It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 116
<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I think we bounce between acidic and base in our guts. There has got to be a balanced approach but we are too dumb to listen to our guts. And iron. If an army marches on its stomach then we should pay attention.

There were some phys.org articles on the same.

Microbes rule our lives!! Just ask Toxoplasmosis Ghandi!!
edit on 14-8-2018 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Words mean things...

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

My gut just made me order asian, because assumption day. If you really listen it's pretty amazing what my gut wants almost always is either fruit, veggies and certain spices. What I think is amazing even if you're really hungry the body never asks for fad. Mine doesn't.
But looking around most people eat fad and meat with bread. How is that possible? Is their gut trying to kill them?

Toxoplasma Gandhi is super cute btw, makes me think of a parallel world, like we but with flagella as foot... some round some long... aww

edit on 15-8-2018 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I'd like an update, please.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

What ever do you mean?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

We miss you, I miss TEOT too. But woo is so quiet and all the science is on summer vacation it seems.

What was the vid about, can't watch?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

You know what I mean, what's up with the restaurant? I just want to know that your okay.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Oh its about QED which is a version of quantum mechanics. It made a prediction to 5 or 6 decimal places and was correct. It says that every potential particle spot or speed.. add all the potentials... not "reality" not one photon is here.. but photon has 1% chance its here, 3% chance its there... add all that up you have the right answer..

In other words reality is like not really a thing in a place.. iys everything that could happen possibly add up and divided..

Or to find the right answer all possibilities exist and you use all of them and the answer is reality.

Sorry im not a physicist.. it would maybe make less sense if i was.. maybe teot can help me out?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

You know what I mean, what's up with the restaurant? I just want to know that your okay.

Oh.. im still workimg on the menu, but its not like i have time to do it. I just worked 15 hours.. did breakfast.. did lunch.. did dinner.. through a 2000$ party.. and ordered like 3000$ of food.

Im tired..

;

I argued with the owners. I got my way.. Im not budging on flavor profiles and good food while brining in what they want new.

I still need to figure out acai bowls and a veghie wrap.. flour tortilla veggies inside..

But yea ive been at work like 14 hours sono more of that haha..

I dont use auto correct.. im not fixing all those typos..

edit on 18-8-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Ah okay the uncertainty principle. I thought I missed sthg new.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Its a bit more than the uncertainty principal in that you do know, as all the probabilities have real effects.

The difference is all the probabilities are happening..
You can only be "uncertain" if youre looking for one point. Its not a mathematical idea.. its not just statistics.. the electron is like 1% here and 3% percent over there and... on and on.. if you poke, it will show itself as "here" but its honestly everywhere it could potentially be.

Im trying to find something that might click for you

phys.org

leading to a nearly century-long debate on how to interpret the wave function: does it representative objective reality or merely the subjective knowledge of an observer? In a new paper, physicists Roger Colbeck of the Perimeter Institute in Waterloo, Ontario, and Renato Renner who is based at ETH Zurich, Switzerland, have presented an argument strongly in favor of the objective reality of the wave function

Probability or uncertainty are not based on the observers lack of information.. rather its god playing dice all those turtles down.. sorry einstien

linky

Quantum mechanics has a concept called a "wave function." It's incredibly important because it holds all the measurable information about a particle (or group of particles) within it. In practice, the wave function describes a set of probabilities that change in time. When we make a measurement, we are really poking at the wave function, causing these probabilities to collapse and take on a definite value. The value that the wave function predicts is determined by the relative probabilities of all the possible measurement results.

But physically, the wave function is problematic. It is often possible to figure out the physical meaning of a symbol in an equation by looking at the physical units you would use to measure it. A quick examination of the wave function shows that the units of the wave function don't make a great deal of sense. To avoid a mental hernia, physicists tell each other that the wave function is a useful calculation tool, but only has physical relevance in terms of statistics, rather than having some concrete existence. In other words, it's not really "real."

Until now, we have taken comfort from the idea that, real or not, the results from the wave function would be the same. So no worries, right? Quite possibly wrong. In a paper posted on the arXiv, a trio of researchers has shown that you can't have it both ways; a purely statistical wave function will not always give the same results as a wave function with real physical significance.

Remember the double slit experiment?
Probabilities interfere with probabilities..
Its all "real."

nature.com "what is really real?"

That is essentially what Fedrizzi's team tested. The group measured polarization and other features in a beam of photons and found a level of overlap that could not be explained by the ignorance models. [get it?] The results support the alternative view that, if objective reality exists, then the wavefunction is real. [Wave function is all probabilities]“It's really impressive that the team was able to address a profound issue, with what's actually a very simple experiment,” says Andrea Alberti, a physicist at the University of Bonn in Germany.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

It's really annoying me I can't give you a star.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

The star button is often broken..
Or is it broken and fixed at the same time?

Ok open the box.
You get a star, and you get a star! And you get a star!

Bad oprah joke..
I should stop myself sometimes.. maybe.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

You silly BB.

I am so full my belly explodes. You're in Florida right? I heard you got issues with dying turtles and fish? Also did you ever eat an alligator?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Florida? Nope..
Dying turtles and fish? Red tide right? I don't know, that place is like countries away from me in more ways than one. Red tide happens now and again.
Never tried alligator, but a crocodile almost tried me once in South Carolina. Little B snuck up on me from the middle of this pond, I was at the edge, and SNAP! holy sh1t lol.. Dude got water all over me, but not his teeth.

So many times in my life it could have gone one way or the other.

but yea I was almost in Florida when I was in the Army.
I had to navigate through wild hog and alligator territory with a map and no using light..
Didn't run into anything.

The closest edge of florida is about 750km from me.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Hm I always put you in a swamp, that's why I thought everglades. Nevermind.
It's pretty cool I bet not that many people almost got eaten by a croco. Watcha doing? I'm hanging around watching docus about the start of civilisation göbekli tepe ur all pretty cool. But I feel mild social pressure to go out since it's 21.15 on a saturday.
Screw it right? It's 30°C and I got my blankett pulled up to my nose freezing! That's 86°F? Is it?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I'm about to go cook food. I'm still tired from last night though. I had to do like a catering thing for 40 people.. I was trying to go out last night, but I ended up not leaving work until like 1:30am.

Swamp? no more like hills and old forests and stuff.. I live right between the mountains and the beaches 3 hours each way.

I imagine it's like 35C outside lol.

oh nvm it's like 30C haha, what are the odds?
you spying on me?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Not more than on everybody else. I thought you wouldn't mind. Muahaha my crystal ball is a bit foggy.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Yep i think i may evaporate walking to work.. and oh look a bag of grass on the ground haha . . College kids are back.

ATS chicks and their crystal balls..

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Throw some over here, that would make my night perfect. I'm so sober since at least two weeks no drugs no alcohol nothing. I'm either getting old or am getting responsible. Urch.
Want to hear sthg disgusting? I cut off 0,5cm thick skin from my foot today

And got a blister from wearing flipflop I hate feet.They're so susceptible.
Have fun at work

Responsible is wrong, what is the word I'm looking for?
edit on 18-8-2018 by Peeple because: Add

new topics

top topics

<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join