It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 128
<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

edit on 10-9-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

im on high ground and like I said I don't think ill have a flooding problem. still concerned about the wind though. theres a drainage ditch across the street that can take like 12 feet of water. so I don't see that being a problem necessarily

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I guess this means that the technology used to manipulate weather patterns is still under the control of bad actors. potentially.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
I guess this means that the technology used to manipulate weather patterns is still under the control of bad actors. potentially.

This hurricane is following normal patterns.. hot water undernesth it, hotter water coming up from the gulf.. high pressure north so it cant turn north as so many do..

Apparently we have people evacuating the coast to my place.

Water coming down at 2 feet of rain can do a lot more than 2 feet locally.. the water falling on high ground goes to lower areas.

And its not so much that my place would flood but the roads through town might be swimming only lol..
And then when will stores be open again?
And am i going to lose all the food at the restaurant?

Schools are opening for shelter..
edit on 10-9-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

You can get coolers and mini fridges for the food, especially important for any expensive stuff. wait you got a freezer there right? so maybe put the food in there.

I think since you have seniority that you will have to play a role in getting things back on track at the restaurant.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
depends on what stores are in walking distance. normally not having a car would be problematic but the flooding cancels that out. this keyboard is ticking me off.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Got the word go! So had to order today cause trucks arent coming after..then im helping board everything up.. and we hope for the best.. i got in a minor fight but I stand up for my point of view. Responsibility is out of my court now.

So no mas stress.

Im not worried about me...
I walk from one end of town to the other and back quite a lot. I also have that army I can do anything programming stuck in my brain.
edit on 11-9-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

That's the Reverbs that I know...

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It's looking like it may not be as bad as I first thought.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Sounds like you got things basically under control, anyway.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
It's looking like it may not be as bad as I first thought.

In what way exactly? Maybe for you but this is a once every 50 years storm for NC.
And under control?
My boss just made me order food that will now go bad...

Roommates family is coming over and we are on a dead end cars can be easily trapped..
At least they have their own supplies..
Somone else might be going back to hospital and they have to go basically now or they miss their shot but then they will be stuck there.. its currently a thunderstorm outside cause ya know we need the rain..

And on top if we do somehow open back up saturday (lol yea right) ill be there all day for days like some kind of kitchen apocalypse movie and without any of the college kids as they are being sent home to their families. As in no servers. And Im willing to bet not many can get to work.. one of the cooks cars wont start just today and its not the battery, but the engine not even trying to start.. (starter, spark plugs?) I dont know anything about cars.. not to mention my main man probably have his car flooded..

We fimally got that washer/dryer today and guess what? Its not the same voltage or amperage as the old one so cant plug it in...

My clothes are all dirty..
Maybe ill handwash them and hang them in my hurricane to dry?

Yea under control lol.

My own person is under control.
Im fine.
Everything else?

When it rains, it pours..

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Okay, okay, I got the message loud and clear.

So maybe you need to convince the gm not to order food until next week. or else put it in coolers. sounds to me like you need to convince the gm to close shop until next week. save you all from the trouble. theres not really going to be any point in trying to keep business going through the weekend. I hope you are a silver tongued devil and can get the message across to your superiors. walk over and board the place up.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

its going to be one of those situations where you're working there and business is so slow that they will just tell you to go back home. but like I said, you have seniority so theyree going to need your help.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

you need to get them to close until Monday atleast. it wont be worth the trouble for everyone.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

What are you talking about? The food is already ordered..
And coolers?
What with ice in them?
You cant buy ice right now or the 100 coolers needed for all that food..
This isnt some small business we are talking maybe 5000$ in cold storage.

I let em have my mind but the deed is done.

I have proof it wasnt my call..
Thats it though.

I wonder if you understand what I write sometimes.
I appreciate the thought, but this is #ed..
The owners get to eat the cost.
I told you out of my hands
I dont care.
I care when I have power to change.
I dont worry about anything not directly affected by me..

Im not sure why you are confused about coolers and originally "mini fridges" lol.. i already have the insulated storage space.. ie "fridge" or "cooler" its the electricity/ice ill be short on.

Its above my pay grade.
I dont know why you care.
They messed up.
They will learn.
Has nothing to do with me.

As far as seniority Im the newest person in the kitchen.. No its not my responsibility.. its the owners and gms call.. i work from that point onward not before. This is their mistake.

And please just stop.
Im trying to enjoy myself.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

lol, alrighty then.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Be safe!!

A lot of water in a short amount of time is never good for any place.

Where have I been?? Well, still have to swap networks to do my job then record that I worked back on the other network which is usually a reboot or two. So I choose one or the other most of the time. Lately it has been the other one because I was "gifted" new job duties when somebody got canned. Thrown into the deep end of the pool so to speak. It is not hard, just different. And time consuming. And on the job training... on the other network. So kind of doing drive by postings which is OK for things like fusion or graphene news but not so good for interaction!

I was wondering and pondering and minding my own business when I started to realize that with all the radio telescopes and space based telescopes and gravity wave detectors we are "seeing" more and more of our lovely universe. Which if you apply the spider web extension of the spider brain to our banana pudding means we are already travelling to the stars!! And back in time!

The mind is a terrible thing to taste!!

PS - Still wondering about light and found a couple things like "anti-lasers" and Bose-Einstein condensates made of photons! I keep saying light is weirder than we realize.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Yea light is one of the weirdest things..
Its fundamental nature has to do with the fabric of reality, whereas many think it has a speed limit placed on it, its really an expression of the same thing. Space/time that is.

Im too stupid to get it but I also found it extremely fascinating there are energy levels to electrons and when one loses one level one photon emerges.. though that is just one version of words to describe potentials and waves doing whatever theyre doing..
I think I should have payed more attention in chemistry then the physics would make more sense.... maybe..

The hurricane got scared..
Now its moving around where i live in a wide arc.
Its good to hear from you brother teot.

edit on 13-9-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Today is good example. I posted early then got called away to the new job duties. I got back in after lunch about 3 hours after that first post! Gah!

Maybe Florence is trying to sneak up on you from behind! lol!!

Hope those were wine coolers!! Give you something to do during the Great Dry Out!!

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Certain that you are "riding the storm out"!!

Anyway, like I said in the last thread, phys.org likes messing with me and posting stories about my weird ideas a few days after. Like this one!

"This new and unique application of intense light can improve the performance of compact electron accelerators," he said. "But the novel and more general scientific aspect of our results is that the application of force of light resulted in the direct acceleration of matter."

The optical rocket is the latest example of how the forces exerted by light can be used as tools, [Donald] Umstadter said.

'Optical rocket' created with intense laser light.

They blasted electrons to create a plasma. Those electrons were then pulsed with lasers which pulled them into their wake and pushed them to near light speed. Crazy!!

Light not only tools but propulsion! Which is what astr0 said in the aircraft forum (Weird California Sighting)!! One little beam proves it can be done. What happens when you get hundreds or thousands of beams working together??

Stay dry!!

top topics

<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join