It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 115
<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Well, I'm not expecting anyone to go through all of that.. It has to be pretty rare, or it would be all over ATS.. As far as word choice goes I'm pretty flexible haha.. Even my word crazy is a bit tongue in cheek. Make fun of myself all the time. Means I'm harder to influence. Someone calls me crazy now, and I'll be like "crazy like two baby foxes in some sockses."

I wonder sometimes what magic girl is up to.
I can't imagine she had less going on on her end than me. We were like two opposite poles and when that connected together the energetic storm was out of this world.

Woo seems done with me for now.

edit on 8-8-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Peace before the storm. It will get so super woo-eird. Maybe never the same, there's no second time like first time. But that's good. Lots of people to help would show up.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

July 25th is the last day I logged in. I got spooked when I was in the car on my way home from errands on that day, so I decided to take a break from here.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

But I think my break is over now.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Did BB really summon you? So easy? A song and talks about food? I'm the only café regular it seems. Hi.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

What happened to Teot? I thought you guys were dear friends. I just happened to peek in.

What do you think about all of those immigrants in Germany? I understand real estate is expensive there. I don't think I could afford to live there unless I was someone's roommate.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hiya Meta Cafeterians!!

I am doing drive-by posting due to technical problems on my end. Oh, and the perfect # storm at work. It is not me but I am affected. More things dumped on my plate. We had a major project come due and I had my small part to play so was busy for a couple of weeks. Hope all finds you well!

BEBOG asked about math and why I like it. I wrote something but I think that the following article does a better job explaining both why math and it also re-iterates the extended brain idea at the same time!

The most immediately shocking element of this definition is that our mind extends beyond our physical selves. In other words, our mind is not simply our perception of experiences, but those experiences themselves. Siegel argues that it’s impossible to completely disentangle our subjective view of the world from our interactions.

“I realized if someone asked me to define the shoreline but insisted, is it the water or the sand, I would have to say the shore is both sand and sea,” says Siegel. “You can’t limit our understanding of the coastline to insist it’s one or the other. I started thinking, maybe the mind is like the coastline—some inner and inter process. Mental life for an anthropologist or sociologist is profoundly social. Your thoughts, feelings, memories, attention, what you experience in this subjective world is part of mind.”

The definition has since been supported by research across the sciences, but much of the original idea came from mathematics. Siegel realized the mind meets the mathematical definition of a complex system in that it’s open (can influence things outside itself), chaos capable (which simply means it’s roughly randomly distributed), and non-linear (which means a small input leads to large and difficult to predict result).

In math, complex systems are self-organizing, and Siegel believes this idea is the foundation to mental health.

qz.com – Scientists say your “mind” isn’t confined to your brain, or even your body.

Remember the spider web as an extension of the spider’s brain? Same is being said here but this time with a foundational model from mathematics. Which brings up the question, does math exist and we discover pieces or is it all made up crap as we go along? I think math exists outside of us. What we learn is school is just the “language of math” and all the conventions and weird idioms (“that is a bingo!”) therein. I find it funny that some people are using really complex symbols and equations to try and express some idioms!

Like this paper at the arXiv – look at all the funny symbols.

All that crap is basic set notation saying to remove items from a subset of integers within a range that meet some criteria. This is “sieve” theory at its most complex. Half of it is gibberish to me as they assume you know sieve theory already. I have written my paper on the same topic but you could hand it to any first course algebra student (or a precocious elementary student) and they would understand it. That is how simple the idea is! Simplicity in math means “correct” and I am still amazed that after 10 years nobody has described it (I figured it out over 10 years ago). Anyway, putting it in LaTex. Next, to create an account at the arXiv and find a sponsor. Then it is duck and cover time.

And you thought I have been sparse before!

From that experience (finding something out about math that nobody knows) makes me pretty confident that math exists outside of us. Using basic math language and being bored and not wanting to give up, I worked out with pen and paper something that already exists but not in this manner. When I did, I did the Feynman trick of trying to explain it to an 8-year old. Then, while I was in the shower one day, explaining out loud again, it hit me. After drying off and getting dressed, I wrote it all down in a clean copy and sweet baby bok choi did it ever work! People have had over 10 years to figure it out for themselves but want to race to that spaghetti set of symbols in that paper!

If math exists outside of us then our minds are capable of much more than shoving slices of pizza down our pie hole! Whitman said it best (as only a poet could), “Do I contradict myself? Very well, I contradict myself! I am large! I contain multitudes!”

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Sorry, I haven’t been following the thread at all. ATS, just barely. Kinda nice taking a break!

Last week had a weird dream where I went through two different versions of reality where I was doing the same thing (trying to sleep but not able to).

Dream 1, very similar to this reality but details were different. Dream 2, a much different place which looked a lot like Italy with all the small streets and architecture. Then it went messed up!

I felt something grab my right elbow. I look but all I see is a light being. It is blue and luminous and this is me sleeping. We jump to dream 1 and immediately start to hallucinate... big time. I have uh, had experience with things that, kids don’t do until you are 21!, do the same but it was this being’s touch that started it all. It did not talk but was trying to show me something.

The something was to slow down and watch the beauty of nature. It got mad at me for looking inside and was trying to focus me outward.

Basically, you don’t need drugs to do this. The universe is a wonder and that we need to appreciate it because we can self reflect. Which is what the thread is saying without my input!!

The next weird thing is that something tried to to get me to procreate! I had my chakra activated in the groin region externally. All women are giving me the look now which I find funny! I don’t want to bring a kid into this messed up world... on purpose.

Anyway, work sucks. No time to play here with ya’ll.

edit on 11-8-2018 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Can’t type

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
BEBOG, I was a jerk trying to call you one. It just proves the point. Leave personal hang ups at the door. We are dealing with ideas and the Metaverse. Sorry about your messed up childhood but we all come from that.

Let the ideas free and off the leash! No blame. No stuff that keeps us down in the real world.

Stop judging people! We don’t, so why do you? We are on the same side!

Love,

David

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Haha last night I didnt want to go home after work even with no money. I ended up talking to this girl for a few hours about the high strangness before heading home thinking that would be the highlight of the night. now I go be lonely at home. I dont hardly get lonely as I love being alone, but sometimes. I love people so much..

Then my boring night was a bunch of crazy conversations about nature and the future of society and lots of inside info from a high up cable worker.. including information on me lol.. Ill skip over that, but very very interesting. Reminded me of my geeky days.

Then I ended up outside in a thunderstorm but under an overhang.. the lit up leaves blowing all around glistening wet and Im just smiling ear to ear about the whole thing.

Cross buzzing on nature and good company.
Nature is a helluva drug.

Sometimes when you get lost in the way the leaves grow from the branches from the trunk from the ground and just the wind and rain.. it shows you something deeper about the connectedness and the actual character of the all underneath it all.

And now free drinks and live music.

Right now an intersting and competent cover of this one:

edit on 11-8-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I love your vulnerabilities and sentimental tendencies.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Aww thanks mousy.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Your heart-felt posts is one of the things I love about you.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Ey math is not very gender progressive. 0,999999p everywhere else would qualify as 1, only maths...

I know I shouldn't try so hard to be funny. Oooh, what do maths and music have in common? Almost zeroes can come together and make a number 1.

Yesterday my morning began with me wondering if cowboys around campfires also told stories of anal probing ET? I'm not sure if this is an improvement?

Plus I like Star Trek a lot more since I thought about the Replicator. How much easier it would be to talk about all our problems if we all just chill with the Replicator, you pee you poop, you find some fluid that could contain human nutrition elements, or water throw it in...please wait... voilà coffee and donuts. They'd all be much less hysterical. I mean it would have to break the atoms down completely to probably print a dish? Right?
edit on 13-8-2018 by Peeple because: Add

Wait for nano 3d printing

edit on 13-8-2018 by Peeple because: Plus

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Man, drinking a cup of water full of cayenne pepper is not fun...but I will have good circulation thanks to the capsaicin inside.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Wow mouses and peeples are total gooses!

I never actually considered anal probing seriously before. Pretty sure my first encounter with the idea was from south park a million years ago.

Thinking now though and googling a bit..

The FDA considers human feces as an experimental drug since 2013.

Anyway that gut bacteria is what keeps all the other fungi bacteria and whatever else from making us sick..

Could you imagine they are taking biological samples to grow their own bio shields?

Random mode is in effect.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Okay wow, I will come back to this before the night is over.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   

As long as it wasn't the fist (I didn't see the r the firrrst time).
I can imagine Dr.A.S.Lococcus from my gut is doing a fantastic job throwing the joint. I can poop on schedule if this becomes true tomorrow, I am ready.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I think we bounce between acidic and base in our guts. There has got to be a balanced approach but we are too dumb to listen to our guts. And iron. If an army marches on its stomach then we should pay attention.

There were some phys.org articles on the same.

Microbes rule our lives!! Just Toxoplasmosis Ghandi!!

new topics

top topics

<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join