It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: Peeple

Yup, preggers with ideas to hasten our demise.

We are being led by a nose ring into the future. Sept they can't figure out how to make money off it. All progress has stopped. Seriously. What was reported a few months ago is being recycled. I noticed. That may be why we're all on edge waiting for "it" to happen.

Graphene and fusion end oil. That ends money too. Then what do as a species glom (imprint) onto? If you choose StarTrek then money is dead. They LOVE money more than opiates! So to them it's death to take it away.

Its quite sad, really, trading the World for an enchanted bauble. I suppose that's what enchanted baubles do, though.

Universe 25, graphene, and fusion are not just past times, it is how the future gets organized. Be smart and be a part or be left behind.

There are other options, options that are equal parts more advanced and archaic, but we all have our pets. I know I do. The trick may not necessarily be in what is chosen, but in creating awareness of what choices exist.

The specific layout of the threads of.. existence kind of dictate the color and eventually, shapes, in the overall tapestry.

Healthy looking, even benign weaves can result in horrendous pictures despite our best intentions, expectations, and directions. Tricky.

No use dropping hints. Nobody believes me anyway!!

Oh, pffft.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Guilty... of having zip to say, really.

It boils down to mind blown... from the "woo" to the secret stuff (even IF it's total lunacy), to the white world tech/consciousness explosion and the simmering yearning for something better than feudalism in human society... it's a big turning point in history, I'd assume.

Exciting, but there's a whole lotta room for terrible, so it's a cliff hanger.

Best show in this quadrant, anyway. I really, really hope the good guys win.

And oh yeah, hiya!

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Hey hi you all. For everybody still hanging around here

This is Fjodr the bat, btw. He put on feathers and a beacon so he can get to the wisdom nuts. Now he's dressed up as Sophia on the tree of wisdom nuts and super high, as suddenly I show up and snap a picture.
That's the story behind.

edit on 7-8-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam
a reply to: Baddogma

I've been vacillating between hope and doom. It is tiring. Like treading water for five minutes to find out you might have to do another five.

What did I say about recycled news? Well, lookey here. Metal cloud to protect fusion reactor walls. It is so bad that they do not name what "metal" they will line fusion reactor walls with! Duh, lithium. Already been put in China's EAST reactor and tested. You use lithium because it breads tritium (one half of the fusion fuel). Known about this for years. But looks like it just appeared to be tested and written about--without naming the liquid metal!!

Pffftt. That is how bad it is. We sit waiting for them to let the genie out of the bottle because after that point they can't charge us for electricity. In the mean time they line their pockets and ruin the environment because of money. So sad.

And spoon feed us old news like it is brand new.

GAH!! Back to the feeling of doom that we all deserve this future.

Don't let the bastards grind you down - Lemmy

Thanks Lemmy for the sentiment! Not sure how much it will swing me to the other view. But it is appreciated!

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF & a reply to: Baddogma

What is this "good" and "bad" I keep hearing so much about?
What I think is funny is the current president of the US got there because of Putins help and Congress is in disaster mode, but can't at the same time lay the cards on the table because...it would be hilarious, the embarrassment, the shame.
Somehow I feel little Kimmy NK, the potator, is nowhere near an environment to create transcontinental missiles. Don't give him a plane and you're good.
As I see it it's a huge advantage for us it's time of the stooges, globally. No Mao, to Mussolini insight.
So why the doom?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

My own personal feelings about the world.

Some days I sit back and marvel at what we have created. What we are going to create.

Other days, to h3ll with it all. I'm going to go wash my hair!!

That is what I'm going on about. To help or not help. Participate or isolate.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Are you catholic?

Since it probably takes years until you respond, you big city mouse, I'm asking for the reason that this good bad is honestly a Christian question. And isolation isn't bad.
I don't feel like procreating makes me good or bad. How I am maybe does, or more how I handle who I am.
And then isolation can be a good deed.

edit on 7-8-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Yes. But then no. Now, I don't touch religion with a 3 meter pole, wearing gloves, in rubber boots, full haz-mat suit after a couple of six packs.

All people need to come along for the ride into the future. Sometimes I want to help them while others walk away and never look back. that is the dilemma; the existential problem of existence.

Besides DNA we have this thing called a brain that has ideas. Those ideas can be used and re-used, applied differently. Do I put it out there? That is it! Mind child. Do I make a mind child and let the little terror loose upon the world that might not be ready? In some ways they are ready then I see instances of not. Am I ready to let go?

Maybe sweet child o' mind is ready for the jungle, baby!

I just need to make money off it first.

Sorry for not responding sooner. Had an issue or two that needed my attention. Then I found out Dio is going on tour and got distracted!

xkcd.com - Email Reply.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

That's catholic guilt, imho. That's a deep psychological indoctrination and the first step to get rid off it: you can help no one. Other peoples decisions are not your responsibility.
And besides that, I believe you are only responsible for the stuff where you are aware why you're doing what you're doing, which is a surprisingly small amount of time, sthg around 5%, I guess. Mostly we're just acting out the programming (genetical, environmental, experiences, etc)
If you're meant to help you will. I know this kind of determinism isn't popular. But true. How good do you know yourself?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Sorry too late to edit. With lots of time at hands. And I feel so good. I highly recommend anti depressive mixed with ...I still don't know actually, something other psychoactive. You might not "need it" but trust me, you want it. I paint listen to Aldous Huxley doors of perception. Good rambling on here. I use this as woo-diary. I'm officially schizoaffective. My credibility couldn't be any lower. And it doesn't bother me half as much as it maybe should. But mark my words I will never lift a finger to help in any shape, I am so sick... Germans are petty pricks. Some are funny, but gosh...klugscheisser.
And that was the plan. Destroy my credibility. Fine. Watch what happens next. (I finally have the time to write. Always. Tell me I have to get a job and every hospital gives me refuge. Haha. After three times max we will agree it's better if I retire and I move somewhere cheap down the Donau, with horses, because currently I will get around 700€/months. That's a lot in Croatia out in the countryside. Or south Italy.)
So yeah I am happy, I have a plan. And spend my time painting, cleaning, playing with the girls, writing, playing guitar etc...
I am out.

edit on 8-8-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Nope. Left that cult at an early age. We had just started attending church and I was the precocious kid asking questions about the stories being told. Then a priest showed a little too much interest in me and my mom said, "that's it. We're out!" Which is good because they shipped that # out to the middle of nowhere and they are investigating claims of abuse out there.

Rest of childhood was hippies, pot, Hendrix, George Harrison, Tim Leary, Buddhism, and mind expansion. I didn't partake in any drugs but had the books around. I read those, listened to the tunes, read lyrics, and books about stars and outer space. I had a microscope and would wander around looking at things like pond water wondering about all those things floating around going about their business having no idea that I cooked dinner that night for the first time!

I read everything too. I liked sitting in the library at school and found a book of Freemasonry ("It is Satanic!") then found a book on actual Satanism! That was around the time people were upset about the "n-word" in Mark Twain stories! Then I found books written by astronauts including one that mentioned ETs. I've been interested in the topic ever since!

Time-Life books were great! Stonehenge, aliens, the Bermuda Triangle, Bigfoot, Crowley, T&C-25, CT, mysterious people like the Druids, Atlantis, the Pyramids, they were all downed with what TV was available.

Did I mentioned I like reading? Got a set of Encyclopedias and would "surf" (before the interweb so I didn't know the term but that was what I was doing) topics. Read fiction, sci-fi, fantasy, non-fiction, poetry, biographies, etc. Half the stuff is forgotten as to details but I remember.

That is me up to my pre-teen years. Religion is only a distant memory if even that. I have had other things that would overshadow any remnants of those memories. Better, tangible, experiences of how small we are in universe.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

That's a more interesting story than expected. I thought you were more an "inside the house kid", homeschooled by catholic academics... in the cold north.
Did the woo kick in during the teen years?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Yeah. Those strange, raging hormones are magnets for things like spirits and ETs (they keep re-abducting people over the course of their life I think to measure these changes in hormones).

I've always been a city mouse! Although I did learn to clean fish, hunt, make a fire, reload ammo, fire a gun, drive a snow machine, etc. Being kind of poor didn't help. During the summer learned some farming--mostly picking. But that self-sufficiency runs deep. I build my own guitars still. Soldered my first computer from chips (I helped do some easy stuff!). Work on my own car.

I built my own Star Wars modes out of cardboard after seeing the movie. Glad they didn't have the boat load of plastic toys they have now. I also would take apart electronic devices to see what they looked like inside. They didn't have u-tube back then! For me, math was easy so by the time I was 8 or 9 I taught myself math up to algebra. Had memorized a 12 x 12 table too. What a snot nosed smart arse!

It has been a downhill slide since then!! LOL. Although I was good, never made the gifted and talented level so skated with the stoner kids through high school. Although I also took AP classes (you take a test for college credit in high school) and walked into college with nearly a year jump on everybody else. Then I found sex (not really), drugs, and rock-n-roll which while fun made me make a choice real quick.

That is why I can hang out with the math nerds and the stoners and the chicks that play sad songs on their guitars while keeping a job doing computers!! Then hop on-line and sling electrons around like a mad man.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Haha. Cute and funny.
Thanks for that.
Hormones are a good clue. Kundalini. I can prove that's increasing it. Since I got nothing else to do currently I will try a major "manifestation" with Munich and all around as witness...
Revenge.
What else? Meditation is implied. Food is important, drop the sugar etc. Did you know that is what mescalin is doing? Blocking sugar in the brain.
Emotional stress. But how would I increase that on purpose? Drama isn't my strong suit.
Hm...

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Hard to really pick one isn't it?

Sometimes I think the answer, at this point, is a tool that will provide either "salvation" or "destruction" depending on its use and not small scale stuff like nuclear tech. Let humanity be its own judge, jury, and perhaps executioner. Maybe that's how it's always been, but the scale changes.

I've come to think, however, that the most important change is in culture (or society, if you will). Problem there is that despite its inadequacies, that collective story serves as such a potent ward against some.. "things" humanity may not be capable of dealing with directly (yet?).

Have to be vewy, vewy careful

Crowley eh? I find the groups he rebelled against to be more interesting, but its a fascinating topic. Outside of some eastern religious sects, their initiate training is probably as spot on as we have. A lot of the stuff Ive posted have deep similarities to their publically available content.

I do suspect groups like Catholicism have more.. "stuff" than they let on. There is great power in faith, and they can easily tap into one of the largest such pools in existence.

Good thing they have always been so compassionate, caring, and kind..

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Quartz: So, is it OK to punch a Nazi?

Žižek: No! If there is violence needed, I’m more for Gandhian, passive violence.

Be brutal at a different level. When you encounter a guy like the one who was punched, act in such a way that even hitting him, even slapping him is too much of a recognition. You should treat him or her or whoever as a nonperson, literally.

[Quartz:] What will you do?

[Žižek:] The only way to survive such sh# times, if you ask me, is to write and read big, fat books, you know? And I’m writing now another book on Hegelian dialectics, subjectivity, ontology, quantum physics and so on. That’s the only way to survive.

quartz.com - Philosopher Slavoj Žižek settles the “Is it OK to punch a Nazi?” question once and for all.

I must disclose that I really like Žižek. I ran across his social commentary on several ideas on philosophy and literature and he became a big hit for me. There is a seating within history with a deep understanding of philosophy and social criticism that is very applicable to literature. He drops philosophical ideas in single sentences that you job is to unravel and understand haiku-like enfolding of ideas. It is one of those ones you have to sit down and read, take your time, parse ideas, then agree or disagree with.

Only if everybody can shun such ugliness with a palpable disgust. Sadly, the group think takes over and random acts of anti-kindness take over. Especially when the Leader of the Free World will not condemn such behavior and violence. I guess the other option is to sit down and read big books with big ideas and write. That is one response. But some of the better arts came out of times of chaos. I guess that means Peeple has the right idea!! Make art.

There is also math. Lots of great math came from periods of chaos too. And physics. Ah! We are back at STEAM!!

Žižek. What a wonderful way to start the week! It can only get better, right?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Ey I found a new more suitable name for the USA, Fascist Union of Global Capitalism, or FUGC. say it out loud.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

The whole thing seems weird. There was that one neo-Nazi with dredlocks last month. Now some eejit chanting, "Blood and soil", running over people, not even realizing that there were a whole group of people that were here before that who also bled for their soil--look what happened to them.

I know! How about I give up some of my freedom so I can be secure!? Take away my guns, my right to peacefully gather, and my right to disagree with government so I can be secure! Protect me from thinking differently!

Oh, and give my IP address to the government because I don't blindly follow The King.

And make posting the Constitution to the United State illegal too.

I guess all those things are going on. That is OK. I'm going to go groom myself and read large books and write philosophical tracts that nobody will read.

Some days I feel like swimming out to that Gyre in the Pacific and laying down in the plastic until I become heavier than it and slowly sink to the bottom. Fugc is right. Alt-right?? Aight?! I like it! The new political party is Aight. No white people allowed. Must have 1/16th non-Caucasian blood in order to join. Also run by women because dudes are lame. First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin! Aight. Because that is all that is left!

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

The sad part is, that's exactly what I am doing, grooming myself with Nietzsche laying next to my bed and a huge notebook to write down deep thoughts...
if it weren't so scary it would be funny. I just seriously don't get racism. But I also feel it's not what this is really about. Is it? Might be you're right, the mob just needs a shorter leash.
They are at eachothers throat because they're projecting, instead of saying what they think and judging instead of listening to those who still dare to say what they feel. Fear and pain, the root of all violence. Instead it's always just "they started it...they are worse...I have reasons for my actions they are just stupid..." how do you talk to those egocentric blind tribesmen who are all equally guilty of self-righteousness?
You can't. So we the smart, soft and beautiful ones spend more and more time with the nice person in the mirror...

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I really am getting a haircut today! lol

Then I am running off to the "water bottle" to "socialize with the other mice" before going up to my apartment, shutting the door, eating alone, and going to sleep!

I think the whole media thing is an over sell. They have been gunning for individual rights since I started following the news (the end of the Vietnam War, mid-70s???). Nothing has really changed. Let's see. US had a recession and there was a gas shortage; new president, everything looked great but there was a recession and the homeless population grew (Reagan era, about the time Rosanne came on); got a new president that was more of the previous guy; got a new guy, the economy picks up (it's the economy stupid, was his slogan) but partisan politics tried to destroy the guy by bringing, eek, sex (ooooohhhh!!) into it; got a new guy, another recession, gas prices up, money down, middle class squeezed; bounce back the other way; now bounce back the other way. It is this stupid bouncing back and forth that really breaks any continuity up. Had one of those guys *not* tried to removed "that dirty sob before me" enactments we could have paid for the bailout and have mostly paid ourselves back by now. But nope. Stupid partisan politics.

The amount of people at the "race riot" was small. 'Merica ain't like that. It is regional if anything. Like here in AK there is "racism" towards the Native population. That goes both ways, Natives don't like howlie that much either (Hawaiian term). And then it is all regional. South West, it is "illegal immigrants" (i.e., Mexicans) who are looked down upon. They look down on the Indians. Each side looks down on each other: Republicans/Democrats (depending on where you are from). And that is where they get you. "Keep it simple stupid." It is even color coded if you don't know how to read: Red vs. Blue.

When I turned 18, I went to go register at local voter's registration. I was asked, "Democrat, Republican, Libertarian,..." TEOT: "Uhh, what does that "U" stand for?" Register person: "Undecided" TEOT, smiles! That is what I picked because I knew it was a suckers bet from the get go. Not bad for an 18 year old!

I now stand with the Aight side. We will choose 'White' as our color to get the red, white, and blue back!

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join