It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Isn't it kind of weird that all of that is 100 years old and ever since it's all just self-help? I mean that in general it seems like we stopped trying to make sense out of our being as piece of a bigger "psychological system", instead now it's all purely focused on how you are sick, you made wrong decisions, your perception is false, your method doesn't work...
And even after Hofmann, the Hippies etc there is no looking at the holistic bits anymore, it's all focused on individualism and maybe inheritage and environment, but so absolutely no talk anymore about how we connect. The invisible, unspoken bits of our connection.
A conspiracy?

Also did you see this? What do you think?

Also it's day 5. Almost over actually and still nothing. So sad. Not that I believe it will happen during this countdown, but it kind of has to.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Seeing as how I have made figuring this out my life's work not everyone has stopped at individualism.

Remember I said maybe behind the trickster at the bottom of it all is maybe "nothing" or its just "you" at the bottom?

You said "did you just call me bottom?"

The you who is not peeple.

The individualization created maybe your "soul" but that soul is still within the "spirit" the spirit or something like it is my nothing or bottom. The man behind the curtain.

People who are individuals view gods or aliens as outside, as distant, as seperate anthropomorphized deity...

What if outside and inside are not but different expressions of the same thing? A la Carl jung..

"The keepers of the watch" that seeming "alien control system" that stops one from ever understanding the "labrynth" stuck in the horned gods maze...
That thing where it seems like I always get bitch slapped if i gain a new level of understanding.

That seem thing happens in my dreams if I start gaining consciousness while asleep. Now this happens most nights so I've experienced this a lot but as I get conscious my dream characters become hostile to me. Basically it turns into a manhunt and everyone else are cops.. I'm the only bad guy..

Human consciousness need not apply.

It feels very similar in real life and in dreams. I don't know maybe reverbs is Looney tunes.

I later saw that same concept in inception.

The main character even draws a picture I drew when I first turned into everything.. the picture he draws is an arrow wrapped around so the arrow tip is pointing to arrow bottom.. he draws a line right there to show the spot where created/creator is in the dreaming mind. That's where you have to be to tame over the "non individual" creation process.

So my picture was a snake eating it's tail and the point where they meat the head and the tail was the point of the picture.. it's of course titled "Eternal Escape." It boils down to the same meaning of that point between actor/action subject/object..

Some think the point right between sleep and waking is the point to get to to have the consciousness of all, and I find that idea interesting but it's the most confusing point of consciousness I've ever come across..

It's more fun to try to leave your body and stuff. Most exhilarating thing ever to fly free like that. Way better than flying in dreams.

I may have lost the point of this post so I'll just leave it there.

Hahaha..

edit on 15-1-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

That could be a joke or just a sign of the algorithm not being fully correct so the thing is translating innacurate translations it translated over and over slightly edging the meaning in a particular direction.

I find it funny the tower of Babel and confusing the languages.. then you have Google translate talking about god.

Talk about coming full circle ehh?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Isn't that kind of like the meditative state? Between asleep and awake? And it's interesting and all but as a person focused on the result, not really my thing. I mean it's not getting you somewhere, right? After some point all this meditation, astral whatever just becomes boring and an isolated fairy-tale.
I would love to do *_* in a sensory deprivation tank within an MRI.
I also would love to know what the adrenaline equivalent for mind activity is? Do you know that? I bet nobody knows that...oh wait it probably is d m t, right?
So maybe a person in an extreme situation, could get a lot better tele-xy results if they also get injections of that?
But where do you find volunteers for that? "We'll tie you to this chair, set your house on fire with you and your child inside and you will be super high with only your mind to call the firemen"...

And I also think the most rational explanation for the Google thing is that it is some easter egg, but it's a #ing messed up one and probably not "official" like the barrel roll.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I don't think it's isolated personally.
I feel isolated looking at the outside world.
Inside all roads lead to rome.

And you know telepathine was what some scientists wanted to call a compound that is in things like mimosas hostilis? It was already named harmine so telepathine didn't stick..

It's one of two main ingredients in a certain way of making ayahuasca.. you named the other ingredient. Of course I've explored this in person lol.. I've found many triptamines cause much higher telepathy. Those same compounds are "ego killers" it's quite clear identifying as a separate entity is what limits telepathy in the first place. Sort of "what's my mind is mine" Syndrome.

I didn't randomly bring up the tower of babel. It's an analogy I like for "indivudualization"

I think of the brain/mind like aldous huxley.
A reducing valve.
Turning off parts is when you get to see everything at once.
Like the woman in that ted talk..

She describes where I've gone in meditation many times. She just used a stroke to get there. I took the easier road.

It's really something that can't be told to you. You have to do it. When there are no boundaries. No limits. No edges.. It is ANYTHING but isolation. It is Everything. I don't mean it feels like that.. it's not an illusion.

Thing is the coordinates of this "place" are like degrees of the mind. So to be somewhere like be connected to reverbs thoughts I have an address of mind. It's like a phone number that you can only intuitively use. It's mapped below individual peeple..

Back to the bottom.

Somone who knows deeply how the brain works became everything at once.. so her take is probably more valuable than mine to you.. a Neuro scientist who looks at brain scans all the time talking about what is consciousness?

I'm not just randomly lovey dovey peaceful reverbs for no reason ya know?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

What makes you think it's not isolated?

I'll watch that tomorrow.

edit on 15-1-2018 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

What makes you think it's not isolated?

I'll watch that tomorrow.

It's not isolated because there is no boundary between self and other. It's the best. It's like 8000 times as powerful as the best chemical induced anything.

That woman goes through that part as well.
I like her take especially because she's so invested in material science, namely that chemicals are consciousness transmiters.

That she comes away sounding worse than me in my most lovey dovey we are all one rants, says it all.

Only thing is I want to see if I can do both to the extreme. Be extremely me disconnected and totally individual and also go the way to where every grain of sand and every photon every piece of hydrogen in every star is my body.

Anyway it's one of my favorite ted talks so i hope you like it.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Okay I just watched it. And it's interesting. It's a bit overly emotional how she presents it and I would have hoped it is longer and a little more than a personal account. But it's good.
Gave me an interesting idea to try and see if you can really shift your consciousness from left to right hemisphere. Can you, have you tried?
Reminds me a bit of the movie "flatline". That's probably the point of pure consciousness, disconnecting the consciousness from the meatbag.

I am still not sold on the no boundries between self and others thing, because it's still your isolated perception, your feeling of it and you don't transmit that in any way to anyone else.
You can talk about it and describe it but it will stay your experience and no matter how hard you try you won't make me feel the same thing.
Which is not to say you can't be right we are really all separated and there is no underlying "magic".

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Well, that's where me having psychic experiences comes in. Those are verified by the other person or persons.

It's that the same thing, dissolution from the self, that enacts both my "feeling" of being everything, and also, the telepathy.

The same mechanism makes both happen.

So no I don't think it's an illusion.

If I think I'm everything all connected at the same times I'm literally connected to people far far from me, it seems real.

You are right if you don't perceive the oneness you don't perceive the oneness. It's not a gift to be given. It's more like finally surrendering to reality.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I had other people hearing my thoughts and stuff too.
Just because my "cloud" overlapped with theirs doesn't mean they're one. During my NDE I didn't feel my self dissolving into nothing, I remained me the entire time, a me without all the ballast but me alone.

But we already got to a similar point before, I remember talking about how you're thinking in images and I in language. I'd guess that's related.
Einstein said time is an illusion. And in the same way I think both, the oneness with everything and the self, could be illusions too.

Does surrendering to reality mean to also free yourself from time?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Does surrendering to reality mean to also free yourself from time?

The way I view things yes. Time/space and reality are not synonymous in reverb's vocabulary.

I don't know what you find so easy to separate about reality and illusion.

You think ok I'm a body so feeling that other persons body is an illusion.

Well it's the same illusion that makes you think you have a body when all you really have is a center with lots of electrons coming in.. you are NOT a body.
You are electrical signals only.

That is what the woman was talking about being an energetic being. You get electrical signals from the wall being blue just as you have electrical signals telling you the keyboard is slightly cold hard plastic..
There are signals saying the skin around those feet down there are cold.

But you are not the feet or the keyboard or the wall as much as you are your perception.

What exactly do you think is reality? I'd call whatever you think is "real" is your own preferred delusion.

It would be impossible for me to find out what you think you is. Are you the thoughts bacteria think for you before "You" decide to eat yogurt? Are you somone else besides that?

If I was to make my best guess of your language/culture/concept maps and use language to define reality I would say reality does not exist. It's all different illusion brands. And I don't have brand loyalty.

One of my favorite illusions is the "self" I never have a firm definition on that one anymore. When you were just dreaming but now you feel your body in bed, but still dreaming.. And the body guy is like whoa I'm dreaming and awake! And the dream dude Is like whoa this is a dream! And you are thinking whoa the two mes just realized the other one is thinking about them this is so weird.... wait... im the me watching the other two? I'm a third me? Who am i? Lol. And we dissolved into each other from each other angle. Dream me got flattened out horizontal and became body me, body me lost "sight" of the dream world and "woke up" third me stayed there in some "imaginary place" between the two "body mes"before just being the same as the body me.

So to me everything is relative and not exactly nailed down.

Anyway maybe my model needs to make testable predictions. And Let's say your model of reality has telepathy in it. How? Mine time/space not being the full dimensional cross section means all can be at a single point like where the big bang "spilled out of" you might call this hyper space but it is hyper time as well.. or if you like call it sub space and sub time.

Something wants to be "bigger" than space time.. maybe it's the other 6 dimensions of M theory? Maybe it's something else.. bigger not implying space or time nesesarily.

edit on 16-1-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Reality is that I'm stuck, that I jump from delusion to delusion since 4 years, because everything I once believed in turned out to be an illusion.

What I know is that I'm not in charge of any of the weird, interesting, terrorfying things that happen. I am not the one doing telepathy, or even thinking, I just am the canvas they appear on.

I can't quite follow you on most of what you said and would appreciate it if you could talk about you and your experience and not make assumptions about what I think. Because the body thing (your third sentence) is not making any sense at all.

Also you sound pissed and I can really not deal with that today.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I'm never pissed not talking with you or teot online especially, and almost never in real life.. I can't recall the last time I was angry. Probably my ex.. lol..

Nah my vibe is more like quasi frustrated at my own interpretation (translation) of my own views. I can't translate what I know I'm trying to say into english. English being my first language..

So I ramble trying to "beat around the bush" because none of these silly words are the bush I'm looking for.

Confusion in reading my posts is my fault. I don't know how to fix that.

Although specific examples I can try. So third sentence. Let me go look.

I mostly 100% agree with your second paragraph if we are defining ourselves as the consciousness part of us. In that case we are not pulling any strings... but then of course humans dam rivers and even though humans are not rivers they can get rivers to do the predictable thing in the predictable way by changing a variable here or there..

Harnessing the "other" bits of our total self using the conscious bits is not straight forward but I learned what that looks like through my addictions.. once you get the lower parts to want something they ask for it without your control and it's a battle of wills.

Don't fight subconscious movements as you will most likely not have the power.. instead you can guide them.. like potential energy.. you can't hurl a 1000 pound boulder, but you can knock one off a cliff for maybe a mile..

Telepathy and other effects are like that as far as I feel them out.. like I'm just setting off the chain reaction.

Third sentence:

You think you are a body so feeling somone else's body therefore must be an illusion.

Feeling somone else's thoughts as if they are your own feeling somone else's pain or sickness as if you are in pain or sick HAS to be an illusion if we define our self as our body..

I see no limits to the energetic (electrons/photons) interaction chains and I can feel past what others define as "me"

I'm sort of saying "the sword is an extension of your arm" your arm an extension of your body, which is an extension of your mind...

More or less If I can literally feel or see things that my body cannot is that an illusion? Or am I more than meets the eye?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Okay that explanation I can totally understand and agree with. We have a veto option for thoughts and actions if we are vigilant.
That doesn't really help one bit in terms of making the woo happen. Chain reaction, you say. Isn't everything an endless chain of reactions? Since the beginning of our intellectual development.

You're really giving me a lot to think about. Sorry I snapped at you a bit, but it's day 6 of this stupid countdown and I don't know why but it's driving me crazier than usual.
I feel like I finally have to come up with something that leads towards an explanation what it all is/means/does/comes from. Under pressure...

The main reason why I'm so against this oneness thing is because of the question of responsibility. Whenever I connect it ends in a complete breakdown. There's so much pain.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Day 6...

Just sayin'...

Missed a whole day. I stayed home and sat there, doing nothing. I watched TV and listened to some music. No devices but an iPod. A book. A moment of, "What does this all mean?" in strange, melancholy way.

Then, on the news, a quick story. "Singer found dead in a London hotel." Turned out to be Dolores O'Roidon! Wtf? That is so sad. Fit my mood perfectly. I should have done some chores or something. What is the point?

Peeps, that is the point. Feelings. Anger, hate, sadness, are easy. It is the sneaking ones. The "blues", the remembering of the past, the crushed hopes of the future yet unwritten... those are self-doubts. Like lacking confidence. I'm not talking, "Ah f# it! Geronimo!" confidence. It is that slow, erosion.

I just read, Dolores, finally, stopped feeling that feeling of being trapped by fame. In the past few years she got over that. Then out of the blue, her time was up.

I've said it before: real change hurts. No getting around it. You learn coping mechanisms that can be applied to other aspects in life; that is why you go through the crap of trying.

How you approach is your choice. Forced countdowns typically do not equate to a great coping mechanism! It is the 99 out of 100 thing; It works 99 times in a row, then the one time you really, really need it, it does not work: what then? Since you have not found a way to really deal, it is back to anger and hate. That is the path to the Dark Side! lol.

What am I talking about??? Puppies! And rainbows! And lasagna! A cold beer in hand on a warm Christmas morning!!

Everybody, "These are a few of my favorite things!!"

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

The countdown isn't really a coping mechanism it's extortion. "Jump through that loop brain! JUMP!"

The only Cranberries song I know is zombie so that doesn't really matter that much to me. Lucky she got out of this mess before more the real # hits the fan. Had a successful life and to me it's no loss at all. So sorry but meh.
Erosion.
The younger me would have maybe jumped on the oh-so-sad-train but the word for that is pretentious, right?

I could scream and hit something.
But I got one more night and one more day to come up with a way to find proof. And then... I don't know. Maybe instead I start birdwatching or something.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I read that doctors buy expensive guitars because unlike art or valuable metals, old guitars only go up in price.

That way you can have a hobby that will pay you back!

You know what will happen when you go out bird watching, don't you? UFO sighting! I say, universe has a sense of humor!

It's all good! Us, in the back of the class, will still love you and welcome you back!

Here is some hope! I had strangeness while going to sleep! I got another, actually kind of long, electric sound happen while going to sleep. Fought with that d@mn blanket puller for a bit. Had more "solve the problem" dreams. And at 3 am, there was this loud whooshing sound, kind of like a blimp noise, but the rotors were aimed down (this was over the sound of wind in the trees). May that be a sign that strangeness is afoot once again this year!

Happy hunting!!

ETA: Nov. 15, 2017 - Two Massive Black Triangle UFOs lands on Alaska Property.

This is up north in Sutton (100 K, N-NE of Anchorage). They are around. It was a normal day for me.
edit on 16-1-2018 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: man made ufo

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I love guitars. And you made me smile again, thank you.
I say universe has fundamental issues. That's no good sense of humor that bitch is a sociopath.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Sociopath? She's only trying to kill you! That is all. What is a little death between sentient beings? Just a laugh along the way. Maybe hoist a pint, have a smoke, and look up in the sky watching it all slowly fade to black.

I should stop watching Doctor Who on my days off! Makes me think of big things! I was only 20 days late this year!

Glad I could make you smile! That has made my day.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Did you watch Dirk Gently season 2? "I thought top secret means I get to meet aliens!" So funny.
Never watched Dr Who. Just a part of an old black and white episode because it tied in with a conspiracy.

Your advice would be great if only I could chill and stop taking it so personal, maybe. But I can't because it is.
She better delivers tomorrow, I ordered one huge miracle for everybody with a big disclosure party.
Enjoy your day baby.

How can you be 20 days late there only were 16? It's a reference, quote or something?

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join