It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

That's all really interesting thank you so much. I can't say I know exactly what you are talking about but I spent lots of time looking at clouds too. And one time I suddenly woke up on my Omas kitchenbank the thought "Oh crap that's wrong" ringing in my head and falling back to sleep as if I was blacking out and waking up in the right spot.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Julius Horsthuis - Our Fractal Brains

He has a bunch on Vimeo at his website. I was reading an old story about graphene, the next story was on fractals, so, hey, why not? I thought the one I saw was cool and had to share!

eta: try that again...
edit on 30-1-2018 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: vid wont post

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Thanks for sharing!

See, that is how the MetaCafé works! You start off saying one thing, then somebody else recalls something, then we all notice a theme has started, like "birds." In the first Café we had a thing for bees too!

That aspect of "dream-like" is always kind of a touchy one. One side will say, "The whole thing was a dream," when trying to cover their belief systems so they do not have get uncomfortable by facing the unknown; some will just say, "Experience," without much depth. I like a little more depth than that but words get in the way. One thing I would never do is disregard something outright. As I have said before, I always end up the father confessor at some point so I feel that would be just rude.

The act of perception seems wired to your body in a rather loose manner! With things like hypnosis just being words spoken to you. Reverbs' memory about forcing himself to not look down and pretend he did not see anything. My experience involved me telling myself, "Don't look at them! They always freak you out because they remind you of big bugs." Why, how, even where that idea came to me is unknown! It seems they know how to manipulate that mental activity a bit at least enough to suggest something different to remember.

Here is a funny thing I remembered (speaking of something cartoonish!). I was fishing at some river away from town with the family. I hadn't caught anything and was getting mad, so I was sent back to the car to go have lunch with the women folk. On my walk back down the trail that followed the river, I turned a corner, and surprised two beings! I looked at them and they looked at me. Then I was walking to the car. When I said I was sent back for lunch I then said, "I saw two owls by the river! I think I surprised them!" When I said it, I knew it was not right. I don't remember if I posted this on the "Owls are not what they seem" thread or not. And look, birds, again!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
a reply to: Reverbs

I've long held the belief that the "woo" is everpresent and never ending. Rather, it is the limit of our perspective that ebbs and flows.

I feel the same towards synchronicity. Where, every single thing within or without our awareness is connected and laden with "meaning." Interestingly, in that take on things, experiences of synchronicity actually show our limitations more than anything else.

Perhaps though, without the proper neurological structural foundation, thataway leads to insanity. So, we pick and choose which items and events are connected and meaningful, according to existing pathways, in order to protect too many large jumps and new connections all happening at once.

Its really kind of beautiful in a sense; we assign "specialness" in order to prevent the true immensity (beauty?) of the universe from invading our limited minds all at once. *POP!*

Couldn't agree more. My mind connects such random things already like I woke up laughing today. A boy woke up from a coma And he's like mom my cumo is cumo? She's like "what's up with the fbi? And the kid points at his tummy and says my Comey is gone. Hahaha..

I woke up laughing, like gawd reverbs you are so weird.

Becoming like everything is one thing doesn't serve a gigantic purpose for reverbs human entity at this time. Inbetween is best. For now.
edit on 30-1-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I have an owl one aswell. I mean i saw an owl but it was 4 feet tall all white floated down from above and landed 5 feet from me under a street lamp.

He just stared at me like he was waiting for something lol. I eventually turned to walj home and turned back, nothing was there.

My lil brother of course said "that's no owl!"
He's had the "owl memories" thing. Not me per se that I'm directly aware of.

But I'm pretty damn sure we don't get owls like that down here in the south east. The only point of the owl was to say what's up reverbs? Just stared for 15 seconds before I felt rude.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I have one more bird/alien memory. It is more like Rox’s stuff and very dream like.

I am in the living room in summer time. I look out the window and watch a yellow canary land and just stare at me through the window. I’m confused because canaries are not an Arctic zone species and probably not a temperate zone one either!!! Even if it did migrate, it didn’t belong!

Not until much later would the term “morph” come into being. But I watched as it morphed into a creature about 4 feet high. Then it changed color from yellow to a white-ish one. I thought it was kind of cool!

Years later, same room, I had my encounter where they split from one mind to three and I told myself to not look at them.

Metacafe works in mysterious ways!!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

It's great to be here. I truly missed you guys so much, but I needed my break.

It's people's fault. You can blame her for me coming back.

Thanks peeps.

Metacafe is the best place. Gawd we're so meta!

My mom just bought a house. I've been her personal confidant/psychologist. She freaks out picking which food to buy. Haha. I'm proud of her.

Now I just have to fix up her current house paint it, and help her sell it. I coached her in the buying process. She's been under tremendous stress, and one thing I'm good at is making things seem easier for people. Now she won't have a house payment. She makes barely more than I do. I'm excited for her new financial stability. Now she can let her true self out. She's where I get my psychic haha.

By the way she just said.. " it's Like a fairy house! Next to the evil woods! Magic is real."

LOL.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Oh sweetest badass-buttercup I'm happy you're back.

In general I have the suspicion high Voltage could play a part in what was enhancing my Woo back then. I was living nearby a power plant and transmission lines.
Could that be something? Does one of you know what that helmet was called that was working with electro-magnetic fields too, right?
What I also can't point to often enough: Aboriginies.

Many many people invite visitors through trance like states may they be natural (dancing, drums, fasting,...) or artifical.

edit on 31-1-2018 by Peeple because: nvm

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Look up how anathesia works. The best bet is that it alters the structure of your cell walls everywhere. It works on every biology not just humans and apes and mammals and animals but everybody including that Bush over there without a brain. Yes plants go to sleep from anaesthesia

All conscious events are electric potentials that trip..

I don't know much about high voltage lines, but I imagine it has an effect. How much magnetism comes off those lines?

My dark haired hottie went into trance states it was part of her magic.

As far as a helmet with electromagnetic fields you're wearing a few.. the main one is your heart. Then your brain. The Earth's magnetic field is weakening. That's another. Your heart makes a magnetic field that extends past your body and remember what we said about pheremones and woo??

Many imaging systems for brains detect the magnetism of your "thoughts" moving electronic potentials create magnetic fields at 90 degrees.
A magnetic helmet could possibly change the way your brain functions. By steering electricity in your brain. Running water creates electricity and a magnetic field too. Who knows right?

Electromagnetism plays a HUGE role in all of this.

I just woke up my dreams were weird as hell and now I have to go pretend to be human at work hehe. Fun. Awww damn.. I bought a coffee with 4 dollars at this play and got 367$ change back. Then I spear fished in a dining room for clams? By removing the floor panels. We even found the water coyotes like water breathing wolves... that's just a piece. My dreams....

I'm not prepared for real life lol.
edit on 31-1-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Imagine you're having a nightmare in a coma. What could be worse than that? Maybe that's what ghosts experience from the other side of death?
God Helmet was what I meant.

Pretend to be human?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

A new house, that is cool news blues!

It is kind of an EM box, part Faraday cage, maybe that is why ghosts get trapped? The Ghost Busters were using particle accelerators on their backs, so maybe Peeps is onto something! But the big, scary woods is there too as another option.

Let talk waves and dimensions too. The EM is a portion of the spectrum. There are huge scale of other values out there. Like bees can see into the ultraviolet! How weird would it be to see radio waves? Everything would be shimmering like heat waves off the pavement! It is all just a question of scale.

I bet that is how UFO "clocking" works! The scale part is converted from flowing around in all directions 3D and time, converted to 2D using metamaterials and electricity, then upconverted back to 3D and time and sent on its merry way none the wiser it hid that big black triangle thingy!

Maybe that is how other dimensional beings do it (same concept but different part of the spectrum??? idk)

Make my tinfoil hat hurt thinking about it!!

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Imagine you're having a nightmare in a coma. What could be worse than that? Maybe that's what ghosts experience from the other side of death?
God Helmet was what I meant.

Pretend to be human?

Pretend to be a normal functioning human?
Until I got to the kitchen. Best part of cooking is how nuts everyone is in the back.

I told the gm I was leaving early to go to the bar after telling him i loved his nipples haha.

Pretend to be human yes.

I sometimes wonder about stuff like This

I'm still here but am I still in the same here, here?

edit on 31-1-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   

We might not see the waves, but maybe deep down we are the waves. Who's riding who then?

And just saying...

yeas

I can't even tell you guys...

seriously

Speaking of waves and riding them?

Meditation May Lead to Volume Changes in Key Areas of the Brain

In 2011, Sara Lazar and her team at Harvard found that mindfulness meditation can actually change the structure of the brain: Eight weeks of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) was found to increase cortical thickness in the hippocampus, which governs learning and memory, and in certain areas of the brain that play roles in emotion regulation and self-referential processing. There were also decreases in brain cell volume in the amygdala, which is responsible for fear, anxiety, and stress

Mind control is free will. What an oxymoron.

Be the wave you want to ride.

Haha.

edit on 1-2-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Btw if I had a nightmare in a coma I'd be god.
I was telling these ladies about this dream I had about them (we were dancing on the table) told them that dream around the table in the "real" dream.. [not the dream within the dream] and then I realized I was telling a dream to a dream and I was dreaming. I kept it going for awhile. They didn't believe I was dreaming.. lol.

I fly a lot. If bad stuff happens I go through a wall.
Sometimes I jump off mountains for fun.

Nah the nightmare would be trapped conscious in a body that doesn't move without the ability to dream.

And with that I must bid you all a goodnight or good day. I will be back after this next crazy nighttime sleepy journey. Maybe this time I won't catch a water coyote, and instead a mermaid with a cause!

Hahaha..

Oh me.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I don't have to think
I only have to do it
The results are always perfect
And that's old news...

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I've always wanted to attend hippocampus!

There are several different types of brain waves that help regulate the flow of information between brain cells, similar to the way that radio stations broadcast at specific frequencies. Alpha waves, the focus of this study, flow through cells in the brain’s cortex, where sensory information is processed. The alpha waves help suppress irrelevant or distracting sensory information.

news.MIT.edu - The benefits of meditation.

There are five known: Delta (deep sleep), Theta (point of sleep), Alpha (concentration and meditation), Beta (awake, caffeine stylin'), Gamma (new to me!)

The light-sound machine I have steps you up from alpha to beta, then steps you down to theta and delta (at least that is what I use it for-sleep). I totally agree about awareness and stress being reduced!

You are made of waves! You brain is a wave decoding machine! Surfing with the alien!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

LOL TEOT...

hardy paradox

As the physicists explain, Hardy's paradox involves inequalities that correspond to the inequalities in Bell's theorem—a theorem showing that quantum mechanics must violate either locality or realism.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

It is funny because I was going to make yet another incomprehensible quantum mechanics thread but didn’t feel like... making waves!! LOL!!!

Blue-shift made a Laurel And Hardy joke on the lost satellite thread that fits too!!

Keeping it real in the non-local, non-realism headspace and trying to stay ahead of... The Curve!!

Art Bell, signing off, from coast to coast...

Welcome to Dreamland!!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

You are awesome.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Ehm.... I don't know how to put it without violation the T&C but... a miracle has happened.
Some people are really bold. And I am so grateful about that, I love it, that's my kind of people. If I would have to pick a team it's border crossers.

Oh my love Mary Jane I love you, I missed you. To me that's where I find God, that one with love and compassion, laughter, joy and dance. The caring and craddling unconditional presence, the godhead of all plants. The essence of Earth.

But what happened you wonder? I can't go out and just buy it, you know. One guy had a visit from the police right after I left, the other had to go to jail, the next who did more than just letting me buy, in a good way a true helping hand, had three (!) car accidents... let's just say I leave a trail of bad luck in that regards.
Wednesday I entirely sponatneous absolutely no thought about it, riding a wave
I went on a side who has specialized in legal herb mixes, click on one, buy, after which I thought "that was stupid, what a waste I get stuff from shayana soon too, why did I do that..."
Today it arrived and it's her. It's the true real herb. She found me after I thought about her the days before and how sad I was because I thought I would never see her again!

It's symptomatic for everything that is wrong in our society. Sorry if I sound like one of those SJW but the fact that she is illegal is the ultimate sign of the reality of a patriarchal technochratic leadership elite surpressing everything that isn't pure efficiency, functionality and subordination.
You can find that also in the way we conduct medicine. "Patch it together, make it feel like the symptoms have gone and send them back to work" but nearly never do we go to what caused the problem in the first place and work on that. Just regaining functionality.
Also true for all Social and political "sciences", make the machine more efficient. That's inhumane.
There definitely are numerous rules in place which every good person should break all the time as a matter of principle.
#CivilResistance
#FreeMindedHeretics
#LaLibertéOuLaMorte

Ride on Border Crossers

peace

And to drive that one with the trail of bad luck home:
During a time when TEOT seriously jump started an entirely new perspective in my thought process and I felt a bigger than usual affection for him...

he got hit by a car!
the danger zone...
Hello Zeus you jealous polygamous misanthrope. Who would choose you? I don't care if you are a god or a bug just # off.
And take your followers with you.

At some point a cleansing has to happen. What nobody dares to admit is the fact that always at a time when things are divided, they reach the true 50:50 and a lot of people have to die.
Don't think religious that was once back then when they had interpretational sovereignity we have evolved past that. Well at least some. Hehe
Look at Physics they have become exactly as irrational and explaining the same questions as religion used to.
Not? I think so.
"
you guys but ... c'est la vie." says Sophia 2018.

edit on 2-2-2018 by Peeple because: rambling added entirely for my own pleasure

If I use Greek Gods than that is only because I use them as archetypes. Role studies on the stage called life.
If we want to answer abstract questions like "who am I, where did I come from..." because identification only works if I also exclude others and because doing that on a individual level would be much to much work, I do that in general directions.
Greek Gods are good for that.
Zeus in it is of course above others and I strongly feel that he as a concept speaks more for the "being of pure energy", aka "it".
See? Zeus existence doesn't mean he is god. We have electricity to be proven, it definitely exists and we still look for "the blood of god" we found Zeus blood though. It's electrons and he works.
The question for all those weird unknown influences on our being still have to get answered.
And psychology isn't equipped to do that.
That's why myths and religions old and new all have to be seen as one continuous development, which needs constant updating.

edit on 2-2-2018 by Peeple because: More rambling

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join