It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

What? How can you not know the ultimate best story ever told in a game? Reaper, deary, a machine race so ancient they call themselves eternal, they come back in cycles and reap whatever biological lifeform has advanced to the point that they can use the mass portals and tech the Reapers left behind through the galaxy...
Got a computer? You simply have to play it.
It starts on Mars, you know, where deep underground exoterrestrial archaeologists find an artifact they think is left behind from the protheans, the great advanced biological species before the humans, but it's not...it tells the technology based beings we are "waking up", it's theirs and...
Just play it.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Lurid tales of India's rapist guru.

What the h3ll am I doing?? I should be a Rapist Guru!! I've been doing it all wrong! Psshhh!! Enlightenment! HA!

Sex! Lots of it. Money. A group of followers. My own small city. And did I mention sex? "Hey baby! I love you from the deepest part of my heart..." See? I could say that without even laughing! Then, sex. Lots of sex!! The flaming motorcycle would be cool but not necessary.

Who knew being a guru was so easy?!!!

The new Mr. Singh! Singh it high and Singh it low!! The new rape guru is in da house!!

[/sarcasm]

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I currently don't read news if I can avoid it. It only leads to this

Cannibalism, nurses killing patients, police planning to kill left wing activists because of migration, this Nautilus dude and the dead journalist, the same old same old issues since about 150 years...
Denial of reality and what I consider our only really worthwhile technological progress gets slammed and...
China creeps into Bhutan, I am so sick and tired of humans...
Better I meditate, play and stay far far far away from news.
My dreams are cool tough. Unfortunately I know they're not an alternative dimension like some believe. But I would really prefer living there.
In a few days I will get back to BBC and things but now, no.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I like calling people "meat bags"!!

I don't really want to be a guru. That dude was a step below Charles Manson.

It is just so strange that people are searching and yearning and ready to follow any body. The Beatles had a guru. Then he made a move on Paul's wife and that was the end of that! Strange how it always come back to s-e-x.

Which is why I like science and science stories! Wendelstein 7-X started up today. 15 week run. And you can't have sex with it! The world will change because of it. I don't think most people even know about it. The device is a multi-national effort. Each step along the path to nuclear fusion is shared with all the other experiments around the world. That is a "cult" I can join!

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Plasma and the stellarator that's okay. I'm not certain if I would want the dumbasses in control have access to unlimited energy though... given a choice and the sad state of affairs I guess I hope it blows up.
Not that access to unlimited energy to fuel the war machines is an issue these days already and this is great because it could eventually get me far away from here... so yeah overall: Hurray!
I like hurray, like a mixture of hurry and aye.
I'm sober btw, just full of ...fluffiness and pink marshmallows with unicorn sprinkles.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

The W7-X will only look at plasma. It will not put energy on the grid or anything.

I think they have even upgraded the software that made the device. Somebody re-did all the magnetic calculations and have further optimized it. They are also using old 90s tech for their superconducting magnets. I think the whole device can be shrunk down even further. I think that making a super huge nuclear fusion reactor is pointless. Just get one working no matter what size. You can always make more tiny ones!

Greifswald is up on the coast... no danger. The great thing about fusion is you just stop adding energy and the reaction stops. The worst that can probably happen is the magnetic field rips apart the sections of the device. They were running on the edge on their first run. Then MSM turned it into (or tired to) a pissing match with China. Hey we get it! "New record", "World first" and the one I hate most, "Star in a jar" (for f-sake, we are not babies). Then that crap gets repeated by air headed meat bags around the world. I guess I'm kind of glad MSM is not following this that closely!

Anyway, it will be geeky news with numbers. Like 60 keV and 10 MW/0.5 hours (their end goal). Plasma densities and beta calculations. Things that geeks like me read! Cleaver little monkeys we are! Sometimes they are not meat bags. Or repulsive sociopaths!

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Maybe you can explain to me why nobody is proposing that dark matter & energy are spacetime itself? To me it totally makes sense as space is expanding in time and we already make dark energy responsible for it, which would then be time, while dark matter is basically the fabric of the universe. We can't figure out what "stuff" it is because it's the very basis of all of it, axion pretty much but with potential to be positive, neutral or negative.

But then again I have a fever and maybe am just stupid... Am I? It seems so simple.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Dark matter, dark energy, and gravity... huh? Easy to explain! lol

Let me see if I can get this right. Astronomers looking at other galaxies noticed that they spin as a whole object. If they were free floating bodies, they should spin themselves apart. So they said, "It must be something we cannot see. Some kind of "dark matter" that does not interact with light or emit it either". That was OK for a bit. Then they thought, "Hey matter has energy... so dark matter must have an energy component!" *the scientist slaps self on back for pulling one out of a hat*

The ratios are something 6% matter, 65% dark energy, leaving around 30% dark matter. Peeple, in her fevered mind asks a simple question: what if the fabric of space-time is actually the dark stuff!

TEOT's misguided attempt: matter interacts with space-time through gravity (dense matter bends space-time to form a well that traps matter making planets orbit and what not). If space-time was both dark matter and energy... well. I guess the fact that anything did not swirl around and slowly came to a stop is the main reason. Matter seems to interact with D-M/E to counter-act gravity. Keeps the galaxies from spinning themselves apart. If they were both concentrated in a galaxy center then we would end up moving towards the center, getting denser, and ??? (idk). But the fact that galaxies gather into super clusters and even larger cluster of that means that D-M/E (or something even stranger!!) is keeping space-time from folding in on itself.

Space-time stretches--its amount does not compress or thin out. If it did then Michelson-Morley should have measured changes based on direction alone. The cosmic microwave background radiation would also differ depending where you look but that is not the case.

Now, D-M/E can be hiding behind the event horizon of a black hole but that does not make up the difference of what we are seeing. Then there is the Higgs Field in "empty space" that fluctuates.

But I see what you are saying. If space-time was dark matter and dark energy what would that look like? Why not what we are seeing right now?! I get it. It is a nice idea. But makes a mess of cosmology and astronomy.

I still think that light has a very important role that we are not seeing. How? IDK. What? IDK. But think about it. What is the cosmic microwave background radiation but left over energy from the Big Bang. Which was nothing more than light because it was so hot atoms could not form.

Hope that kind of makes sense. I hope you feel better. Don't worry your fevered mind too much over this thought! Just get better!!

(Nyquil)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

So smart

But, who says black holes are dark matter? Dark matter doesn't clump. Black holes are obviously clumps of matter because otherwise... well they wouldn't have gravity. Not?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Weird idea!! (thanks Peeps!! *kisses fevered forehead*)

What else is at the center of every galaxy? A black hole! Now what if this is key? It is a place where even light cannot escape but light comes from the Big Bang... and stars. The fusion of hydrogen and other gasses gives off light, heat, and bigger atoms. The stars have a "sphere of influence" which for our sun is the heliosphere (the name for it). The Voyager craft are about to (or just have) passed through it.

What if black holes have a "sphere of influence" too? But not the pressure of the solar wind because that is particles (matter) which cannot escape the gravitational pull of a black hole.

What if a black hole's sphere of influence is not matter but information?

That would involve a galaxy being entangled with a black hole. So all particles flock together at the same time... in one smooth motion. No need for dark matter and dark energy in the quantities being thrown around to explain galactic movement. There is also a notion of why nobody has figured out "quantum gravity" because it is not a physical thing to measure. And it is all spread around us and might be mediated by light!

**boosh**

eta - I will spend the rest of the week cleaning the mess I made by blowing my own mind!!

ETA II: No beer was hurt in the making of this thought, either!

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Or, with this in mind

Black holes are so heavy they bend spacetime so much, the light doesn't make it over the horizon anymore. It stretches the fabric until there is only little dark energy (time) but tons of matter compressed in a tiny bit of space. Light needs time.
Which would still mean matter pulls, dark matter pushes.
Pretty nice, not?

edit on 30-8-2017 by Peeple because: Nvm

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

The black hole information paradox is a puzzle resulting from the combination of quantum mechanics and general relativity. Calculations suggest that physical information could permanently disappear in a black hole, allowing many physical states to devolve into the same state. This is controversial because it violates a commonly assumed tenet of science—that in principle the value of a wave function of a physical system at one point in time should determine its value at any other time. A fundamental postulate of the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics is that complete information about a system is encoded in its wave function up to when the wave function collapses. The evolution of the wave function is determined by a unitary operator, and unitarity implies that information is conserved in the quantum sense.

Source: Wikipedia.

The Paradox involves some fundamental ideas of both Quantum Mechanics and Newtonian physics. Both would be violated if information from universe is "hidden" or "firewalled" behind the Event Horizon of a black hole.

X-rays and cosmic rays are the last thing matter gives off before leaping into the black hole mosh pit. That is just energetic light, right? Distributed around the galaxy at the speed of light the information is not lost but shared. Keeps the galaxy together.

Huh? Forget my rape guru fantasy! I wonder where this idea falls on the scale of bad ideas? Hehehe...

We ar talking at the same time! Sorry.

Ladies first. I need time to read the new question...
edit on 30-8-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: tag on reply

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

D'uh, a function without time is a dot. See?
Or dark energy is the driving form if time is too closely related to a ticking clock in your brainputer.

edit on 30-8-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Scalar time only exist with scalar waves that Tesla invented to wirelessly transmit free energy around the globe!

(This is great thing about thinking big ideas, you can be totally wrong and nobody cares because they are just as likely to be wrong too!)

My ideas is a out there! I'm sure that Stephan Hawking is peeing his pants laughing at me! You already have! LOL! (I mean, you haven't peed your pants... just the laughing part).

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

What? No the
was because of "brainputer". Smarty dearest super TEO
you know probably twice as much as I do.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Soon after the Big Bang, the universe went completely dark. The intense, seminal event that created the cosmos churned up so much hot, thick gas that light was completely trapped. Much later—perhaps as many as one billion years after the Big Bang—the universe expanded, became more transparent, and eventually filled up with galaxies, planets, stars, and other objects that give off visible light. That's the universe we know today.

How it emerged from the cosmic dark ages to a clearer, light-filled state remains a mystery.

In a new study, researchers at the University of Iowa offer a theory of how that happened. They think black holes that dwell in the center of galaxies fling out matter so violently that the ejected material pierces its cloudy surroundings, allowing light to escape. The researchers arrived at their theory after observing a nearby galaxy from which ultraviolet light is escaping.

phys.org, Aug 30, 2017 - Researchers propose how the universe became filled with light.

I sh# you not!!! I did not read this until just a few seconds ago! Less than 5 minutes.

Today is my busiest day. I did not login because I was busy working. Then lunch rolled around and I wondered what was going on. Responded to your post. We talked over each other. Then I finally went to phys.org and saw this!!

Honestly! I swear They are reading this thread!!

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

"The observations show the presence of very bright X-ray sources that are likely accreting black holes," says Philip Kaaret, professor in the UI Department of Physics and Astronomy and corresponding author on the study. "It's possible the black hole is creating winds that help the ionizing radiation from the stars escape. Thus, black holes may have helped make the universe transparent."

(same source)

I really can't make this stuff up! The very thing I happened to think up is an idea in an academic paper.

Now just get the quantum entanglement angle worked in there, the information paradox, and light... well, I will say, "I already posted that on ATS..."

eta - there you go! A TEOT roll!!

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Or it's just another phone ripe for invention? I mean..., right?
I sleep now. Hopefully.
Have a nice day.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

"As matter falls into a black hole, it starts to spin and the rapid rotation pushes some fraction of the matter out," Kaaret says. "They're producing these strong winds that could be opening an escape route for ultraviolet light. That could be what happened with the early galaxies."

(Same source)

Really! All we need is a visit from Reverbs to tell us about his dream of falling into a black hole and I will become a non-agnostic believer in Her! Just because she has a wicked sense of humor!!

[See, didn't get through the whole article before I was blown away! That makes 3 times.... c'mon Reverbs!!]

Pleasant dreams, Peeps!

I hope you feel better!!

-T
edit on 30-8-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: tag on and formatting

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

The eminent John Archibald Wheeler in his later years was a strong proponent of information theory. Another unsung paragon of science, Wheeler was a veteran of the Manhattan Project, coined the terms “black hole” and “wormhole,” helped work out the “S-matrix” with Neils Bohr, and collaborated with Einstein on a unified theory of physics.

Wheeler said the universe had three parts: First, “Everything is Particles,” second, “Everything is Fields,” and third, “Everything is information.” In the 1980s, he began exploring possible connections between information theory and quantum mechanics. It was during this period he coined the phrase “It from bit.” The idea is that the universe emanates from the information inherent within it. Each it or particle is a bit. It from bit.

In 1989, Wheeler produced a paper to the Santa Fe institute, where he announced "every it--every particle, every field of force, even the space-time continuum itself--derives its function, its meaning, its very existence entirely--even if in some contexts indirectly--from the apparatus-elicited answers to yes-or-no questions, binary choices, bits."

BigThink.com, Aug. 27, 2017 - The Basis of the Universe May Not Be Energy or Matter but Information.

Appears I am in good company!

I knew about the Information Paradox. I may have read Wheeler's ideas before but usually quoted from a 3rd party. But it is strange that just a couple days ago this article was posted. Then my "idea" the same day as something similar.

She has a wicked sense of humor! Picking on a poor IT guy out in the Siberian wilderness for yet even more Operation Mind-F#!! Every time I think I'm out, it drags me back in...

[ETA: I typed this up while Green Day's Basket Case, was playing. Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me...]

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join