requires a certain grace and calm, that over time as experience grows becomes easier... manifesting here and there is no big deal as all is in constant contact and various pitches of wave formation.

Life is such a silly manifestation that I am just sitting here smiling stupidly at how it manifests itself as a being in whole and in parts. It's so cute at times it's sickening :p

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Why Spanish?

Spanish Boots
wtf?

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BEBOG

No it's not sound. That's just an old metaphor. Not a bad one it includes soundwaves. But still that's not it.

Something in waves, but not light, not sound, not electricity,... but not far from it.

Maybe a certain combination of many of those waves, light can store Information. The possibilities what else are almost endless.

edit on 4-2-2018 by Peeple because: Add

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join